ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA passport return requested but still waiting!!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

spike_UK

EEA passport return requested but still waiting!!!

Post by spike_UK » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:01 pm

Hi guys, please I need your help.

Im flying to Tunisia on 27/06/2012 with my EEA wife, I (non EEA) have received my passport back but after making 4 times request(almost 1 month) for my wife(EEA national) passport back, still haven't received it and every time I ring they make a new request!!!
Today the lady told me this is urgent and she will email the managers even.
She also told me if I wish to complain, she gave me the email address.
I don't know what to do, please what are your suggestions? I need help.
Thank you in advance.
Last edited by spike_UK on Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:43 pm

She should complain and call every day to check the status until they tell her it was sent out.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:09 pm

Jambo wrote:She should complain and call every day to check the status until they tell her it was sent out.
Thanks Jambo, should we complain, will it affect my EEA4(PR)? Do you have any idea why they haven't return it, is it because they might finish my case and send all documents together?
Do you have the email for complaining? she gave me one but I forgot to write it down, I think it was, customercomplains@ukba.sgi.gov.uk
Is this email correct? thanks
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:17 am

See making a complaint.

It will not affect your application. I have no idea why they did not return her passport. I suspect it has nothing to do with your application and probably to do with workload / chaos in Liverpool.

UKBACustomerComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk is the general complaints email. I would also complain to NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (North-West Customer Service Unit). Explain the urgency in your case.

Your wife should keep calling them every day to check on an update.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:56 pm

Jambo wrote:See making a complaint.

It will not affect your application. I have no idea why they did not return her passport. I suspect it has nothing to do with your application and probably to do with workload / chaos in Liverpool.

UKBACustomerComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk is the general complaints email. I would also complain to NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (North-West Customer Service Unit). Explain the urgency in your case.

Your wife should keep calling them every day to check on an update.
Hi mate, I still haven't received my wifes passport!!! we think they have lost it, they don't even say it's been despatched!! what is the worst case scinario?
If we dont get it by Monday or Tuesday then we will lose our Holiday to Tunisia as My wife EEA cant fly by only ID, she needs her passport.
What do we have to do?!!!
Can we sue(compensations) them? my application is less than 6 months,,, only 4 months.
Thanks in advance.
PR dated 05/03/2013

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:18 pm

Hi guys, if I don't get passport back by Monday, I'm planing to drive to Liverpool to UKBA to ask for my passport.
Is it possible to get the passport in UKBA in hand? thats my last atempt.
Plz advice guys, many thanks.
PR dated 05/03/2013

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:50 am

Jambo wrote:She should complain and call every day to check the status until they tell her it was sent out.
I agree that calling every day is a good idea.

Complaining a lot is never grounds for refusing any EEA free movement law application.

I think driving to Liverpool will waste your time, but if you have time and interest to do it it might be fun. Let us know how it goes if you do! Remember to be very patient and repeat your story carefully to everyone you talk with

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:50 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
I agree that calling every day is a good idea.

Complaining a lot is never grounds for refusing any EEA free movement law application.

I think driving to Liverpool will waste your time, but if you have time and interest to do it it might be fun. Let us know how it goes if you do! Remember to be very patient and repeat your story carefully to everyone you talk with
Thanks for your reply.
So you think going to liverpool UKBA will not help(they will not give me the passport).
To be honest, I dont have time as I have to work(either have day off unpaid or take holiday, which i lose 1 day of my holiday) plus its about 100 miles far so at least 40 pound petrol cost.
If i'm 100% not sure that I can collect the passport, I wouldnt go.
Can you tell me, if i dont get passport by Tuesday and we lose our holiday of Wednesday(not going without passport), can we sue them? can we get a compensation at least? how is the procedure?
Many thanks.
PR dated 05/03/2013

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:56 pm

Keep calling for now. Think about that stuff a week from now. (Though I really do not know if you would find success, as they are not outside the legal requirements yet)

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:08 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Keep calling for now. Think about that stuff a week from now. (Though I really do not know if you would find success, as they are not outside the legal requirements yet)
I do call but they only put new request on system and that is not helping!!!
By the rules shouldn't they return passports in 5 working days?!!!doesn't matter less than 6 months.
Thanks for reply.
PR dated 05/03/2013

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:32 pm

Their service target is 5 working days. There is no legal requirement behind it. I'm not a lawyer but I guess you can prove that you have made any reasonable attempt to obtain the passport and it's the faults of the HO that caused this issue and hence you can demand compensation.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:08 pm

Jambo wrote:Their service target is 5 working days. There is no legal requirement behind it. I'm not a lawyer but I guess you can prove that you have made any reasonable attempt to obtain the passport and it's the faults of the HO that caused this issue and hence you can demand compensation.
Thanks Jambo,
Im flying back to UK tomorrow Saturday and will ring again on Monday but it's pointless as every day I and my solicitor ring HO they only make new request and they say nothing they can do!!!
Do you think I can go to Liverpool and collect the passport(if they still have it).
I'm so anoyed and nothing i can do!!!!
I'm about to lose my holiday which we were excited about and been waiting for it last 4 months....... any idea what I should do??? now my wife even blaming me for losing her passport and our holiday becaused I applied for PR(but she is a nice person though ;))
Thanks for reply.
PR dated 05/03/2013

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:31 pm

I don't think going to Liverpool would help.

It seems they can't locate your wife's passport. I don't think the request is not getting passed to the team. They just cant find it and won't admit to that. The HO is getting tens of thousands of EEA applications a year and I would imagine some of those are getting lost and your wife might be one of the unlucky ones. The HO might still locate the passport but you should be prepared for the worst.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:11 am

Jambo wrote:I don't think going to Liverpool would help.

It seems they can't locate your wife's passport. I don't think the request is not getting passed to the team. They just cant find it and won't admit to that. The HO is getting tens of thousands of EEA applications a year and I would imagine some of those are getting lost and your wife might be one of the unlucky ones. The HO might still locate the passport but you should be prepared for the worst.
I guess you are right and my wife might be one of this victims, I'm not giving up and i will still ring Monday and Tuesday but worst case scinario is that they have lost it so,,,,we lose our best holiday which we were excited about plus passport plus all these stress!!!!! what can we do and will we get in returns? im talking about compensations but still will not help the way my wife feels( really angry).
Thanks mate.
PR dated 05/03/2013

presido007

Post by presido007 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:49 pm

spike_UK wrote:

I guess you are right and my wife might be one of this victims, I'm not giving up and i will still ring Monday and Tuesday but worst case scinario is that they have lost it so,,,,we lose our best holiday which we were excited about plus passport plus all these stress!!!!! what can we do and will we get in returns? im talking about compensations but still will not help the way my wife feels( really angry).
Thanks mate.
I understand how your wife will be feeling right now, most especially if it is a long awaited and cherished holiday, there is nothing you can do than keep on calling the HO. Jambo knows about my own case, is been more than three months we applied for both eea3 and eea4, no CoA, no PR for eea3 or any update from HO. is been three weeks now we have requested for my wife's passport back, each time we call, HO will make a fresh request and tell us we will get the passport in 5 days. at this point, I have given up of calling them because, it appears not to make any difference with there decision to send your passport back or not.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:02 am

presido007 wrote:
spike_UK wrote:

Thanks mate.
I understand how your wife will be feeling right now, most especially if it is a long awaited and cherished holiday, there is nothing you can do than keep on calling the HO. Jambo knows about my own case, is been more than three months we applied for both eea3 and eea4, no CoA, no PR for eea3 or any update from HO. is been three weeks now we have requested for my wife's passport back, each time we call, HO will make a fresh request and tell us we will get the passport in 5 days. at this point, I have given up of calling them because, it appears not to make any difference with there decision to send your passport back or not.
Thanks presido007, I'm just back home from Poland with my wife, after all these stress and time waiting and phone calls and complaints,,,, which HO was saying we are making requests but the passport is not despatched yet or any news at all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we opened the door, there is a pile of letters and 1 of them was my wife's passport dated 14/06/2012, when I rung even Friday 22/06/2012 they still said,,,,a new request!! they didn't know its already despatched( as I left home on Thursday 14/06/2012 so I didnt know about it).
I would say dont give up and make complain after complain and they will return it to you, if you still need it).
Now we are relieved and can happily go on holiday ;)
Thanks to Jambo, Director and all of you guys for your help,,,,,,,
PR dated 05/03/2013

presido007

Post by presido007 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:20 am

spike_UK wrote:
presido007 wrote:
spike_UK wrote:

Thanks mate.
Thanks presido007, I'm just back home from Poland with my wife, after all these stress and time waiting and phone calls and complaints,,,, which HO was saying we are making requests but the passport is not despatched yet or any news at all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we opened the door, there is a pile of letters and 1 of them was my wife's passport dated 14/06/2012, when I rung even Friday 22/06/2012 they still said,,,,a new request!! they didn't know its already despatched( as I left home on Thursday 14/06/2012 so I didnt know about it).
I would say dont give up and make complain after complain and they will return it to you, if you still need it).
That is goodnews, at least you can now have your long awaited holiday. As for me, I will just keep waiting, and hope that HO will be responsive someday.

Bing

Post by Bing » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:29 pm

Hooray!!!! Great news! Hope you will have a nice time!
spike_UK wrote:
presido007 wrote:
spike_UK wrote:

Thanks mate.