ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In-country switch: HSMP spouse -> HSMP proper

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

inso

In-country switch: HSMP spouse -> HSMP proper

Post by inso » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:08 am

I have a strange query: My wife and I both qualify for HSMP (both old and new rules), but for simplicity we only applied for her visa. Now we're both here and working, and my plan is to apply for my own HSMP in a year's time, so that we have a safety net should something happen to either one of us before we need to apply for FLR.

The question is: how do I perform an in-country switch from an HSMP dependant visa to an HSMP proper visa? Hopefully I don't have to go through EC back in my home country!

sudhirg

Post by sudhirg » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:18 am

y become a dependent in the 1st place!!!

inso

Post by inso » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:25 am

1) It is simpler, and less documents could get lost
2) It is cheaper, since we're only paying £315 once
3) I was contracting for most of the year, so my financial status would have been significantly more difficult to prove than her salaried employment

Any other questions?

sudhirg

Post by sudhirg » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:04 pm

than y throw your safety NET for HSMP? As I c dependent status should suffice.

inso

Post by inso » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:10 pm

I don't know if you've been following, but the HSMP rules have changed and could change at any time in the future. Besides the fact that they can change the current income points allocation, my wife could lose her job (you never know what the future holds) and then she would not qualify for FLR, and consequently both of us would be in a pickle, since my income would count nothing as a spouse.

We applied and qualified under the old rules -- I'm asking this with the new rules in mind. So, I fail to see what your line of questioning is about?

sjgul

Post by sjgul » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:15 pm

inso,

u can apply for an independent HSMP for urself. You don't have to go back to your country for EC.

Its good to have backup.

cheers.

inso

Post by inso » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:01 pm

Hey sjgul

Thanks for the confirmation; from the HO website that seems to be the case. Do you know what the procedure is -- from the guidance notes it seems to be a two-step process:
1) Apply for HSMP in-country, and
2) Apply (using FLR(HSMP) ) to vary my current LTR.

sjgul

Post by sjgul » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:04 pm

Do you know what the procedure is -- from the guidance notes it seems to be a two-step process:
1) Apply for HSMP in-country, and
2) Apply (using FLR(HSMP) ) to vary my current LTR.
I am not 100% sure, but it should be a 2 way process similar to getting an FLR, You file for an independent HSMP and then for the stamping.

It is best if you mail the HSMP mailing address and see what they reply.

inso

Post by inso » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:06 pm

Yeah, I did mail them, but I'm still waiting for a reply. Will post here if/when I get any answer ;)

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:12 pm

As a dependent's visa is a non-switchable category you can't apply for FLR(HSMP). You apply for HSMP as normal, then return home to obtain entry clearance.
________
Roll a joint