ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mode of Payment

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BobbyUKENG

Mode of Payment

Post by BobbyUKENG » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:05 am

Hi Gurus,

My lawyer is in the process of applying ten years ILR and the mode of paying fees is by NatWest Cheque & I was going through many interesting facts which were on this site.

I got advantage gold account and cheque book facility and in the cheque book I got 20 Cheques in which I used only 7 and the last cheque which I used was in the year 2010 and from that till now I have never used any cheque.

Initially I was prepared to take Postal order to avoid any problem with bank later but due to some reasons I had to give cheque payable to HO.

I called Bank and and explained them the importance of cheque and they said it shouldn't be any problem.

My main query is do the banks send another cheque books with out the first one been used completely?

Because I haven;t received any new cheque books and also confirmed from the bank as well.

By any chance If they have some technical issues with the payment and HO send application back and my visa runs out, can I still send another application with postal order?

Sorry I'm thinking too far but I have very bad experiences with the local banks..

Else HO will say that I do not have valid leave and I have to leave the country?

Please share your precious thoughts on this.

Once again thanks in advance to the gurus.

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:13 am

Hi Bobby,

You can provide the cheque number (one you are sending home office) to your bank and ask them to confirm that this cheque number is not stopped. They will be able to confirm this to you on phone I think.

Better still if you have some time then I would recommend using a bank draft. You will go in the branch and fill a form. Bank will then issue a draft and send it to your home address. The draft never gets declined because you pay the money in advance. It will cost you between £15-£20.

I hope this helps

BobbyUKENG

Post by BobbyUKENG » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:17 am

Thanks Very Much,

I have already given my documents to my lawyer and he is in the process of applying & can you please let me know can I resend my application once it comes back due to some payment errors?

Because by that time my visa runs out?

Please suggest me.
Thanks,

BobbyUKENG

Post by BobbyUKENG » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:49 pm

Any Suggestions Gurus?

rosmary
Newly Registered

Post by rosmary » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:24 pm

BobbyUKENG wrote:Thanks Very Much,

I have already given my documents to my lawyer and he is in the process of applying & can you please let me know can I resend my application once it comes back due to some payment errors?

Because by that time my visa runs out?

Please suggest me.
Thanks,
Due to lot of problems in payment I will recommend go for Bank`s Draft.I know it cost £20 but this is worth it as it give you peace of mind that you application will not be send back as invalid due to any payment error by home office.

And new rules coming into force on 9th July,I will say get a bank draft.