ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax credits on spouse visa

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bobbyash
Newly Registered

Tax credits on spouse visa

Post by bobbyash » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:12 pm

Hi

My wife is on her 2 year spouse visa and we having being claiming wtc in my name as a couple, which we was told we had to do by the hm customs and revenues.

We had a letter saying they are making changed to the immigration rules and I now am no longer entitled to the second adult rebate.

The problem is they are trying to say they have over paid us for the last tax year (from april 11 to april 12).

Is this right? If the changes to the rules have being made from this april they can't say we should pay back last years? As last year the rules allowed the second adult rebate.

Can any one help?

lupol
Newly Registered

Post by lupol » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:35 pm

Hi

I'm in exactly the same situation as you are although they said I do not need to pay back the overpayment. I'm actually worried about this for another reason as I believe that my wife who has the spouse visa wasn't entitled to the 2nd rebate and as a result, received public funds.

Did you ever find out the answer to your question?