ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ilr & ESOL citizenship course

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Easy Tiger

Ilr & ESOL citizenship course

Post by Easy Tiger » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:35 pm

Hi , I would like to Know more about indefinate leave to remain application for my wife. My wife was issued a entry clearance visa (spouse visa) in December 2011 and had done ESOL A1 level course.

As her uk spous visa expires in 2014 , can someone tell me if she needs to life in the uk test or ESOL citizenship course as part of her ILR application in 2 years time. Recent new immigration rules comming into effect July 9th 2012 says that u need the following :

from October 2013, requiring all applicants for settlement to pass the Life in the UK Test and present an English language speaking and listening qualification at B1 level or above of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages unless they are exempt;

Does this mean my wife needs to do the life in uk test and b1 level English course to suppport her application when sh applies.

Thank You

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:53 pm

Hi also can someone tell me as my wife is already 6 months into 27 months spouse visa and with the new imigration rules comming on July 09th , can she apply for indefinite leave to remain after her spouse visa expires in 2014 or will have to wait a further 3 years.

My wife already has ESOL a1 level English certificate in speaking and listening which is below entry level 3 I think , so does this mean she will have to do ESOL citizenship courses & b1 level English test or life in the uk.

My wife had her picture & fingerprints taken at the visa Center when she applied and when arriving here at London heathrow but wasnt give. Biomatric permit. Will she need to apply for one now or close 2014.

I would really appreciate an answer to my questions.

Thank You

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:37 pm

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:55 pm

Hi , thanks your help much appreciated. Would my wife still need to apply for biometric permit as well !

Thank You

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:00 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... et%28m%29/

Make sure you check and apply on the form that is current at the time of application.

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:44 pm

Hi , I need some advice in regards to a future Indefinate leave to remain application in 2014. Like I have mentioned in previous post my wife was issued a uk spouse visa in december 2011. I know the new rules that are comming into effect on July 9th about income thresshold and spouse visa being issued for 5 years not the current 2 years do not apply to my wife.

but could my wife still do the esol citizenship courses right now to save time as she already has the city & guilds esol international diploma a1 level which is below entry level 3. Would this acceptable as part of her ilr application in 2014 as her uk spouse visa was issued before July 9th.

What would be best for my wife to do to ready in advance for ilr application in 2014. Should she do the life at the uk test at least.

Thank you

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:51 pm