ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Safest Method of Payment

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tot

Safest Method of Payment

Post by tot » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:40 am

Hello,

I would be interested to know which payment mode is the most safest and the approx cost/commission to be beared.

Anyone?

As I would want to avoid any situations during PEO which delays the payment.
For Instance : Debit card not reading OR declined payment OR....

Thanks in advance.
tot

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:42 pm

Assuming you mean safe with regard to actual payment being accepted rather than safe with regard to fraud, Banker's Draft is the safest as it is money being drawn on the bank's account rather than the applicant's (which may be subject to fluctuations).

diggingdeep

Post by diggingdeep » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:18 pm

Postal orders they are as good as cash. But it might cost you a bit more then bank draft, or debit card.

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:24 pm

Postal order and Banker's Draft are both safe methods to pay. The earlier one is very expensive though.

You can buy postal orders from UK post Office for a maximum value of £250 only. So if you are making a payment of £1000 then you will have to buy 4 of this. Each costing £12.50.

You can get bankers draft from your bank. There is a one of charge for any amount. With different banks charging different rates, I can tell you what the charges are for Barclays and Lloyds. Barclays charge £15 and Lloyds charge £20 for bankers draft and it could be of any amount.

tot

Post by tot » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:51 pm

longshift wrote:Postal order and Banker's Draft are both safe methods to pay. The earlier one is very expensive though.

You can buy postal orders from UK post Office for a maximum value of £250 only. So if you are making a payment of £1000 then you will have to buy 4 of this. Each costing £12.50.

You can get bankers draft from your bank. There is a one of charge for any amount. With different banks charging different rates, I can tell you what the charges are for Barclays and Lloyds. Barclays charge £15 and Lloyds charge £20 for bankers draft and it could be of any amount.
Thanks that answers all my queries. :)

tot

rk_2011

Post by rk_2011 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:29 pm

If you are paying with a banker's draft, can you have one banker's draft carrying the payment for all applicants (i.e. main + dependents?). Or do you need to submit to a separate banker draft for each application. Assuming, dependents apply same time as main applicant.

I am asking this as presumably each separate banker draft incurs a cost.

paulmathew
Newly Registered

how to fill in banker's draft detail in ILR form

Post by paulmathew » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:48 pm

Hi,

re posting here as it seems more appropriate

I just got a banker's draft made, should i be only ticking the box on question 7 and not supplying any details in 7-12. i ask because the draft look like a cheque, just drawn on the bank

do i clip it on top of page 4 or page 1 or covering letter.

answers appreciated. thanks

Paul.

rk_2011

Post by rk_2011 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:12 pm

For Tier-2 at least, I have read that if you are making a postal application payment by Banker's draft is not an option. Banker's draft is only an option for PEO.

See here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... eral/cost/#

thejoker
Newly Registered

Post by thejoker » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:20 pm

In form Set(o), UKBA states that an applicant is required to write their name, date of birth and nationality on the back of a cheque/postal order.

Would I be required to do that on a bank draft as well? Thanks.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:58 pm

Yes, it's a precaution in case the cheque and the application form are separated for whatever reason.