ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependant applying separately from main applicant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

goingbrit

Tier 1 dependant applying separately from main applicant

Post by goingbrit » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:26 am

Hello,

Can anyone answer the following question: if a child's dependant visa is applied for separately from the main applicant, does the main applicant's passport have to be sent along with the child's application?

My husband is the main applicant, and is finding it very hard to find a PEO appt for both him and our child. So we're thinking he might apply at the PEO by himself, and once that is approved, send the child's application by post. This would only help if my husband can still keep his passport (and potentially travel) while the child's application is being processed (as it looks like it's takng up to 3 months to do tier 1 extensions by post).

Thanks!

layman

Post by layman » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:17 pm

Main applicant's passport is definitely not required for dependants applying separately. I have done the same, PEO for myself and dependants application sent by post later

goingbrit

Post by goingbrit » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:46 pm

Thanks, layman. So do we need to send a copy of main applicant's BRP? Or will a copy of the approval letter do? I'm assuming that even if all goes well at the PEO, it will take a week to get the BRP.

layman

Post by layman » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:55 pm

Copy of approval letter or BRP is not mandatory, although could help the case worker. Many(including me) have received BRP card within 2-3 days. I had sent copy of approval letter and BRP along with cover letter for dependants application.

The most important thing would be the main applicants reference number(mentioned on approval letter) which is to be mentioned on the dependants form (and preferably in the cover letter). Again, that is also not mandatory(in case approval letter not recd on the same day and can't wait further to send dependants appliation) but would definitely speed up the dependants approval process.

goingbrit

Post by goingbrit » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:40 am

Thanks layman!