ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application for spouse Urgent, need advise.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rohaya74
Newly Registered

ILR application for spouse Urgent, need advise.

Post by Rohaya74 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:15 am

Dear members of the forum,

I ve read about the new rules of ILR application for spouse, being from2 years to 5 years probation. My 2 years probation due in 22 July but I've made an appointment to submit at PEO for 3rd July, questions :

a) will I be under new rules or old ones?

B) I've made an appointment via phone and the lady gave me my appointment time, date (3rd July) and ref booking number. She took my mobile number etc but when asked whether I will be getting a confirmation via text, she said no ( mine you she was not at all friendly). I'm worried when I turn up next week at the PEO building, when they ask ask for the ref booking number, I just give the one that I have and not text from the HO. Will that be sufficient?

c) I've prepared these documents
- my bank statements covering from July 2010 to June 2012 ( 2 years)
- my pay slips ( covering 2 years 2010 - 2012)
- my saving accounts statements ( £5000) stamped from the bank
- letters for my charity works
- Days that I've away ( less than a month with that 2 years period) details, reason etc
- my letter of employment
- my P60
- my passport
- my biometric card ( obtained July 2010)
- my LITUK test
- my letter to case worker
- my passport pic photo ( 2)
- my husband's passport
- my husband's payslips ( covering 10 months)/ stamped
- my husband's bank statement ( covering six months) stamped from the bank
- my husband photo (passport size)
- council tax joint name ( 201-2012)
- water bills joint name (2010-2012)
- electric bills joint name ( 2010 -2012)
- gas bills joint name ( 2010 -2012)
- TV licence ( my husband's name)
- Telephone & Internet /talk talk ( 2011 - 2012) my husband's name
- marriage cert
- fee 1300++ as well

My application is straight forward but I worried? Please can someone sheed some lights here and I am new to this forum. I don't know who to ask, thank god I found this forum?

Thanks so much for your help.
Aya

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:39 am

Re. your question a)

the current ("old" from July 9) rules will continue to apply to you under the transitional arrangements. See Appendix E in the Statement of Intent document:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... am-mig.pdf

Rohaya74
Newly Registered

Post by Rohaya74 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:33 am

Hi Manci,

Many thanks for your showing me the link. Do you have any advise for questions B and C. I find it so stressful not knowing your rights after the booking has been made.

Presumably when I go to the PEO on the 3rd and if the case worker say my booking reference is not valid, what should I do? Do I apply via post instead? And if so, do I have to submit my husband actual passport? Or enough with photocopy by get it stamp by a local solicitor?

I am looking at the worst scenario here and if I have to send via post, as long as it reach Durham before 9th July, my application can be consider under old , 2 years probations right?

Again, I'm so sorry to ask so many questions, as these news rules has left me so stress

Appreciate if you or anyone can help answer my questions.

Again, thank you and Godbless.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:49 am

B. Call UKBA again. Provide reference number and ask that you calling to enquire if the appointment exists in your name. You'll know if the reference number is accurate. And, you do not need to show a SMS or email to confirm an appointment, the reference number itself is sufficient.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:55 am

Rohaya74 wrote: I am looking at the worst scenario here and if I have to send via post, as long as it reach Durham before 9th July, my application can be consider under old , 2 years probations right?
Your deadline for applying is not 9 July but the expiry date of your current leave to remain or entry clearance (22 July). You can apply any time before this date within a 28 day window. Read carefully Appendix E in the document for which I provided the link.

I would have thought that the booking reference you obtained when you made the PEO appointment would be sufficient to gain entry and for the case to be dealt with on the day but there are lots of threads on this forum describing people's experiences at PEOs, read them.

Rohaya74
Newly Registered

Post by Rohaya74 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:58 am

Hi Sushdmehta,

I've called them just now and the officer confirmed that the booking ref is exist! (phew! Thank god for that) Thanks for suggesting that to me, otherwise I wouldnt have thought about it.

Hi Manci,

Yes you are right, my leave to remain expire on the 20th of July, thus I called to submit my ILR within that 28 days window, hence the earliest I got is on the 3rd of July. Fingers crossed that it will all be ok, as I am a straight forward applicant. Do you this the documents I've listed are sufficients?

Again, thank you so much.

Rohaya74
Newly Registered

Post by Rohaya74 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:01 pm

Hi Manci,

Sorry to bother you and members of the forum again, as you can see, this preparation make me stress! ( as result I have more white hair now!!)

Do you think the documents that I've listed outbelow would be enough? I'm planning to label the originals and photocopy too.

Tab 1
- Application form
- Cover letter
- My Passport
- my husband's passport
- Spread sheet absence days ( less than a month with 2 years)
- supporting letter for the company for the business travel
- LITUk test
- biometric card
- wedding cert
- fee £ 1333++ (cash)

Tab 2
- My employment letter ( from 3 different company for the last 2 years)
- My payslip covering 2 years
- My P60
- My bank statement covering 2 years
- My saving account covering 8 months ( £5000++ in the bank)

Tab 3
- My husband payslips covering 10 months with letter for him employer
- my husband bank statement covering 8 months, stamped from the bank
- my husband P60

Tab 4 ( prove of address joint names )
- council tax covering 2010 to June 2012
- electric bills covering 2010 to June 2012
- gas bills covering 2010 to June 2012
- water bills covering 2010 to June 2012
- tenancy agreement 2010 to current

Tab 5 (prove of address separate name)
- TV licence / my husband's name
- telephone bill / my husband's name
- Thank you letter from Charities, as I raised money for them through marathon and London to brighton bike ride/ my name

Tab 6
- photocopies of all the documents above.

Thanks again for your kind advise.

Regards,
Aya

joh892

Post by joh892 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:52 pm

Look more than enough

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:34 pm

Fee £1333++ cash ?

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:06 pm

Tab 1
No need for absences spreadsheet. No need for any supporting letter from anyone. Cover letter is not needed too.

Tab 2,3,4,5
Good that you have kept all the papers. But have you read what UKBA requires?

They just need 6 documentary proofs spread over 2 years. No harm if someone submits some more documents. But its pointless submitting each and every document that you have collected over two years.

Tab 6
Serves no purpose. Totally unnecessary.

Not asking you not to go ahead with the way you plan to go ahead. Just making my comments in case others read this topic and think that these many documents are required for this kind of application.

Rohaya74
Newly Registered

Post by Rohaya74 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:40 pm

Hi Asim/ John,

Many thanks for your advice. I will bring it all, you know how they can be, a minute they don't, the next minute they want. Better to be safe than sorry ( that's me being paranoid!)

I only have one P60, because I misplace the other one. That should be ok, should it? They want to look at all P60 if I'm applying for settlement base on HSMP, but I'm not. Fingers cross it should be ok.

I'm thankful to this forum. You lot are brilliant, giving people advise without charging, Imaging if we go to a solicitor for an advice? Anyway, I'll keep you all posted with the result.

God bless all of you.

Regards,
Aya

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:09 pm

Rohaya74 wrote:Hi Asim/ John,

Many thanks for your advice. I will bring it all, you know how they can be, a minute they don't, the next minute they want. Better to be safe than sorry ( that's me being paranoid!)

I only have one P60, because I misplace the other one. That should be ok, should it? They want to look at all P60 if I'm applying for settlement base on HSMP, but I'm not. Fingers cross it should be ok.

I'm thankful to this forum. You lot are brilliant, giving people advise without charging, Imaging if we go to a solicitor for an advice? Anyway, I'll keep you all posted with the result.

God bless all of you.

Regards,
Aya
You will be ok, don't worry. You have all what is needed. Actually you have got way more than enough. Caseworker might feel that you are trying to bombard him with junk mail, :lol:

Yes, going to solicitor would cost a lot of money. I ain't a solicitor and I am not allowed to charge for any information I provide, but I won't mind if you or any other member pay me for my "clerical services" as I do type a lot of stuff to get the message across. :D

Rohaya74
Newly Registered

Post by Rohaya74 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:10 pm

Asim . I hope so.

I've all the original documents ready and file according to the tabs. Waiting for the the big day. And I will share the experience with our members here as soon as its done! Fingers crossed.

Again, Godbless all of you for the help/ advice given.

Regards,
Aya.