ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Based overseas job

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

timarli

UK Based overseas job

Post by timarli » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:18 pm

Hi,

I'm sure it's been asked, discussed and answered several times before but as you all know the rules keep changing.

I have been working here with a WP for 3 years and now there is an overseas opportunity. The company is UK based and I can negotiate with the company to come back to UK every 3 months for the remaining 2 years (to ILR).

Do you think it would work? What shall I do to make sure it works?
Obviously if I'm disqualified from applying for ILR I won't be pursuing this opportunity.

THanks in advance.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:55 pm

Please elaborate. Come back every three months for how long? Is this your existing employer or would you be making another application for sponsorship? Would your salary come from the UK company of from the overseas subsidiary?

timarli

Post by timarli » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:01 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Please elaborate. Come back every three months for how long? Is this your existing employer or would you be making another application for sponsorship? Would your salary come from the UK company of from the overseas subsidiary?
Thanks for your message Lucapooka.

This is an opportunity with a new employer so I will need to get a Tier2 visa first.

"every three months etc." are all subject to negotiations to be honest. I can get paid leave or unpaid leave every 3 months.
- by the way I said 3 months thinking that exceeding '90 days' would make things more complicated.

I believe I can get them to agree for 1 week in the UK every 3 months. Salary will be taxed and paid in the UK.