ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP posted out to wrong address.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

O_Relly

BRP posted out to wrong address.

Post by O_Relly » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:40 am

Hello folks,

I appeared for a PEO appointment in Croydon on 21st May and was sent back on due to IT issue / biometric delay after submitting my documents. I got a call on 30th May saying application was successful.

When I collected docs, I noticed my address was printed incorrectly in the approval letter. On 1st June, I wrote to the e-mail id provided in their approval letter -> BRPDelivery@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, about the error and provided my correct postal address, requesting them to post it out.

On 4th June, I received a response stating the below,

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the delivery of your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP).

Your BRP will be delivered within the next 3-7 working days.
If you have not received your BRP within 10 working days, please re-contact us and we will investigate.

Deliveries take place between 8am and 6pm.
Please note that on delivery the courier will require proof of identity (such as your passport, driving licence or bank card) and a signature to confirm receipt of the package.
You are advised not to make any travel arrangements until you have received your BRP.

Thank you
BRP Management Unit

I waited 10 days and have still did not received my BRP, so I wrote back to them yesterday and in a couple of hours I received the exact same response as above.

Now, I am concerned as it appears to be just an automated mail and no action is actually being taken.

Is there a specific number I can call or another means to reach them to notify them about this error.

Kindly advice,
OR.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: BRP posted out to wrong address.

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:34 pm

It's probably already been dispatched but if the courier can't identify you at the location he will return the package to the UKBA.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:49 pm

I don't think that is the case, there is someone at home available at all times to receive it.

Also even if someone is not available, they usually drop a card or make a phone call to the receiver. Either of that hasn't happened.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:56 pm

You said the address was wrong so what I was suggesting is that when the courier arrives at that address (which is not yours) and can't identify you as being resident there, he will not deliver the package.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:57 pm

Lucapooka wrote:You said the address was wrong so what I was suggesting is that when the courier arrives at that address (which is not yours) and can't identify you as being resident there, he will not deliver the package.
Yes, that would have happened, which is the reason, I wrote to them about the error in my address, provided them the correct address, sent them a scanned copy of the approval letter (having incorrect address) and my bank statement (with correct address) as proof.

When I got their first response (quoted in my original post), I assumed they have posted it to the correct address.

Now, when I got the same response yesterday as well, I wrote back saying I was concerned if this was an automated response or if any action was taken at all, I again in a few minutes time, got the exact same response.

I am convinced it is a waste of time writing to the e-mail address and no action has been taken from their end.

Will try ringing their number and write to the alternate physical address provided in the approval letter.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:26 pm

Ok, I again walked in to PEO, Croydon to the ROD desk on 18th June, and from their system, it said on the 14th June, they had advised to resend the BRP, but their records still had my wrong address.

Then the lady updated my correct address in the system, wonder why they couldn't do this the first time I went to ROD to complain about the wrong address ! and added a note in the system.

I received the BRP card today.

roc_wab
Newly Registered

Re: BRP posted out to wrong address.

Post by roc_wab » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:53 am

Hi,

can you please guide me on how to approach the Croydon PEO in person to change the address for BRP to be delivered to the correct address. Should I take an appointment?

Thanks in advance,