ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding Tier 1 extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aquarian24
Newly Registered

Regarding Tier 1 extension

Post by aquarian24 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:59 pm

Hi ,
I'm due to renew my Tier 1(General ) visa in March 2013(applied under PBS).
I am on maternity leave from March 2012 - Sept 30th 2012.
I would be showing my earnings(salary from my employer) for the period prior to maternity leave and post the leave but it falls short of 10,000 pounds.
To compensate for this 10,000 pounds , can I show my earnings acquired as dividends from my husband's Ltd company ?(and this would be for the same period that I was earning salary from my employer Oct 2011 - Dec 2011).
If this is allowed I can compensate for the 10,000 pounds and acquire the required points under the Earnings category in the Points based calculator.
If anyone can confirm the above it would be great.
Thanks .

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:01 am

Acquired by who- you or your husband?
Were these dividends paid to you as a shareholder of your husband's company?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:04 am

Going by the assumption you are also a director with a shareholding in your husband's company.

This is a bit of grey area.

As per the policy guidelines, one set of documents you can show to claim earnings are, if you are employed as a director with shareholding in a company, and are involved in day-to-day management of the company, one set of docs (one each from two different sources) you can show,

1. payslips + dividend vouchers
2. personal bank statements.

In theory, whether or not you generate profits, you are eligible for you share of dividends based on your share-holding. But I am not sure if the home office will verify if you have contributed towards profit generation for the company.