ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(m) changes, need info

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jabeer10
Newly Registered

FLR(m) changes, need info

Post by jabeer10 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:12 pm

Hello,

i want to apply for my husband spouse visa in end of july. Can any one please tell me about new changes coming from next month for spouse visa?

thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:07 am

jabeer10
Newly Registered

Post by jabeer10 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:53 pm

thanks Greenie

Greenie can you please answer more 2 questions:

1) i booked my partner appointment in liverpool and we are going in 6th of july, so my partner visa will issue for 2 years or 5?

2) my partner completed masters degree from UK university and he also done Post graduate diploma (level -7) from UK, he have to do any english course or he can apply exemption because of his Masters degree?

patbrry
Newly Registered

Post by patbrry » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:08 am

1) not sure - the date that counts is the date of application - the day you sent off the online form?

2)Yes - a degree from a recognized english university allows exemption from the english test.

clause 1.3 annex A3 of the rules found here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... schapter8/

(when we applied the 'checker' didn't know this, it did take some convincing)

jabeer10
Newly Registered

Post by jabeer10 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:27 am

1) just booked appointment online and not sent any form yet. Will go and submit on 6th July in Liverpool. And rules changing from 9th I think. Any advice