ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rosdoodoo
BANNED

Post by rosdoodoo » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:31 am

Most application has reached a stage of no going back again, and i believed most applicant left should be grateful to God, because what apply to husband must be apply to wife in history, we're really really very grateful to God for his patience for everybody who want to become Irish/European citizen with any unusual attack or bias in these economic chaotic period. :D
Bruce willies To Fight On, Even when he's crippled And Out Of Work.

samchoopra

Post by samchoopra » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:33 am

did some one from 2011 application rang to citizenship dept this week.any hope for 2011 applicants when their turn will come? pls share.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:04 pm

is any one else recieved the citizenship recently????

rosdoodoo
BANNED

Post by rosdoodoo » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:43 pm

samchoopra wrote:did some one from 2011 application rang to citizenship dept this week.any hope for 2011 applicants when their turn will come? pls share.
What does that mean 2011, are trying to make mockery of people here for fun, or you have conducted a preliminary investigation and realized that, there isn't 2011 among the figure of almost 18,000 granted since last year, when they announced that, application will be dealt with withing 6 month and complicated application ''May'' take more than 6 months, which you made difficult (police) as often, but the minister is more aware of your effort now though. :D

And stop marking territory, that's why judge bypass you now, that's what the justice minister should do aswell discretionally per statute if you have education to that level.

catch_hunter

Post by catch_hunter » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:43 pm

IQU wrote:is any one else recieved the citizenship recently????

I received my naturalisation certificate on Thursday afternoon. I was scheduled at 4 PM and the ceremony was completed by 5 PM.

I would like to thank all the guys in this forum. Two years back, I have had once thought that it would not be possible to get naturalisation as my application was rejected twice; however you guys were really supportive and provided prompt response.

My best wishes!

rosdoodoo
BANNED

Post by rosdoodoo » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:50 pm

catch_hunter wrote:

I received my naturalisation certificate on Thursday afternoon. I was scheduled at 4 PM and the ceremony was completed by 5 PM.

I would like to thank all the guys in this forum. Two years back, I have had once thought that it would not be possible to get naturalisation as my application was rejected twice; however you guys were really supportive and provided prompt response.

My best wishes!
You can imagine, i wonder if you'll be refused on the basis of no re-entry visa to Ireland and you were allowed into the country with no complaint than warning not to do that or forget again. :lol:

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:05 am

he is banned again lol

samchoopra

Post by samchoopra » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:42 pm

catch_hunter wrote:

My best wishes!
congratulation that u have received your letter.please share what bases u have applied and why you application rejected twice .thanks.

catch_hunter

Post by catch_hunter » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:30 pm

samchoopra wrote:
catch_hunter wrote:

My best wishes!
congratulation that u have received your letter.please share what bases u have applied and why you application rejected twice .thanks.

I applied on the basis of 5 years work permit and my application was rejected due to problems with birth certificate. Please visit my responses from past. I hope you will get more information from there.

nissa

Post by nissa » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:18 pm

congratulations to those who have received their letters for ceremony in august.i have visited recently few solicitors web sites every website has mentioned that the minister announced that after 17 june 2011 all applications will be processed with in six months.what it does mean i havent understand because on citizenship phone recording is still the old one 22 or 24 months some thing like that.
please share some views about this.have the citizenship started to process applications with in six months.my application is one and a half year in delay.thanks if some 1 share with me his knowlege about this six month new time line brought in last june 2011.

rayr7501

Post by rayr7501 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:42 pm

nissa wrote:congratulations to those who have received their letters for ceremony in august.i have visited recently few solicitors web sites every website has mentioned that the minister announced that after 17 june 2011 all applications will be processed with in six months.what it does mean i havent understand because on citizenship phone recording is still the old one 22 or 24 months some thing like that.
please share some views about this.have the citizenship started to process applications with in six months.my application is one and a half year in delay.thanks if some 1 share with me his knowlege about this six month new time line brought in last june 2011.
one thing for sure that i noticed after last weeks ceremony....about 85percent were nigerians and very few pakis or the bearded arab types :twisted: ....any way gd luck to all n i am outta here...

dhang

Post by dhang » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:39 pm

[quote="IQU"]is any one else recieved the citizenship recently????[/quote

Did ye guys notice inis website, processing time details is gone since this morning?

ardee

Post by ardee » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:55 am

dhang wrote:
IQU wrote:is any one else recieved the citizenship recently????[/quote

Did ye guys notice inis website, processing time details is gone since this morning?
Yes, i notice that too. i suspect that they are trying to re configure that section of the website to reflect the new processing time of 6 months.

Malfidisdoodoo
BANNED

Post by Malfidisdoodoo » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:16 am

IQU wrote:he is banned again lol
What does a black commentator expect from a white website-site or forum, when fact is told to their faces ?

And i don't know why people running up and down to politicians because of Naturalization, there's no need to insult yourself by them telling you that, you're shouting and same people that, claim that, you're a shouting criminal is been looked forward for help, seat down in your home, it will definitely reach your turn by the time they dealt with every standard adult application and nothing will be left for them to deal with than toddlers by then, the ministers office will have no option left than to shake your hand because of the shame it will bring to their political office and the nation when people before and after you and around you have all been issued with certificate of naturalization and only you left and you did not kill or rape or removed ATM from the wall, please relax and continue your wonderful holiday as often as possible until they find themselves in a hole. :lol:

Relax mate! :D

Aung San Suu Kyi Heads For UK And Ireland
Sky News – 19 hours ago

Email
Print
RELATED CONTENT
View Photo
Aung San Suu Kyi Heads For UK And Ireland
Burma's pro-democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi starts a five-day visit to the UK and Ireland later.
Thousands of supporters in Dublin are expected to turn out to honour the Nobel Peace Prize laureate, who will deliver an open-air address and receive the freedom of the city.
Rock star Bono and fellow aid campaigner Sir Bob Geldof will join her in a special tribute concert, where Ms Suu Kyi will be presented with Amnesty International's prestigious Ambassador of Conscience award.
She was under house arrest or in prison for 15 of the last 24 years until her release last November.
The human rights campaigner, who at the weekend accepted a Nobel Peace Prize she won while under house arrest 21 years ago, is visiting Europe for the first time since 1988.
She will fly in from the Norwegian capital of Oslo and will be met by foreign affairs minister Eamon Gilmore at Dublin airport.
Ms Suu Kyi will meet Irish president Michael D Higgins before she attends a special concert in her honour. She will also be conferred with an honorary degree from Trinity College Dublin.
Bono , Sir Bob, musician Damien Rice, the Riverdance ensemble and actress Vanessa Redgrave will be among the leading figures from the world of arts and music celebrating the event.
Hip Hop supremo and Amnesty supporter Lupe Fiasco are among the performers added to the bill.
"I feel honoured to be a part of history in celebrating Aung San Suu Kyi's long and graceful road to freedom," he said.
Ms Suu Kyi begins her visit to the UK on Tuesday, which will include a stay in Oxford, where she once studied.

In 1825, the Haitian government paid the french farmers for slave uprising for the problems we did not or never created, but the slave received nothing to date or reparation, Nigeria state is suffering to date by foreign company explorations of their natural resources by means of slavery, the question now is that, WHY MUST HUMAN BEING PAY TO FREE A PERSON ?

:D

Malfidisdoodoo
BANNED

Post by Malfidisdoodoo » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:14 am

catch_hunter wrote:
samchoopra wrote:
catch_hunter wrote:

My best wishes!

I applied on the basis of 5 years work permit and my application was rejected due to problems with birth certificate. Please visit my responses from past. I hope you will get more information from there.
Is like in September 2010, when i first sent in my application it was sent back to me that, if i don't furnished them with my original copy of my Birth Certificate that, my application will never be processed, unfortunately for me, the previous one i made from Nigeria was stolen by typhoon chasers, and fortunately at the end, my parents are still alive, they went to re-registered my birth just exactly where i was first registered in my home country, bravo they then finally processed it in February 2011, WOW and :lol:

New laws that will force lobbyists to disclose all their contacts with TDs and senior civil servants are included in policy proposals to be published shortly by the Government.

The move is aimed at creating more transparency over Government decision-making.

The proposed new rules will cover all organisations – including charities, professional bodies and commercial lobbyists – who make representations to politicians and civil servants regarding policies or prospective decisions.

For the first time, the move would provide the public with information on contact between lobbyists and the government, as well as the intensity of lobbying over particular issues.

The move comes just months after the Mahon tribunal report into planning corruption, which recommended far greater transparency over the role of lobbyists.

Plans to introduce a statutory register for lobbyists were also included in the programme for government.

Among the policy proposals being considered by the Government include:

A two-year “cooling-off” period for public servants or ministers before they can work in the private sector or any area with a potential conflict of interest with their former area of public employment;

A statutory register of lobbyists that would record the dates of all forms of communications – including emails or phone contact – between lobbyists and office holders or civil servants regarding policies, legislation or prospective decisions;

A sliding scale of sanctions for lobbyists who fail to disclose details of contacts with decision-makers;

A public register with details of contacts to be maintained by an independent body, such as the Standards in Public Office Commission or the Office of the Information Commissioner.

Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform Brendan Howlin is due to publish policy proposals shortly and a major conference is scheduled next month to debate how the system could operate. Under the proposals being drawn up, lobbyists – rather than civil servants or office-holders – would be obliged to provide details of their contacts.

Government sources say the model for the proposed lobbying laws is based mainly on those introduced in Canada, which are considered to be among the most rigorous available.

They point out that free and open access to government should be an important matter of public interest, and that lobbying is a legitimate activity. However, the public should be able to know who is engaged in lobbying activities.

There are likely to be exceptions to the laws in certain circumstances. For example, representatives of foreign governments or EU officials may not need to register their communications with officials.

Similarly, there may be scope for certain lobbyists – such as multinational companies considering expanding or setting up in Ireland – to delay disclosing lobbying details if it is deemed to be commercially sensitive.

Broad definitions of what constitute “lobbying” or a “lobbyist” are being examined to ensure there are no loopholes, as has been the case in other jurisdictions.

Lobbying is likely to encompass any communication regarding legislation, policies or decisions being made by office-holders or senior officials.

Policy proposals are likely to state that those being lobbied may include any office-holder – such as a TD or councillor – senior civil servant or adviser.

The scope of the new proposals, if adopted, would represent major changes for Irish politics.

In the absence of rules or regulations, lobbying has tended to be an informal and hidden activity, with little public knowledge over the extent of access between those seeking to change laws and decision-makers.

The new laws would mean contacts between lobbyists and TDs in Leinster House or constituency clinics will be a matter of public record.

Many former politicians and journalists have become professional lobbyists on the back of their knowledge of the political system and their access to senior politicians.

Some former TDs or ministers who have been involved in lobbying for either private companies or public relations firms include former PD ministers Tom Parlon and Liz O’Donnell and former Fianna Fáil TD Jim Glennon.

The Department of Public Expenditure and Reform held a consultation process recently over options for an effective regulatory system.

Most of the 50-plus submissions were supportive of registration of lobbyists but many said any system should not hinder contact between interest groups and government.

Government sources say they hope legislation will be drawn up over the coming months on foot of the publication of its broad policy proposals.

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:44 am

:lol:
peace on you

Malfidisdoodoo
BANNED

Post by Malfidisdoodoo » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:15 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:
:lol:
As far as we know you, you know how to die very hard. :lol:

Inquiry into Ryanair Aer Lingus stake

Ryanair has been fighting with regulators over the stake since it acquired the shares in August 2005 as part of a takeover bid
Ryanair is facing a full investigation of its 30 per cent stake in Aer Lingus after a regulator in Britain said the holding may lead to higher prices.

Britain's competition commission said yesterday it will investigate the six-year-old minority share deal after it was flagged for review by Britain’s Office of Fair Trading (OFT). The stake gives Ryanair the ability to weaken Aer Lingus as a competitor and stifle investments from other airlines, the OFT said last week.

The Competition Commission will decide by November 29th “whether the acquisition may be expected to result in a substantial lessening of competition in any market” in Britain, the London-based watchdog said in a statement.

Ryanair has been fighting with regulators over the stake since it acquired the shares in 2006 as part of a takeover bid that was ultimately blocked by the European Union. The airlines carry more than 80 per cent of the 370,000 passengers that travel between the UK and Ireland each month, the OFT said.

“We do not believe that this is a sensible or useful expenditure of U.K. taxpayers’ monies or resources,” Ryanair chief executive Michael O’Leary said in a statement last week. The same comment applies today, the company said.

Aer Lingus supports the review, the carrier’s chief executive Christoph Mueller, said in a statement last week.

The UK Court of Appeal ruled June 1st that Ryanair did not have the right to challenge a lower court ruling that the OFT was entitled to seek a full probe from the Competition Commission, which is the UK’s “second-phase” antitrust watchdog.

Ryanair’s Stephen McNamara described the OFT investigation as “yet another bureaucratic waste of UK taxpayers’ funds and resources”.

Bloomberg :P

BANDAR

Post by BANDAR » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:43 pm

...please ban this peice of shite above me NOW !!

starbuck

Post by starbuck » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:01 am

All .. any approvals out ? its been quite for a long time and i believe that there would be around 3500-4000 approvals are to come out .. but i don't see any thing out there. Is it that, the approvals are out and the members are not a part of the forum or just that there are none as of now .. the anxiety and frustration is taking me out ..

thanks
*$

citdep
Newly Registered

Post by citdep » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:39 pm

starbuck wrote:All .. any approvals out ? its been quite for a long time and i believe that there would be around 3500-4000 approvals are to come out .. but i don't see any thing out there. Is it that, the approvals are out and the members are not a part of the forum or just that there are none as of now .. the anxiety and frustration is taking me out ..

thanks
*$

talking about anxiety and frustration, I applied for my spouse in 2008 and still no news. every time I call them they say the appl is in its final state. that is the case for over a year now.

only if I knew what is "the report from outside agency" is that Garda? where is that outside agency that is holding on to that report for such a long time.

once they told us the appls for spouse of Irish Citizen does not take long but experience is telling me otherwise.

anyway good luck to everyone

mvk
Newly Registered

Post by mvk » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:53 am

http://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id= ... -19.1805.0

Tom Fleming (Kerry South, Independent)

Question 492: To ask the Minister for Justice and Equality the number of applications for citizenship applied for in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and to date in 2012; the number granted or refused; the number currently being processed; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [29042/12]

Alan Shatter (Minister, Department of Justice, Equality and Defence; Dublin South, Fine Gael)

I am advised by the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service that in the period 2008 to 2011, approximately 92,000 naturalisation applications were received of which some 56,000 were deemed to be valid. So far this year, 7,800 valid applications have been received. The number of applications approved for the years in question and in 2012 to date was approximately 42,400 with 7,900* being refused over the same period. The number of applications currently being processed to decision stage is 18,000.

The steps I initiated to deal with the backlog of citizenship applications which stood at 22,000 when the Government came into office are proving very successful. I have made decisions on almost on almost 28,000 applications since March 2011, including more than 13,800 so far this year. The backlog has been substantially dealt with and it is expected that significant inroads will be made with the remaining cases by year end. From this month on the generality of new applications being received will be processed within six months.

The Deputy will also be aware that in June 2011 I introduced formal citizenship ceremonies for the first time since the foundation of the State. The ceremonies which are being met with universal approval allow candidates for citizenship make their declaration of fidelity to the Irish nation and loyalty to the State and receive their certificate of naturalisation in a meaningful and dignified manner which befits the importance and solemnity of the occasion. To date, 51 such ceremonies have been held at which almost 15,000 candidates have become Irish citizens under the new procedures. * It should be noted that 4,000 of the applications refused relate to 2009. These applications, which did not meet the statutory criteria, had been lodged by one section of the migrant community on the basis of inaccurate and misleading information circulated within their community regarding their entitlement to Irish citizenship. In the normal course, the refusal rate when compared to the valid application rate is of the order of between 1% and 10%.

moro1

Post by moro1 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:25 pm

mvk wrote:http://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id= ... -19.1805.0

Tom Fleming (Kerry South, Independent)

Question 492: To ask the Minister for Justice and Equality the number of applications for citizenship applied for in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and to date in 2012; the number granted or refused; the number currently being processed; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [29042/12]

Alan Shatter (Minister, Department of Justice, Equality and Defence; Dublin South, Fine Gael)

I am advised by the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service that in the period 2008 to 2011, approximately 92,000 naturalisation applications were received of which some 56,000 were deemed to be valid. So far this year, 7,800 valid applications have been received. The number of applications approved for the years in question and in 2012 to date was approximately 42,400 with 7,900* being refused over the same period. The number of applications currently being processed to decision stage is 18,000.

The steps I initiated to deal with the backlog of citizenship applications which stood at 22,000 when the Government came into office are proving very successful. I have made decisions on almost on almost 28,000 applications since March 2011, including more than 13,800 so far this year. The backlog has been substantially dealt with and it is expected that significant inroads will be made with the remaining cases by year end. From this month on the generality of new applications being received will be processed within six months.

The Deputy will also be aware that in June 2011 I introduced formal citizenship ceremonies for the first time since the foundation of the State. The ceremonies which are being met with universal approval allow candidates for citizenship make their declaration of fidelity to the Irish nation and loyalty to the State and receive their certificate of naturalisation in a meaningful and dignified manner which befits the importance and solemnity of the occasion. To date, 51 such ceremonies have been held at which almost 15,000 candidates have become Irish citizens under the new procedures. * It should be noted that 4,000 of the applications refused relate to 2009. These applications, which did not meet the statutory criteria, had been lodged by one section of the migrant community on the basis of inaccurate and misleading information circulated within their community regarding their entitlement to Irish citizenship. In the normal course, the refusal rate when compared to the valid application rate is of the order of between 1% and 10%.
So to the best of my understanding 56,000 + 7800 Valid application means 63800 in total , with 42400 applications approved and 7900 being refused makes a total of 50300 . This means a number of 13500 is left , which is more likely to be dealt with by the end of this year .
Then only to come applications will be left and the department will starts its 6 months processing time plan ?

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:46 pm

citizenship application process is still slow in ireland.if you loook another country especailly uk,canada,oz,nz etc.ireland only few thousand people applied for citizenship.if you look another country which one i mention above the number of application is 4-8 times more than ireland.even they still deal with citizenship process far quicker than ireland.i dont know why the hell they just move the citizenship processing time link.........

dania

Post by dania » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:36 pm

hello moro 1 as per your calculation even if some 13500 applications are left they cant deal with them until the end of the year because there is only two more ceremonies left in this year. my opinion is that the backlog is far more then this and they r not telling the truth,at this speed of nissan micra they cant pull the weight of an aeroplane,they really have to be more efficient. :idea:
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]

ardee

Post by ardee » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:49 pm

dania wrote:hello moro 1 as per your calculation even if some 13500 applications are left they cant deal with them until the end of the year because there is only two more ceremonies left in this year. my opinion is that the backlog is far more then this and they r not telling the truth,at this speed of nissan micra they cant pull the weight of an aeroplane,they really have to be more efficient. :idea:
How do you know that they are not saying the truth. Have they got anything to lose for saying the truth. Do you work at INIS to know the number outstanding? This is not Africa where Governments are not truthful at all. Remember that the Minister of justice was answering dail questions about outstanding figures vis a vis numbers approved to date. I believe he was being factual and reeling out figures as they are, if not he would have been controverted. Please be patient all will be sorted out as promised.