ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extreme Delay in Biometric Letter...Need Advice

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AloofStar
Newly Registered

Extreme Delay in Biometric Letter...Need Advice

Post by AloofStar » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:27 pm

Hi Forum Members/Moderators,
I need your advice.

I submitted my application about 80 days ago. And i am still waiting for biometric letter invite to arrive. i am calling UKBA every week for last four weeks and every time I get the similar not so helpful reply..."your letter is not ready yet...and we (telephone advisor) can't do anything to help you...so continue to wait".

I am now concerned whether they have lost my application (I have acknowledgement letter though) or my application is missing something.

I am wondering if anyone faced (or facing) similar situation. I have sent various emails to appointment exceptions, public enquiry but no response so far. My concern if they are taking this long to send a simple biometric letter invite, how long they gonna take to fully process my application? I will be in trouble and lose my job, if they return my application as invalid (or refuse) after my existing visa expiry date (Aug 18).

I am thinking to write to my local MP, do you think this is the right time now? would it be useful to discuss this matter with a solicitor? or anyone has any other suggestion, please let me know. Many thanks.

My timelines are below:
Expiry of exisitng visa: 18 Aug 2012
No. of Applicants: 1 + 3
Date Application Posted: 02 Apr 2012 (Special Delivery, Next Day)
Date on the Acknowledgement Letter: 30 Apr 2012
Biometric letter Invite: No letter received (as at 20 Jun 2012)

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:02 pm

Check mantasingh's timeline :

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=320

You can check with him of what he did as I have read few of his posts and he kind of tried all routes to contact UKBA regarding his biometeric letter with not much luck. He might be able to give you more information on this situation.

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:44 pm

Do you have the copy of filled forms that you sent to UKBA?
If yes then it is worth checking the Section D on your dependent applications.

The issue that I had is as below:
On 14 Feb, UKBA changed the Dependent application forms. I downloaded and filled them.
But I applied sometime in March. Till that time they updated the Section D which had different flow of questions.

My 3 year old daughter's application hit the issue because of this late change in form.

In her BRP section, when I selected Under 6 years of age, then the form stated "Go to section E".
But later on UKBA changed the form and it required to go to Question D6 instead after answering the age question.
Hence, I didn't answer D6 questions and my application got stuck.

If any of your dependent is under 6 then it is worth checking.

Now in order to get a progress on your application, keep on calling UKBA and stress that it is more than 80 days. Stressing the number of days elapsed work for me. It worked for one more person as well.

Only then they contacted me for the updated Section D for my daughter and on receipt of it, I got the letter within 3 days.

Best of luck.

AloofStar
Newly Registered

Post by AloofStar » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:36 am

You are spot on mantasingh!
Just got an email asking me to provide me the same information.

Before posting my application, I matched the version number of the online form. Never thought that they could change the content of the form without updating the version number.

One could understand the importance of this info, if a child dependent is applying separately. As we are applying at the same time, it is obvious that we will attend the biometric enrolment together.

Also couldn't understand the reason of why they sat on my application for 3 months. I mean, what it takes to send a few lines by email? I guess they are king of the jungle and they can do any thing as they like!

On a brighter note, at least they didn't return my application as invalid. Now finger cross for the biometric letter.

Thanks guys for all your useful suggestions and help. I will update the forum with my progress.

mantasingh wrote:Do you have the copy of filled forms that you sent to UKBA?
If yes then it is worth checking the Section D on your dependent applications.

The issue that I had is as below:
On 14 Feb, UKBA changed the Dependent application forms. I downloaded and filled them.
But I applied sometime in March. Till that time they updated the Section D which had different flow of questions.

My 3 year old daughter's application hit the issue because of this late change in form.

In her BRP section, when I selected Under 6 years of age, then the form stated "Go to section E".
But later on UKBA changed the form and it required to go to Question D6 instead after answering the age question.
Hence, I didn't answer D6 questions and my application got stuck.

If any of your dependent is under 6 then it is worth checking.

Now in order to get a progress on your application, keep on calling UKBA and stress that it is more than 80 days. Stressing the number of days elapsed work for me. It worked for one more person as well.

Only then they contacted me for the updated Section D for my daughter and on receipt of it, I got the letter within 3 days.

Best of luck.

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:58 am

Keep on chasing the Email that you received and they will confirm when they release your biometric letter.

I had the same question as yours.
They might have figured this issue in April itself for my application but kept on sitting till the time I made hue & cry with UKBA.

tot

Post by tot » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:47 pm

Hi,

Can you please let me know where exactly is this change made? Is it in the main t1-general form - main applicant or some other form?

Many thanks,
tot