ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eea2 family permit - self sufficient amount

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Eea2 family permit - self sufficient amount

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:49 pm

Hi
Can anyone who has got eea2 family permit by excercising eu treaty as self sufficient tell me that how much money (saving/balance) he has shown in statement for his/her spouse and own bank account. Any rough idea for that.
Regards

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Eea2 family permit - self sufficient amount

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:13 pm

sheraz7 wrote:Hi
Can anyone who has got eea2 family permit by excercising eu treaty as self sufficient
You mean the EU national is self-sufficient and the Non-EU partner is claiming residence on that basis. There is no fixed amount.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:49 pm

yes it is.

But I just want to know that how much amount an eea national and non-eea national has shown if anyone who has got successfully EEA2 family permit in near past in the category of Self sufficient.
regards.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Eea2 family permit - self sufficient amount

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:32 pm

Lucapooka wrote:There is no fixed amount.

sc2012uk

Post by sc2012uk » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:01 pm

from what i understand your funds to support yourself can be savings or regular incoming amount (or both).

eventhough there is no fixed amount, i doubt they will accept 1000 pounds savings without any extra income...but i do think they would accept if you can show 1000 pounds coming into your account every month (provable by balance sheets history).

if you show savings only, i think 6000/7000 pounds account balance should be ok.

someone correct me if i am wrong please, this is what i gathered from reading posts (i have no official links to back it up).

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:21 pm

Self-sufficiency if not derived from savings (it can be from savings but it's not necessary, and there is no minimum threshold). A person can be self-sufficient in many ways that do not involve an amount of money held in a bank account. In lieu no regular income, having a partner who earns income, and living off that, is a way for an EU national to be self-sufficient. You have to appreciate that the self-sufficiency is with regard to the EU national's situation. All non-EU partner rights stem from the circumstances of the EU national partner.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:46 pm

If there is no fixed amount need for self sufficiency then why in previous posts on this forums many eea2 applicants has been asked to provide 6 months statements.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:53 pm

How do you equate being asked to provide bank statements (full stop) with being required to show a fixed threshold sum? I don't understand.

sc2012uk

Post by sc2012uk » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:02 pm

Methinks "no speciffic amount" does not mean "any amount" (of savings or money coming in) will be accepted so the point is: with what kind of funds-evidence will the ukba not refuse the eea1 application (as self sufficient).

Getting your application refused or sent back for the reason of lacking evidence is extremely frustrating and time consuming, hence the OP's question i guess.

With my previous post i meant that i personally would not try the selfsufficient way if i did not have at least 7000 pounds savings OR proof of regular monthly income (of at least ~1000 pounds). I would love to read input of people who applied this way too.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:24 pm

The amount would depend on the circumstances of the applicant. A single person who owns his flat (no mortgage) could be self sufficient with a much lower amount than a family of five renting in central London.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:02 am

Please don't make multiple posts on the same topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!