ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish passort - new applicants

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rayr7501

Irish passort - new applicants

Post by rayr7501 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:01 am

Hello there,
i would like to get previous applicants experiences with passport express.Website relates that passport express guarantees 10 day turn around time..i would like to get other previous applicants views on this...

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:38 am

passport express is best service.their processing time is 10 working days and its cheap compare to counter service in passport office.you have to send them all yours original documents,you can also track your application.their is more details www.passport.ie good luck and congrats

Naija

Re: Irish passort - new applicants

Post by Naija » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:36 am

[quote="rayr7501"]Hello there,
i would like to get previous applicants experiences with passport express.Website relates that passport express guarantees 10 day turn around time..i would like to get other previous applicants views on this...[/quote]

Hi.Im not a previous applicant,but i applied just now.I sent my application off on 15h of June, day after ceremony,and I used passport express service.It cost me 89 euros.So i checked it on website on 18th(as it was weekend before 18th),so it said there my application has been registered and recieved.And so far,status hasnt changed.It does say passport issue date is 29 of this month.So it wont be a 10 day turn around,as i should have already gotten it by 29th back to me.But in my case,im hoping for a 12-14 day turnaround due to huge number of applications for one office.And praying it arrives before my flight. :roll: Good luck to all. :)

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:25 pm

its 10 working day.

rayr7501

Post by rayr7501 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:36 pm

IQU wrote:its 10 working day.
u sure about it? coz anpost website now says 15 day turn around time due to huge application volume...

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:59 pm

its 10 days.............. express post 10 days,public counter 15 days, standard post 4-8 weeks

Naija

Post by Naija » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:59 pm

[quote="IQU"]its 10 days.............. express post 10 days,public counter 15 days, standard post 4-8 weeks[/quote]

IQU, it is 10 days when situation in passport office is normal,but THIS IS NOT NORMAL situation right now,due to 4000 applicants from citizenship ceremony plus any person reneweing their passports that have been irish citizens for long or are irish.It will take more than 10 days now!!

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:28 pm

[quote="Naija"][quote="IQU"]its 10 days.............. express post 10 days,public counter 15 days, standard post 4-8 weeks[/quote]

IQU, it is 10 days when situation in passport office is normal,but THIS IS NOT NORMAL situation right now,due to 4000 applicants from citizenship ceremony plus any person reneweing their passports that have been irish citizens for long or are irish.It will take more than 10 days now!![/quote] i can understand passport office is very busy.but if you look the www.passport.ie processing time is still 10 days.

Irisheddy

Post by Irisheddy » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:23 pm

Passport express is not 100% guaranteed. I remember applying for my last passport. I used passport express because of the guarantee they give regarding time.

I received a reply which i thought was my new passport. Instead it was a letter from an over zealous clerk saying that because i had not submitted my birth certificate, the application was not valid and the guarantee did not apply.

Great except that I wasn't required to produce my birth certificate. That only applies when you are applying for your very first passport- Not when you are renewing it.

I needed it urgently, so i rang the department of Foreign Affairs and asked to speak to the Minister. of course I knew they wouldn't put me directly onto the minister. They put me onto his personal assistant who sorted the matter immediately. i called down to the passport office at 6. that evening and collected my new passport.

BrightonJohn
Newly Registered

Post by BrightonJohn » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:35 am

I posted my passport application to the London Embassy on the 2nd June and this is the latest status on the passport tracking website

Application Number Entered: xxxxxxxxxxx
Status: Application No. xxxxxxxxxxx. Received on 07/06/2012 and has been registered.

Issue Date: 21/06/2012
Website Last Updated: 26/06/2012 at 7:45

I did read that passport applications do take a while between Easter & the end of July- hopefully I won't have to wait too long for it.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:16 pm

[quote="BrightonJohn"]I posted my passport application to the London Embassy on the 2nd June and this is the latest status on the passport tracking website

[i]Application Number Entered: xxxxxxxxxxx
Status: Application No. xxxxxxxxxxx. Received on 07/06/2012 and has been registered.

Issue Date: 21/06/2012
Website Last Updated: 26/06/2012 at 7:45[/i]

I did read that passport applications do take a while between Easter & the end of July- hopefully I won't have to wait too long for it.[/quote] WHAT THATS MEAN they suppose to issue yours passport on 21/06/12 are you still waiting for it ??????did you try to ring them ????????

BrightonJohn
Newly Registered

Post by BrightonJohn » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:53 pm

I assume the issue date is what will be printed on the passport (with the expiry date being ten years later).

As I went through my local embassy, I have been told to expect a longer wait than what you would do applying in Ireland. Hopefully it should be sorted by the end of July.

http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=83452 explains in detail the stages of the application. They mention it can stay on the 'registered' status for a while

rayr7501

Post by rayr7501 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:06 pm

Naija wrote:
IQU wrote:its 10 days.............. express post 10 days,public counter 15 days, standard post 4-8 weeks
IQU, it is 10 days when situation in passport office is normal,but THIS IS NOT NORMAL situation right now,due to 4000 applicants from citizenship ceremony plus any person reneweing their passports that have been irish citizens for long or are irish.It will take more than 10 days now!!
thanks guys...but now i note that they took away the notice regarding the 15 day waiting period on AN POST website....still wanna find out if anybody had their passport issued within 10 days through passport express recently?
i am planning to travel shortly and worst is that they requested the original of my native country`s passport to go with application( i am first time applicant for Irish passport).....so bottom line either call them and ask to be returned all my docs prior to my travel irrespective of them issuing me with an irish passport or else see my T.D and get him/her to have a chat with passport office and expedite the whole process....

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:25 pm

we had a similar situation just with a child's irish passport. we submitted an application by passport express. however, they required additional documents. In the end, my husband chose to drive from Dublin to Balbriggan due to our travel arrangements and show them the documents they needed, and the passport was issued the same day (that's after we received a letter some days later requesting additional documents).
so if in doubt, contact the passport office.

Irisheddy

Passport Express

Post by Irisheddy » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:30 pm

Passport express is a joke. The whole purpose of paying the premium is that you are supposed to get the guarantee. If you don't get the guarantee then what's the point.

And Rayr, don't bother with your TD. Why not cut out the middleman! Just do what I did and ring the Minister of Foreign Affairs private Office directly (i.e. It is Eamonn Gilmore now) They have telephone numbers in the telephone directory or on his web site for that specific purpose.

Unless of course you know your TD very well, but you will still get the same result.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:03 pm

i think you should send them email ?

rayr7501

Post by rayr7501 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:16 pm

Naija wrote:
rayr7501 wrote:Hello there,
i would like to get previous applicants experiences with passport express.Website relates that passport express guarantees 10 day turn around time..i would like to get other previous applicants views on this...

Hi.Im not a previous applicant,but i applied just now.I sent my application off on 15h of June, day after ceremony,and I used passport express service.It cost me 89 euros.So i checked it on website on 18th(as it was weekend before 18th),so it said there my application has been registered and recieved.And so far,status hasnt changed.It does say passport issue date is 29 of this month.So it wont be a 10 day turn around,as i should have already gotten it by 29th back to me.But in my case,im hoping for a 12-14 day turnaround due to huge number of applications for one office.And praying it arrives before my flight. :roll: Good luck to all. :)
Hi Naija,
Did u get ur passport yet? Any update yet?

Irisheddy

Son

Post by Irisheddy » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:22 pm

I heard of someone who needed a passport urgently for his son. he rang up today and was told that Monday was the earliest he could get it.

he was happy enough with that because they have a back log

Naija

Post by Naija » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:36 pm

Hi Naija,
Did u get ur passport yet? Any update yet?[/quote]

Hey,i didn't get it yet,but my application status on passport website changed so qucikly.This morning it was being checked,so i thought it might come to me next week,but this evening when i checked again after 18:45 update,it was already posted to me,so i should have it back by monday or tuesday.So they were right and correct concerning my own application,i mean the date they wrote on website. It means once they start checking your application,it is all done in same day,printed and posted back to you.So hope for yours very soon. :D When exactly did you send your own application?And good luck. :)

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:25 am

my son got his passport this morning.passport express it take 12 working day which is not to bad.but i send them 2 time emails.they replied within hours. good service.................

rayr7501

Post by rayr7501 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:48 am

IQU wrote:my son got his passport this morning.passport express it take 12 working day which is not to bad.but i send them 2 time emails.they replied within hours. good service.................
Hi IQU, was your son a first time applicant?did u check the status on passport.ie website and did it reflect accurate status during the processing of the application?i am bit concerned coz i have to travel in 10 days time and my passport is still in the checking process after 9 working days...according to website they say it should be issued on 02nd ofJjuly....i hope i get all my documents prior to my scheduled travel...thanks for your reply...

rayr7501

Post by rayr7501 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:52 am

Naija wrote:Hi Naija,
Did u get ur passport yet? Any update yet?

Hey,i didn't get it yet,but my application status on passport website changed so qucikly.This morning it was being checked,so i thought it might come to me next week,but this evening when i checked again after 18:45 update,it was already posted to me,so i should have it back by monday or tuesday.So they were right and correct concerning my own application,i mean the date they wrote on website. It means once they start checking your application,it is all done in same day,printed and posted back to you.So hope for yours very soon. :D When exactly did you send your own application?And good luck. :)[/quote]

Hi.Thanks for sharing your experience.I applied through passport express on Tues 19th June and anticipated date of issue according to website is supposedly on the 2nd of July...i just checked my status and it shows that they are checking my documents....

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:23 am

yes my son is 1st time applicant.they change in website last day being checked,ischecked,passport is printed,passport is post .

Jaja4me2
Newly Registered

Post by Jaja4me2 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:01 pm

I applied on the 18th of June, and was given Issue date 29/06/12. The status of my application is on 'BEING CHECKED' as of today, so i don't think there are delivering their so called 10 working days promise. Does anyone in the forum has the same experience as i do? Please share your experience.

Naija

Post by Naija » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:52 pm

Hi.Thanks for sharing your experience.I applied through passport express on Tues 19th June and anticipated date of issue according to website is supposedly on the 2nd of July...i just checked my status and it shows that they are checking my documents....[/quote]

No problem at all.I got it now,as i applied on 15ht June,day after ceremony,so they registered it on 18th (as 16th and 17th were weekend).For me it is around 12 day turnaround time.Then you can expect your passport to be sent back to you on that day,so you might recieve it around 4th of july.Your status probably will not change in same day as mine,as it is weekend,but due to my experience,i am confident you will get it by middle of next week,in time for your trip.We are travelling at same time. :) Good luck. :)