ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric Residence Permit - what the...?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mduho

Biometric Residence Permit - what the...?

Post by mduho » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:08 pm

Hello all,

I am applying for ILR with SET(O) form in July after being on the path of HSMP 07 Tier1 09.

Do I apply and get Biometric Residence Permit before I send my application in July 2012? Or am I going to have to do that after I get ILR?

Please help, I am so confused.

Much thanks,
M

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:17 pm

Basically, after you submit your application, you will get a letter inviting you to submit biometric data. Then the application will be processed. If you are successful, you will get a plastic BRP card as proof of your residence status, rather than a vignette in your passport.

mduho

Post by mduho » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:25 pm

Thanks for the quick reply!

So I don't fill out the BRP box on section 1.12 of the SET(O) form?

So I send my ILR SET(O) form away - then I get informed to go give my biometric data - then all passed I get my approval and plastic card (with no stamp/vignette in my passport... have I got this right.

So I have to do nothing before I send my ILR forms away...right!?

Thank you so much.
M

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:35 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Basically, after you submit your application, you will get a letter inviting you to submit biometric data. Then the application will be processed. If you are successful, you will get a plastic BRP card as proof of your residence status, rather than a vignette in your passport.
Please read this again.

mduho

Post by mduho » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:04 pm

From the UKBA website;
"If you make your application to extend your stay in
the UK by post, we will send you a letter after we
have received your application"

Also if I apply for a premium service, do i get my biometrics taken when i go in for the appointment?

Thanks

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:16 pm