ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

advice on getting father back to uk

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

toogrown4dat

advice on getting father back to uk

Post by toogrown4dat » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:24 pm

hi guys, let me just get into this any information or advice is much appreciated.

my father was born in jamaica he came over as a child with his mother, he went to school over here and attended college driving license basically he grew up over here, he got married had 3 kids and then divorced. he used to travel back and forth to jamaica with his jamaican passport (i assume its his jamaican passport he never hada british one)
in 2005 he went to jamaica with his passport and was refused entry back to the uk at montego bay airport. he has appealed numerous times and everytime the judge has denied him because he has a jamaica passport. he has all the information he needs to prove he has spent his life over here in the uk medical records work history and childrens birth certificates. so my question is has anybody else been in this situation and what did they do and is there any advice on how we can apply again, like what type of visa would be need to apply for etc

thanks in advance

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:11 pm

Did he ever have indefinite leave to remain in the UK? From what you have stated it seems he may have been living in the UK on visitor immigration status (before that county was given visa national status), in which case there isn't much that can be done.

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:09 am

When was it that he entered uk for the very first time?

(agree with lucapooka)

toogrown4dat

Post by toogrown4dat » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:37 pm

hi ive asked my dad what type of visa it was and this is what he said

i had a IND in my passport indefinate leave to stay but when i renewed my passport i needed to have the passport restamped with the IND. And it was a jamaican passport.

the IND is also called settlement.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:35 pm

But that does not explain why various applications have been refused by the judge. There is insufficient information here to be able to comment or suggest in a meaningful way.

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:46 pm

toogrown4dat wrote:hi ive asked my dad what type of visa it was and this is what he said

i had a IND in my passport indefinate leave to stay but when i renewed my passport i needed to have the passport restamped with the IND. And it was a jamaican passport.

There has never been and there is still not any requirement to transfer "ILR"/"settlement" to a new passport.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:23 pm

When he went back to Jamaica in 2005, how long did he stay there? i.e How long was he away from the UK before he attempted to return and was refused?

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:33 pm

toogrown4dat wrote:hi ive asked my dad what type of visa it was and this is what he said

Perhaps he had the same in his passport? seems odd if he did why no record could not be found. If he was out of the UK for more than 2 years he would have needed to apply for settlement again or could try the exceptional Returning Resident route. Has he applied this way?
pennyless