ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSBC Bank statement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amrhossam2
Newly Registered

HSBC Bank statement

Post by amrhossam2 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:59 pm

Hello Folks

I need your help please, i should apply for UK Tier 1 extention next week , and by that time my Bank statment from HSBC won't be ready to sent by post as it's issued on 22 of every month , and i need one that shows the salary that will be transferred at end of this month (June), so i 'll get a statement from the HSBC back after that salary is transfered to my account .

When i checked with HSBC , they will give me the statment i need on HSBC headed paper , but they won't stamp it , will that be a problem ?

Is it ok to provide the statment i'll get from the HSBC branch without stamp, as long as it's on the HSBC headed paper ?

Did any one do that before , any problem ? just want to make sure that everything is going to be ok and to avoid any problem

Thanks

Chase53

Post by Chase53 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:34 pm

Iam nt sure whether it would be a problem but as a customer to any bank, they are obliged to give you a proper document statement when requested. Although they fume that you are entitled the monthly statements already, tell them you don't have that much time. If they can't stamp it, atleast ask them to get it signed by Bank Manager confirming its the proper document with the right amount.

Hope this helps and other experienced members could give you more information in detail.

All the best!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:00 pm

Chase53 wrote:as a customer to any bank, they are obliged to give you a proper document statement when requested.
Only when such a request is made through the proper channel(s).

Do not advise people that they have the right to barge into a bank branch and demand a bank statement as a matter of right! Or that the bank branch staff must "oblige" to such requests.

Lack of proper planning on the applicant's end does not give him the right to demand bank statement in a bank branch, nor is the bank branch staff under any obligation to entertain such requests.

Anyone providing a statement at a branch or signing and stamping printed statements is doing a favor, not obliging to a self-proclaimed right.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: HSBC Bank statement

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:06 pm

amrhossam2 wrote:When i checked with HSBC , they will give me the statment i need on HSBC headed paper , but they won't stamp it , will that be a problem ?

Is it ok to provide the statment i'll get from the HSBC branch without stamp, as long as it's on the HSBC headed paper ?
If it contains the information as specified in the policy guidance and issued on official letter-headed paper, it doesn't matter if the statement is issued at the bank branch or by the bank's back-office.

ups

Post by ups » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:45 pm

If you are getting it at a branch, do make sure that the statement contains the details sushdmehta mentioned above. The kiosk machines at HSBC branches don't print much detail other than list of transactions and the print looks like a regular colour printout from the internet - instead of that request the guys at the counter, they print it on proper letter-headed paper. They are unlikely to sign and stamp - but if you get it on letter-headed paper you should be fine.

Also, if you don't get much help at a smaller branch, try going to the nearest bigger branch. However I've usually had good experiences with HSBC and hopefully you won't have too much trouble.

Chase53

Post by Chase53 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:35 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
Chase53 wrote:as a customer to any bank, they are obliged to give you a proper document statement when requested.
Only when such a request is made through the proper channel(s).

Do not advise people that they have the right to barge into a bank branch and demand a bank statement as a matter of right! Or that the bank branch staff must "oblige" to such requests.

Lack of proper planning on the applicant's end does not give him the right to demand bank statement in a bank branch, nor is the bank branch staff under any obligation to entertain such requests.

Anyone providing a statement at a branch or signing and stamping printed statements is doing a favor, not obliging to a self-proclaimed right.
Fair enough..!! Worked for me tho..!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:51 am

It works for many, no doubt ... because there are some helpful people still left out there who take pity and some who would rather succumb than have their brains eaten for the next 1 hour with the "first it is my right, then a humble request, now I am begging" pitch.

All one needs to do is find either of the two species. Barring these two species, no other entertains such requests and are happy to give the boot ... that is why people end up asking on the forum - "which branch should I go to"!

And, as you stated, you were successful in finding one of the two. :wink:

Apologies to OP for the off-topic posts!

madmegnik
Newly Registered
India

Re: HSBC Bank statement

Post by madmegnik » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:52 am

I had similar situation with HSBC. I ringed the customer service and they sent me the latest statement 4 days after the month statement been sent. Kindly check with the customer service rather than speaking with the banker.

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:11 pm

speaking from personal experience, the HSBC unstamped statement on headed paper that you are talking about is actually not headed paper but a color printout of online statement with logo and(unfortunately) a URL at the end which makes it look like an online statement.

such statements have been accepted AND rejected by case workers, search this forum for specific details.

so the safest approach would be to order postal statements via phone/ATM/branch provided you have the time(4 working days on average)

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:44 pm

HSBC does a quick service for statements when you order them to be delivered in your nearest branch instead of your home address.
The SLA reduces significantly to 1 or 2 days.

I did couple of time and voila, I got the statements the second day of ordering.

I have a strong feeling that they print the statement in branch as both the times, my statements were without envelope.

So you can try this one, today itself and see how soon they can get the statements printed and sent across to your nearest branch. Once you are sure of the timelines, then again order with the updates of your salary ion the same way.

Best of luck

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:46 pm

mantasingh wrote:HSBC does a quick service for statements when you order them to be delivered in your nearest branch instead of your home address.
The SLA reduces significantly to 1 or 2 days.

I did couple of time and voila, I got the statements the second day of ordering.

I have a strong feeling that they print the statement in branch as both the times, my statements were without envelope.

So you can try this one, today itself and see how soon they can get the statements printed and sent across to your nearest branch. Once you are sure of the timelines, then again order with the updates of your salary ion the same way.

Best of luck

Yep that works.I did the same thing and got statement on second day.

ups

Post by ups » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:06 pm

sts96508 wrote:speaking from personal experience, the HSBC unstamped statement on headed paper that you are talking about is actually not headed paper but a color printout of online statement with logo and(unfortunately) a URL at the end which makes it look like an online statement.
The self-service machines produce these, but if you ask at the counter they print it on a headed paper through their system (which is different from the internet-like prints).

That said, I agree that requesting them from the call centre is actually good if you have a few days in hand - I recall having done it a long time ago, and got it sent to my home address and it arrived in 4-5 days (think they charged me £1 for a statement at the time). As mantasingh said ordering them at a branch can make it quicker.

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:01 pm

ups wrote:
sts96508 wrote:speaking from personal experience, the HSBC unstamped statement on headed paper that you are talking about is actually not headed paper but a color printout of online statement with logo and(unfortunately) a URL at the end which makes it look like an online statement.
The self-service machines produce these, but if you ask at the counter they print it on a headed paper through their system (which is different from the internet-like prints).

That said, I agree that requesting them from the call centre is actually good if you have a few days in hand - I recall having done it a long time ago, and got it sent to my home address and it arrived in 4-5 days (think they charged me £1 for a statement at the time). As mantasingh said ordering them at a branch can make it quicker.
I had got them from the guy at the counter, from two different branches in Belfast, and not through self-service machines, and they had a web URL line printed at the bottom. That's what makes it dodgy and open to different interpretations.

ups

Post by ups » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:09 pm

sts96508 wrote: I had got them from the guy at the counter, from two different branches in Belfast, and not through self-service machines, and they had a web URL line printed at the bottom. That's what makes it dodgy and open to different interpretations.
Okay - I've taken statements recently that looked much better (i.e. without URL, on proper letter-headed paper) - so guess different branches doing different things!

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:33 pm

You can also ask them (HSBC) to change the date of your statement to be something more convenient for your application, i.e. so the last statement you need arrives shortly before your application is due. Then it is an original bank statement and no need for stamping, signing, ... and hassle at the branch.