ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IS HSMP scheme and PR ending?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:22 pm

--------
Last edited by paramjit2k on Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

Pam Aujla

manindergill

Post by manindergill » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:35 pm

Dear Friend,

No body is in a intention to discourage you from coming. As I mentioned earlier, you come, have a decent job here etc. etc. One must have oversears exposure. But don't keep this as a final option. In the mean time prepare for some back up alternate plan as well as the fast you are getting decisions from HO , HO is that fast in changing its regulations as well.

I never mentioned street lights etc., definately mentioned bad health of infratructure already in heavy pressure. Thats true, once you are in a country and paying hefty taxes you have the right to know where is your money going, Are you getting the basic benefits you owe ?
Just to let u know, i sent my app on 7th Sep, when rules got changed, and i had really bad time, my whole preparation went into vain...It was tiring job as collecting docs again as per new rules...But see if i want to cum then i have to do it..otherwise i can just start posting..I am worried and i m not happy...
Bad has been done to you as well, Its not only us, but realise the bad done to people already settled here with family and will have to go to back. I know how difficult it is to collect documents and all preparation going into vain. No body is discouraging yours/anybody's reaching here. Please be encouraged to come here and see this part of the world.

Please Cheer up, Even I am not worried as I may/may not get ILR but started looking for other options. So, please don't get worried. This is not end of world.

paramjit2k

Re: hi

Post by paramjit2k » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:13 am

-----
Regards,

Pam Aujla

manindergill

Post by manindergill » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:26 am

FYI : I never mentioned Street Lights etc. Tubes in London are underground metros/railways :) and yes whatever I mentioned is true. Infrastructure is under heavy pressure and is of not of Class A Country Standards for ex: in US, Japan, Sweden, Singapore. No tubes in other parts of UK (Birmingham, Cambridge etc.) which are under heavy commution pressures ? Am I getting the benefits of heavy Income Tax I am paying ? Roads are extreme narrow , Is this not correct ? Filled with parked cars on left and car side, 2 cars can't cross a road at the same time ?

Again mentioning, before any member over here discourages or encourages anybody, HO has itself discouraged new applicants from coming / existing ones to go. It is clearly evident from the past 1 year HO negative decisions. It is discouraging ones on 1+3 year extension to not get another 1 year extension and again forcing ones ready for ILR to leave.
It is also discouraging new applicants with a need to extension on basis of 75 points when ones age wil be increased by 2 years , and HO can change rules of extension any time :) as HO has clearly mentioned in its guidance for New Applicants / FLR guidance booklet that it has the power and can change the extension rules in the future as well even for applicants who came on old rules.
Will any Highly Skilled Applicant earning high in any part of world will like to come and prove himself here in these extreme uncertain scenarios ?

People have already catched this signal, but if you want to close your eyes and wants to discuss, read and hear only +ve, the other discussion threads are open to answer the most trivial and repeated HSMP Application queries. Just don't even come and read the -ves over here :lol:

sjgul

Post by sjgul » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:45 am

I agree with you ManinderGill,

Certainly a alternate / backup plan is required now.

Junior0300

Post by Junior0300 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:51 am

my frnds lawyer knew it in June as lawyer receive updates from homeoffice
Well we all knew it! The command paper with executive summary was released in June. The 7/11 changes were ditto of those changes mentioned earlier. However, HO announced to implement these changes retrospectively (which was a bit surprise).

HO has tried to make this system a bit easier than it was and expect more immigrants in the years to come, these changes were made to thrive the skilled immigration. On the other hand, these rules have affected some of the existing HSMPers who are almost ready to challenge HO in few days time.

Retrospective change is a blunder of few policy makers and ministers which cannot put a question mark on our careers.

rg1
Member of Standing

Post by rg1 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:03 pm

I too agree with ManinderGill.

A person with a family, will face immense difficulty if immigration rules are changed! Just imagine how do you feel if you kid can't go to colleage because of overseas student fee!

UK is getting demoted from class 1 country status everyday.

Commuting in London is no way better than commuting in any large Indian/Chinese (or even Japanese) cities. London is horribly expensive and living in London is no longer considered luxury (rather a torture).

Living in most other parts of UK is still very good. But the cost of living is sky rocketing.

TV license is a joke, calls to UK mobile from UK is more expensive than calling a mobile in India from UK (unbelievable but true), car insurance is robbery, kids education (if in university or in private school) is "luxury", council tax is bombshells, house price ludicrous and the story goes on.

After all, we all came here for money and high quality of life. For bachelors, they can still save lot of money but for people having family and single income it becomes difficult to make both ends meet.

And don't assume that native British people are living happily either! Majority (I didn't say all) of British people earn much less than HSMP/WP holders and are more cash crunched than us! Not everyone is on benefit and many people are still re-paying last year's Xmas debt.

PS: forgot to mention the dire medical status in UK. It's now WORSE than developing countries. At least in India, I can go to any good doctor without paying a fortune. Here I simply can't and entirely dependent on NHS's mercy - which makes people wait months for critical illness.

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:02 pm

--------
Regards,

Pam Aujla

alientrader

Post by alientrader » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:24 pm

hi paramjit,

i am here cause i want to accumulate as much money as possible then leave for the united states...i want to leech off the UK as much as i can.

ajani

Post by ajani » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:06 pm

Hello Paramjit,
Please issue advise only when you are sure of the issue under discussion so as not to mislead others. You seem to post messages under every heading. Some of them very misleading. At the rate you are going, you will soon be appointed the UK immigration Minister. :D

manindergill

Post by manindergill » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:55 pm

I had a job offer prior to coming here due to my prior UK experience and my employer asked me to get HSMP as he didn't wanted to get into complexities of labour test and WP.
If I would have known such drastic changes could be made to system in a retrospective manner, I would have never came as I had already spanned some 3-4 International destinations and was not desperate enough only to just move out of country, Whatever happen next will be seen later.

Some of my friends even rejected their H1B stampings to come here in a attraction for ILR after 4 years, All repenting their decision now and calling US consultants again to go to US :). US is damn cheap, For salaries in IT; sky is the limit.

If one is a Genuine Highly Skilled Applicant, today or tomorrow, one will get a life time opportunity to move overseas or get a very high paid job in own native country itself. I also believe to a certain extent that most of genuine highly skilled candidates get the overseas exposure and overseas placements from their companies itself instead of being overly desperate and may be even making immigration URLs such as these as their home pages. :lol:

Does big consultancies over here in UK and US don't hire IIM graduates at even £75K + which is in an unimaginable salary even for Brisith Nationals. This time IIT graduates getting record huge overseas placements.

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:14 pm

How easy it is to get H1B nowadays?

Can IT professionals get job easily in US with H1B sponsorship?

manindergill

Post by manindergill » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:27 pm

Getting H1B is not a problem after you get the right consultant and right deal with him as most of them are body-shoppers trying to maximise their profits. It is consultant duty then to get the H1B for you through his lawyers.

On the contrary, US is welcoming highly skilled applicants with increasing the quota now. :)

But even if you don't get the best deal but get a consultant who files a H1B for you, you can get it transferred to another consultant at the best possbile deal after reaching and working there for 3 months. Try negotiating a % share deal with consultants for ex:- 70-30 or 75-25, Some who are GURUS even get 80-20 for the hourly rate. Try posting your CV on dice.com and you may get a call from some US consultant to UK.

Getting job and work :- There is hue and cry in almost every location :- Silicon Valley, New York, New Jersey, etc. etc. and in almost every technologies. Even low skilled technologies like Java Scripting etc are in huge demand :) , but -ves also there in US as well, definately more +ve than -ve.

One should study all aspects +ve and -ve and what suits best to a person.

paramjit2k

-

Post by paramjit2k » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:03 am

-----
Last edited by paramjit2k on Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

Pam Aujla

sjgul

Post by sjgul » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:10 am

ajani wrote: At the rate you are going, you will soon be appointed the UK immigration Minister. :D
The rate is amazing , 420 posts in just 3 months, 140 posts per month , approx. 5 posts per day; Seems this URL to be the Home Page with a very dear refreshing rate :lol: , Most of the posts meaningless and just there only with a desire to post.
paramjit2k wrote: If i m here to advise only, u people shud not be posting messages other then HSMP...
Everybody posting messages under HSMP only, you don't even have complete phase01 knowledge and trying to interfere in issues related to phase10. This forum is for initial, FLR, ILR, citizenship ; all sort of applicants. Everybody expressing their views under various topics pertaining to them. You seem to post in almost every topic irrespective of your understanding, knowledge of the issue. If this post would have been junk / not relevant to HSMP , The moderators have themselves warned , locked it.

As far as the advise being given by you is considered, I remember a old Hindi/URDU saying:-

NEEM HAKIM KHATRA-E-JAAN
MEANS
DOCTOR WHICH HAS INCOMPLETE KNOWLEDGE IS DANGEROUS TO LIFE, SHOULD BE AVOIDED
:lol:

paramjit2k

Hi

Post by paramjit2k » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:25 am

-------
Last edited by paramjit2k on Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

Pam Aujla

rg1
Member of Standing

Post by rg1 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:38 am

If those r real problems u r facing then Leave the country...
I already explained, moving with family after spending several years here is easier said than done!

And I am already invested money here planning for long term life - if I go back now, it will be a huge loss for me.

All I did it for promise of ILR after 4 years. But now HO made everything so uncertain it is very difficult to plan anything in life.

Of course, if I face the problems after getting ILR then it is up to me to stay or leave. However, now HO is playing havoc with people's lives! That's what I feel unfair - a promise given by government must be kept!

kishorebhosale
Newly Registered

Post by kishorebhosale » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:07 am

Aawaj band karo re tum log....
dimag ki dahi ho reli hai...

sjgul

Re: Hi

Post by sjgul » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:07 am

paramjit2k wrote: I have wroked in US, UK, Germany as part of my job tours, Spent 2 years outside only. So dont think i have not seen this part of world. Thats why i was surprised to see, what u people r posting. My elder bro is British citizen. Think twice before explaining what things r bad and what r not.
Looks complete lies looking at the immaturity of all those posts. :D
paramjit2k wrote: This is my last post to this particular thread, whatever u post aginst me, that s ur choice.
Thanks a Lot for pardoning us. :lol:

HadiHasan

Post by HadiHasan » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:14 am

Hi guyz
paa param jeee koool down.........take it easy :wink:
Regards
:wink:

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:20 am

kishorebhosale wrote:Aawaj band karo re tum log....
dimag ki dahi ho reli hai...
He he he he good one :))
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.

naveen_nagesh
Newly Registered

Post by naveen_nagesh » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:31 am

With due respect to all the members, this is one funny thread. Its good to come across such "entertaining" threads after going through lot of serious posts.

But i agree with what Mr.Maninder has said, its important to closely look at the -ves more than +ves before going out for a new venture. U might hv 99 great things abt UK but 1 crazy decision from HO, will negate all of them.

Whatever it is, after seeing all this, I more and more eager to face the dangers posed by HO :lol: , and thank god am still a Bachelor.

I am going ahead and filing my HSMP papers anyway. :wink:

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:02 pm

manindergill / anyone ,

are you guyz aware of any consultants in UK who can apply for US H1B .
if so could you plz IM me.
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---

manindergill

Post by manindergill » Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:42 pm

Itsme,

I am not aware of any consultants in UK filing for US H1B. But definately I know consultants in US, For 1st contact of confidential references, they file H1B free of charge else they take a guarantee amount of $ 1500 for H1B filing returnable on reaching US and joining them. It takes a consultant an amount of $3000+ for H1B filing and if the applicant change their mood, it is a loss for consultant. Another option is for registring on some H1B URL's and now a days consultants are calling heavily.

If you are intrested, PM me your CV and I will forward your CV to my consultant.
FYI: I have already started my H1B filing for April, 2007 and filed Australian PR. This country is too risky to stay and too costly to stay. Numbers of years invested over here are not worth. This country is a Financial Hub, not general IT hub.
As compared to Australia, I still think going to US, India are much better options as the number of jobs and salaries are soaring in those regions and cost of living is too less.

Rest is one's own personal choice.