ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PASSPORT REQUIREMENT (TIER 1) GENERAL

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

luca
Newly Registered

PASSPORT REQUIREMENT (TIER 1) GENERAL

Post by luca » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:26 pm

In my original Tier 1 (General) visa application I applied with a Croatian passport which was approved. I also have a Australian passport additionally thus holding dual nationalities. The Australian passport was not submitted with the original Tier 1 visa application and no points for age were allocated or claimed for within the application.

I am about to extend my Tier 1 (General) visa with Home office. I will obviously include my Croatian passport with the extension application again & wont by applying for any age based points. Within the application form it states “pls give us details of the applicant’s current passport or travel document and any others that he/she has used to travel to and remain in the United Kingdom and which shows his/her current leave. The applicant should also provide all previous passports and/or travel documents that he/she has used to travel to and remain in the United Kingdom”.

My Australian passport has UK immigration stamps within it for previous travel to the UK as a “visitor only” and I was wondering therefore if I have to include the Australian passport with the Croatian passport in the application as well?

Let me know as I prefer not to include the Australian passport with the application in case I need to travel and if there is a Home Office processing delay.

Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: PASSPORT REQUIREMENT (TIER 1) GENERAL

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:40 pm

luca wrote:Within the application form it states “pls give us details of the applicant’s current passport or travel document and any others that he/she has used to travel to and remain in the United Kingdom and which shows his/her current leave. The applicant should also provide all previous passports and/or travel documents that he/she has used to travel to and remain in the United Kingdom”.

My Australian passport has UK immigration stamps within it for previous travel to the UK as a “visitor only” and I was wondering therefore if I have to include the Australian passport with the Croatian passport in the application as well?
No, you don't need to enclose your Australian passport. My interpretation of the above is that it applies to those who have their previous Tier 1 visa sticker in a passport which has now expired/cancelled. So they will need to submit both the current and previous (passport containing Tier 1 General visa) when applying.

I applied for an extension recently, and enclosed both current & former expired passport which had my Tier 1 visa sticker in it. But didn't include a previous passport which contained several UK visit visa's in it.
luca wrote: Let me know as I prefer not to include the Australian passport with the application in case I need to travel and if there is a Home Office processing delay.
On this particular point, if you do indeed travel on your Australian passport while your Tier 1 extension is being processed, how do you intend to re-enter the UK? From what I know you would only be able to return as a visitor with your Australian passport & not a Tier 1 General migrant.

luca
Newly Registered

Post by luca » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:12 pm

Thanks for your response. I take it your visa application was approved then?

Were you the holder of dual nationalities and dual passports? Did you declare that you had 2 nationalities on the Tier 1 (Visa) general extension application.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:31 pm

luca wrote:Thanks for your response. I take it your visa application was approved then?

Were you the holder of dual nationalities and dual passports? Did you declare that you had 2 nationalities on the Tier 1 (Visa) general extension application.
Yes, my visa application was approved. But No, I dont hold dual nationality. In my case I just had several former passports. The older one which had several UK visit and student visas were not submitted as part of my extension application. Only my current passport and the one before that containing the original Tier 1 General EC sticker were submitted.