ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it ok to ask CW to renew visa to little more than 3 yrs?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tapas_16880

Is it ok to ask CW to renew visa to little more than 3 yrs?

Post by tapas_16880 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:41 am

Hi All,

Just wanted a view on this. If I receive the approval on my PEO (I pray to HIM for this!!), is it ok to tell the CW about my situation that I had entered UK after around 4 months from the date of stamping.. So, if possible can the next expiry date on my renewed visa be a date i.e. 3yrs 4 months calculated so that I do not have to go for another extention and I can apply for ILR?

Cam they do that or it is a compulsion of UKBA to grant only upto 3 yrs (if the original was 2 yrs)??

Just thinking......
Tapas Sarkar,
UK

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:13 am

No, you can't.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: Is it ok to ask CW to renew visa to little more than 3 y

Post by UKBALoveStory » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:14 am

tapas_16880 wrote:Hi All,

Just wanted a view on this. If I receive the approval on my PEO (I pray to HIM for this!!), is it ok to tell the CW about my situation that I had entered UK after around 4 months from the date of stamping.. So, if possible can the next expiry date on my renewed visa be a date i.e. 3yrs 4 months calculated so that I do not have to go for another extention and I can apply for ILR?

Cam they do that or it is a compulsion of UKBA to grant only upto 3 yrs (if the original was 2 yrs)??

Just thinking......
You can do so... I did that but CW smiled n said NO. :) If it is four months n you don't need to travel in near future, go for postal application and delay your biometric to cover this gap.

tapas_16880

Post by tapas_16880 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:20 am

My wife would be travelling to India in July for couple of weeks but I will be here atleast till next Jan...

But why can't they do that? It is just 4 months... :)
Tapas Sarkar,
UK

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:07 am

CW will not grant extra leave... however, I agree with tahirnaveed.... In your situation, postal application will be perfect and do it as late as possible to cover the extra period under Section 3c.

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:18 am

tapas_16880 wrote: But why can't they do that? It is just 4 months... :)
It is not simple as that. In short, twisting rules for individuals are source of much bigger problems as we can see in many parts of the world.

As of my knowledge, the only way you can get 4 months is a delay in your application processing as other members noted. However I wouldnt do that becasue the chances are very slim and a bit a risk is involved.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:24 pm

Period of grant of leave is determined by the immigration rules and not applicant's wishes or CW discretion.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:49 pm

varghesejim wrote:It is not simple as that. In short, twisting rules for individuals are source of much bigger problems as we can see in many parts of the world.
I completely agree. It's way of life here in Brazil. It's called o jeitinho brasileiro and it's the basis of chaos and corruption!

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:30 pm

Lucapooka wrote: I completely agree. It's way of life here in Brazil. It's called o jeitinho brasileiro and it's the basis of chaos and corruption!
Thank you for the term. Same in my country, India. The funniest part is many people are very vocal about the corruption in government and politicians without realizing they themselves are the very source of the problem.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:00 am

Going by the current time-lines, a postal application (posted atleast 28 days prior to date of expiry) will easily give you an excess of 2 months, have seen it happen in friends cases. But 4 months is a bit of a risk !