ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pls Advise for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ajantalove
Newly Registered

Pls Advise for ILR

Post by ajantalove » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:14 am

Hello

I am applying for my ILR next month under 5 yrs continuous stay ( 2 yrs HSMP stamp 16/08/2007- 16/08/2009 + 3 yrs Tier 1 General Which is finishing 16/08/2012). My HSMP I switched from Student visa in UK. Got approved & stamped here.

Calculation of Points
Degree : 30 (University Bachelor Degree)
Salary : 45 (Current one yr salary is abt £46k)
UK Exp : 05
Total : 100

Form set 0 for me only no dependents & Supporting Documents
1) Life in UK
2) Previous letters from UKBA (Visa Grant & Calculation Of my extension)
3) 13 Payslips for last 12 mths as I receive my salary every 4 weeks
4) 12 mths banks statements, Same where I receive my salary
5) P60 for last 5 Yrs.

Holidays: 4.5 mths total over 5 yrs

Additional Document

1) keeping my 2 P45 as i have changed my job twice in last 5 yrs
2) Original Degree
3) Contract from My Employer

Pls advise do I need to add any other documents in my file and I am bit confused do I need a letter from employer too?

Thanks in advance :roll:

ajantalove
Newly Registered

help

Post by ajantalove » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:21 am

Pls help anyone :?:

vik30

Post by vik30 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:46 am

i believe the points that you are calculating should be done on the basis of when you got Tier1 General visa and not on your first HSMP visa.

Perhaps, someone senior can clarify this here.

Also, Is it necessary to have P45s if you have worked for more than 1 employer during the five -year period ?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:36 pm

vik30 wrote:i believe the points that you are calculating should be done on the basis of when you got Tier1 General visa and not on your first HSMP visa.
This statement is incorrect. Please see the following sticky:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=90855

vik30

Post by vik30 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:44 pm

yes the above post by 'cs95tdg' is correct

Apologies for my post. I wasn't completely sure either.

Thanks for the clarification

ajantalove
Newly Registered

Post by ajantalove » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:51 pm

Dear Senior

So Points i am calculating are correct. Thanks for it.
Could u pls check and let me know do i need any other documents and also my doubt abt employer letter :?:

ajantalove
Newly Registered

Post by ajantalove » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:52 pm

vik30 wrote:yes the above post by 'cs95tdg' is correct

Apologies for my post. I wasn't completely sure either.

Thanks for the clarification
beneficial for both of us :P

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Pls Advise for ILR

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:58 pm

ajantalove wrote:do I need a letter from employer too?
A question back to you is, what you think you require a employer letter for?

There are many situations where different types of employer letters have been supplied with an application. E.g. WP applicants indicating SOC code & employment, Justification of absences beyond the allowed threshold, proof of income, the list can go on.... But many of them are not mandatory and whether or not you require one or more of them will depend on your individual circumstances.

From the summary of information provided, I'd say don't need one. But only you will be able to tell for certain.

ajantalove
Newly Registered

Post by ajantalove » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:22 am

Guys pls help
I am filling my form and really confused in section 11. Don't know which box to tick.

Confusing Questions are

11G Highly skilled migrant If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on completing 5 years’ continuous stay in the UK under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) and other appropriate categories, in addition to the relevant documents in 11A, you must provide the following:
* If you are employed, document(s) showing your economic activity and your personal earnings during your stay in the UK
* If you are self-employed, you should provide evidence of the progress of the business.
* If you were given leave in other categories leading to settlement before being granted permission to stay under HSMP and would like this stay to be taken into consideration in your application for indefinite leave to remain, you should provide details of the categories involved and the periods spent in each of them.

or

11L Tier 1 (General) migrant If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on completing 5 years’ continuous stay in the UK made up of leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant and leave as a highly skilled migrant, work permit holder, innovator, self-employed lawyer or writer, composer or artist, in addition to the relevant documents in 11A, you must provide the following documents:

* Evidence specified in section 9A of this form

For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:17 pm

ajantalove wrote:Guys pls help
I am filling my form and really confused in section 11. Don't know which box to tick.

Confusing Questions are

11G Highly skilled migrant If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on completing 5 years’ continuous stay in the UK under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) and other appropriate categories, in addition to the relevant documents in 11A, you must provide the following:
* If you are employed, document(s) showing your economic activity and your personal earnings during your stay in the UK
* If you are self-employed, you should provide evidence of the progress of the business.
* If you were given leave in other categories leading to settlement before being granted permission to stay under HSMP and would like this stay to be taken into consideration in your application for indefinite leave to remain, you should provide details of the categories involved and the periods spent in each of them.

or

11L Tier 1 (General) migrant If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on completing 5 years’ continuous stay in the UK made up of leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant and leave as a highly skilled migrant, work permit holder, innovator, self-employed lawyer or writer, composer or artist, in addition to the relevant documents in 11A, you must provide the following documents:

* Evidence specified in section 9A of this form

For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.
The section that applies to someone applying as a Tier 1 General Migrant as you are, is 11L.

ajantalove
Newly Registered

Post by ajantalove » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:38 pm