ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:49 pm

i think they will clear the backlog till next spring.justice minister alan shatter recieved the award from enda kenny more info www.justice.ie www.merrionstreet.ie

dania

Post by dania » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:10 pm

ardee wrote:
dania wrote:hello moro 1 as per your calculation even if some 13500 applications are left they cant deal with them until the end of the year because there is only two more ceremonies left in this year. my opinion is that the backlog is far more then this and they r not telling the truth,at this speed of nissan micra they cant pull the weight of an aeroplane,they really have to be more efficient. :idea:
How do you know that they are not saying the truth. Have they got anything to lose for saying the truth. Do you work at INIS to know the number outstanding? This is not Africa where Governments are not truthful at all. Remember that the Minister of justice was answering dail questions about outstanding figures vis a vis numbers approved to date. I believe he was being factual and reeling out figures as they are, if not he would have been controverted. Please be patient all will be sorted out as promised.
i just read the news about the minister getting award for efficiency so i do really believe there is efficiency but it is not true that all applications will be dealt with before the end of the year it will definetely by next summer time before they clear all the backlog as there is only two ceremonies left in this year as i said before.one in august and in october.
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]

robby1
BANNED

Post by robby1 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:39 am

and one in december you are forgetting it. :)

salem66
Newly Registered

Post by salem66 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:32 am

[quote="mvk"]http://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id= ... -19.1805.0

Tom Fleming (Kerry South, Independent)

Question 492: To ask the Minister for Justice and Equality the number of applications for citizenship applied for in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and to date in 2012; the number granted or refused; the number currently being processed; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [29042/12]

I think Tom Fleming TD should ask the Minister of justice another question “A breakdown of the nationalities of the 18,000 applications currently are being processed to decision stage?”

I do not think the Minister of justice will answer the above question!! Simply, the factual answer is shocking :!:

ardee

Post by ardee » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:14 am

salem66 wrote:
mvk wrote:http://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id= ... -19.1805.0

Question 492: To ask the Minister for Justice and Equality the number of applications for citizenship applied for in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and to date in 2012; the number granted or refused; the number currently being processed; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [29042/12]

I think Tom Fleming TD should ask the Minister of justice another question “A breakdown of the nationalities of the 18,000 applications currently are being processed to decision stage?”

I do not think the Minister of justice will answer the above question!! Simply, the factual answer is shocking :!:

What do you need the nationalties of people who have been granted naturalisation for. Why do you want to bring the issue of race into this. Any one who meets the statutory requirements of naturalisation is being considered irrespective of nationalties. Please do not bring issue of race into this. Remember Equality law.

nissa

Post by nissa » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:35 pm

Big backlog exists i have no hope at all to get any news this year may be next year until march.work is going on the previous years files.average processing time still 24 months.i wouldn't understand how the inis will process new files from June 2012 with in six months time with the backlog from previous years also exists.very complex situation for dept and for applicants also.

BANDAR

Post by BANDAR » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:36 pm

minister justice , ALLEN SHATTER is the best !!

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:40 pm

[quote="BANDAR"]minister justice , ALLEN SHATTER is the best !![/quote] MY dear it a alan shatter

dania

Post by dania » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:49 pm

robby1 wrote:and one in december you are forgetting it. :)
. In December I don't think there is any ceremony ,it will be in January like this year ,so again I will say that it will not be before next summer that the backlog will be clear.
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]

Naija

Post by Naija » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:02 pm

[quote="dania"][quote="robby1"]and one in december you are forgetting it. :)[/quote]. In December I don't think there is any ceremony ,it will be in January like this year ,so again I will say that it will not be before next summer that the backlog will be clear.[/quote]

This year's ceremony was in february,not in January.I thought the same as you that there will be only two ceremonies more this year,one in august and one in october,but I attended the ceremony on 14th of June,where i clearly heard minister say in his speech, that there will be more ceremonies as this over the course of THREE days, not continuously,but apart,meaning there will be another day of ceremonies after october,possibly before holidays,i.e. december.And about the backlog,there is no rule.They have people from 08,09,10 and onwards waiting,while some from '11 have already gotten it with me,so there is really no rule.Godo luck to all those still waiting. :)

nissa

Post by nissa » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:00 pm

please share your views about the refusals from citizenship dept.what is the percentage of refusals and what the refusals letters says.

dania

Post by dania » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:45 pm

Naija wrote:
dania wrote:
robby1 wrote:and one in december you are forgetting it. :)
. In December I don't think there is any ceremony ,it will be in January like this year ,so again I will say that it will not be before next summer that the backlog will be clear.

This year's ceremony was in february,not in January.I thought the same as you that there will be only two ceremonies more this year,one in august and one in october,but I attended the ceremony on 14th of June,where i clearly heard minister say in his speech, that there will be more ceremonies as this over the course of THREE days, not continuously,but apart,meaning there will be another day of ceremonies after october,possibly before holidays,i.e. december.And about the backlog,there is no rule.They have people from 08,09,10 and onwards waiting,while some from '11 have already gotten it with me,so there is really no rule.Godo luck to all those still waiting. :)
thanks for giving information so if there will be three ceremonies with four thosand people each then there is a chance that backlog will be clear :)

salem66
Newly Registered

Post by salem66 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:35 am

ardee wrote:
salem66 wrote:
mvk wrote:http://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id= ... -19.1805.0

What do you need the nationalties of people who have been granted naturalisation for. Why do you want to bring the issue of race into this. Any one who meets the statutory requirements of naturalisation is being considered irrespective of nationalties. Please do not bring issue of race into this. Remember Equality law.
Equality law apply to the Minister of justice and Equality Not to me as I do not processing any application for nationalities :!:

We will see when the backlog cleared who will stay from 2007, 2008 and 2009 applications!!

"It's only when the tide goes out that you learn who's been swimming naked."

The time will tell :!:

samchoopra

Post by samchoopra » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:42 pm

rang to inis inquire about my file which stuck in their 20 months been told file is being processed normally that it, that's all news i have got this time few words like always.rang three months back what i have been told that waiting outside agencies reports.Thanks God they didn't repeat same story this time.so sick of all this.person on phone told me we have big back log from 2008,2009,2010. 2011 files i guess untouched.forget about 2011 this year.
very very very lucky those people who are getting citizenship by this slow and steady system ,i would say these are most lucky people. i have no hope that this system bring any good news for me.wrote few times to inis same letter all the time in due course we will contact u.

dania

Post by dania » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:52 am

samchoopra wrote:rang to inis inquire about my file which stuck in their 20 months been told file is being processed normally that it, that's all news i have got this time few words like always.rang three months back what i have been told that waiting outside agencies reports.Thanks God they didn't repeat same story this time.so sick of all this.person on phone told me we have big back log from 2008,2009,2010. 2011 files i guess untouched.forget about 2011 this year.
very very very lucky those people who are getting citizenship by this slow and steady system ,i would say these are most lucky people. i have no hope that this system bring any good news for me.wrote few times to inis same letter all the time in due course we will contact u.
as the minister said backlog is 13500 people left so if there will be three ceremonies this year with 4000 people each then there is a chance that backlog will be clear.but again this is irish system which is very very slow and backward so only in the future time will tell us that if the minister is telling true or all are lies as usuall. :roll:

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:41 am

1) Any new approvals?

2) If yes, then any invitations to ceremony?

starbuck

Post by starbuck » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:57 pm

alpha_1 wrote:1) Any new approvals?

2) If yes, then any invitations to ceremony?
Looks like the forum is pretty silent of late. I have not heard of any new approvals that had happened of late.

Hope we get some in the coming weeks.

cheers
*$

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:02 pm

this form is very quite..............is anyone else got his/her approval recently? last person in this form (alpha) got his approval few weeks ago ? is anyone ring the citizenship divsion? even inis website dont have processing time details. good luck everybody

Newly Registered

Post by 4000 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:19 pm

still waiting for ceremony date after paying the dues end of March!!!

Malika

What does this mean?

Post by Malika » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:26 am

The forum is quiet these days.......... anyway, out of the blue this morning I received a letter from INIS stating:

'I am now writing to let you know that your application is currently being processed and will be progressed to a final decision as expeditiously as possible. In that regard, the Minister for Justice, Equality and Defence has indicated that it is expected that significant inroads will be made with remaining cases in the naturalisation backlog by year end.'

INIS acknowledged that my application has been pending for a considerable period of time.

Has anyone received such worded letter?
'If you compare yourself to others,you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself'............DESIDERATA

citdep
Newly Registered

Re: What does this mean?

Post by citdep » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:29 am

Malika wrote:The forum is quiet these days.......... anyway, out of the blue this morning I received a letter from INIS stating:

'I am now writing to let you know that your application is currently being processed and will be progressed to a final decision as expeditiously as possible. In that regard, the Minister for Justice, Equality and Defence has indicated that it is expected that significant inroads will be made with remaining cases in the naturalisation backlog by year end.'

INIS acknowledged that my application has been pending for a considerable period of time.

yes we got a similar letter on post this morning too

samchoopra

Post by samchoopra » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:54 pm

Malika wrote:The forum is quiet these days.......... anyway, out of the blue this morning I received a letter from INIS stating:

could you please tell me have you wrote a letter recently to inis to inquire about your file status or inis itself send you this letter.i have wrote an inquiry letter recenltly but i havent got any letter from them yet.i never got such kind of letter from inis.in past few times i have wrote to them an inquiry letter about my application status i got an reply average after 8 weeks some times with a formal letter (we will contact with you in due course)thanks.

Malika

Post by Malika » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:19 pm

samchoopra wrote:

could you please tell me have you wrote a letter recently to inis to inquire about your file status or inis itself send you this letter.i have wrote an inquiry letter recenltly but i havent got any letter from them yet.i never got such kind of letter from inis.in past few times i have wrote to them an inquiry letter about my application status i got an reply average after 8 weeks some times with a formal letter (we will contact with you in due course)thanks.
No I didn't write to them that's why I said it was out of the blue i.e unexpected!
'If you compare yourself to others,you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself'............DESIDERATA

mvk
Newly Registered

Post by mvk » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:26 pm

To the guys that received the letters, Can you tell us when you applied and on what basis please?

citdep
Newly Registered

Post by citdep » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:05 pm

mvk wrote:To the guys that received the letters, Can you tell us when you applied and on what basis please?
My spouse applied in 2008 as a spouse of Irish Citizen. After almost 4 yrs we received this letter.