ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Tragedies - Please Help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

malikirfan
Newly Registered

Family Tragedies - Please Help

Post by malikirfan » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:05 pm

Dear All,

I got Tier 1 visa on 17 Aug 2010. I landed in UK on 12 Sep 2010. After few months I got the news of my mother's bad health and I came back to my home country on 20 Dec 2010 to look after my mother. My intention was to go back after couple of months.

I started taking care of my mother. Couple of months later, when I was planning to go back to UK, my father was diagnosed with cancer. I stayed with him and tried every possible treatment but he expired on 1 Dec 2011.

After my father's death, I tried going back to UK but my mom wasn't well. Last week she also expired.

Now i want to go back to UK but my visa is expiring on 17 Aug 2012. How can I go back? Do I have any option? Where to go? Whom to talk to? I really need to go back.

Please reply...

Looking forward...

Regards,

WRS

Post by WRS » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:42 pm

Sad to hear what you have been through.

Regarding your entry, you can enter UK until the validity of your visa; however you need to apply for your extension of visa from inside UK provided you fulfil the requirements. Do you have any overseas earnings? You can claim earnings points from overseas without any uplift ratio.

malikirfan
Newly Registered

Post by malikirfan » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:44 pm

WRS wrote:Sad to hear what you have been through.

Regarding your entry, you can enter UK until the validity of your visa; however you need to apply for your extension of visa from inside UK provided you fulfil the requirements. Do you have any overseas earnings? You can claim earnings points from overseas without any uplift ratio.
yes i have been working while being with my parents during this period however that earning is less than required earning in UK£. if uplift is applied its way higher than required.

what can i do? would they listen to my sad situation and show some leniency?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:50 pm

1. The concept of uplift ratio no longer exists.
2. Unfortunately, no.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

malikirfan
Newly Registered

Post by malikirfan » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:53 pm

sushdmehta wrote:1. The concept of uplift ratio no longer exists.
2. Unfortunately, no.
what if i had earned required amount? what would be the procedure then?

ups

Post by ups » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:04 pm

malikirfan wrote: what if i had earned required amount? what would be the procedure then?
You would have to be inside the UK and apply for an extension as normal - as suggested by WRS above.

malikirfan
Newly Registered

Post by malikirfan » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:13 pm

ups wrote:
malikirfan wrote: what if i had earned required amount? what would be the procedure then?
You would have to be inside the UK and apply for an extension as normal - as suggested by WRS above.
i can go back and apply. earnings amount is going to be the only thing i need to consider?

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:49 pm

malikirfan wrote:
ups wrote:
i can go back and apply. earnings amount is going to be the only thing i need to consider?
YES

ups

Post by ups » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:02 pm

malikirfan wrote: i can go back and apply. earnings amount is going to be the only thing i need to consider?
Use the online points calculator to see where you stand with the new earnings (no uplift). You also need to show 3 months maintenance funds.