ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pls I really need your advice

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ayenione
Newly Registered

Pls I really need your advice

Post by ayenione » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:42 pm

These are the facts about me and what I have already.
1. Got my PSW in March 2012
2. Married in 2010, just 2 months before coming to the UK for Masters.
3. Have a wife and a 2 year old son in Nigeria.
4. 1800 balance for 3 months.

To my questions (Planning to bring in my wife (only, for now) in July)

1. Do I still need proof of maintenance fund for myself or just for my wife only? I already have my PSW but a friend said I still need to show that I have 900 for myself plus the 1800 for my wife.

2. Will 1800 be enough to bring just 1 dependent?

3. What other evidence apart from marriage certificate and wedding pics can prove the subsistence of our marriage? I call her everyday for hours but to get call logs from Lebara or GT Mobile would be almost impossible.

Pls help with your advice.

Thanks.

shoji147

Maintenance

Post by shoji147 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:55 am

Hi mate ,
As you are already a PSW holder you do not need to show your funds again
and for 2 dependants your funds accordingly should be =600+600=1200

so 1800 pounds is more than enough if the balance has not gone below 1200 in the last three months from the date of application.

Thanks

shoji147

Maintenance

Post by shoji147 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:58 am

In your case if you cannot get call logs you can may be write a letter explaining the network you use and why you cant get hold of the records. Anyone please correct me if i am wrong ,
When i applied for my wife i supplied mobile bills and explained in the letter that i use the third party service Telestunt to call her and that was good enough for them to believe it , but provide as much evidence of a subsisting relationship as you can , but dont go crazy lol
Hope you get it soon mate
Good luck

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:59 am

Any recent emails or printed conversation on skype or yahoochat etc might help.

ayenione
Newly Registered

Re: Maintenance

Post by ayenione » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:59 am

shoji147 wrote:In your case if you cannot get call logs you can may be write a letter explaining the network you use and why you cant get hold of the records. Anyone please correct me if i am wrong ,
When i applied for my wife i supplied mobile bills and explained in the letter that i use the third party service Telestunt to call her and that was good enough for them to believe it , but provide as much evidence of a subsisting relationship as you can , but dont go crazy lol
Hope you get it soon mate
Good luck

Thank you very much.
Pls can you clarify the PSW part? I just got my PSW in March 2012 i.e 3 months ago but I've been in the UK for a total of 20 months now ( under Student visa for 17 months + 3 months PSW). Will my previous stay on Tier 4 student visa count towards the 12 months asked for under Tier 1 ?
I'm asking this question because of the maintenance fund one has to show if he hasn't stayed for 12 months on Tier 1.

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:18 am

There is no restriction for time spent on Tier 1 that alters your maintenance funds requirement. It is the same regardless of whether you spent 2 months or 20 months.

There is a requirement for Tier 4 for you to achieve establish presence and qualify for reduced maintenance you need to spend 12 months, I think you are getting mixed up with requirements of two different categories of immigration.