ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mentally tortured plus passport damaged/destroyed

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

unknown

Mentally tortured plus passport damaged/destroyed

Post by unknown » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:30 pm

hello there

I am looking for some help regarding this domestic abuse/mental torture ..the details are as follows:

its a typical case of using girl for sex/making love and then abondon like an unwanted item!!

A pakistani girl got married to a british national settled in UK. This girl got EC for 27 months and came to UK. at firtst everything was going well untill the husband 's family took the girl to Pakistan for attending a funeral after 8 months. while in Pakistan the girl was mentally abused and tortured and husband left her in Pakistan while taking her passport and damaged it badly.. the boy side has no contact with the girl side since then. the spouse visa is valid until feb 2013 but she got damaged passport with no visa page. the girl wants to come UK to make things better but she cant find a help as yet. if anybody got a clue of such situation then plzz advice coz its too depressing for the girl.
is there any way she could come back UK to make things for herself??? In asian countries a divorced girl is less respected and classed as B GRADE...please guys help...and sorry for this long post!!

thanking you in advance!!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:39 pm

If the marriage is no longer subsisting and without the continued sponsorship of her husband, she would no longer qualify for residence as a spouse. Even if the passport/visa page hadn't been damaged, if the husband has notified the Home Office that he is no longer with his wife, there would be a high chance that she would be refused entry on her arrival back in the UK.
When you say 'make things better', what is her intention? To attempt to reconcile with her husband, or make a life for herself on her own in the UK?
If this had taken place while she was still in the UK and she had evidence (police or doctor's report etc) she may have been able to apply for a DVL visa to remain as a victim of domestic violence. This wouldn't be possible from Pakistan.

unknown

Post by unknown » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:34 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply casa. I have already told them whats the current situation but the girl wants to reconcile. her husband was happy untill they left for pakistan . both girl n boy r first cousins n the marriage was of according to mutual consent. I dnt know if the husband informed HO yet or not . the girls family just do not want to break the marriage. is there a way if she could make a new passport and get a replacement visa stamp on that to arrive for reconcilation???

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:16 pm

The passport has to be applied in the usual way in pakistan.

I am not sure, but I think if the previous visa stamp has been totally lost/damaged, then a new application from scratch will have to be submitted.

SW
- thin ice -

Post by SW » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:04 am

I think you should try applying to British consulate as your visa is valid legally right..and they will give you a new visa

It will be the same case when people loose their passport and have to apply for visa etc again..check what docs you will need