ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling after applying for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mishbha
Newly Registered

Travelling after applying for Naturalisation

Post by mishbha » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:40 am

Hi All,

I'm about to apply for my Naturalisation, but I have to travel out of country for 3 weeks in the start of August. I heard that if you receive the letter to book your ceremony after approval, you need to call them and book in the next 10 days? How strict is this? If I receive the letter while I'm away, can't I book the ceremony after I come back?
Please advise.
Thanks

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Re: Travelling after applying for Naturalisation

Post by jms_uk » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:47 am

mishbha wrote:Hi All,

I'm about to apply for my Naturalisation, but I have to travel out of country for 3 weeks in the start of August. I heard that if you receive the letter to book your ceremony after approval, you need to call them and book in the next 10 days? How strict is this? If I receive the letter while I'm away, can't I book the ceremony after I come back?
Please advise.
Thanks
For a start, you are very optimistic in thinking that you will receive your approval by the beginning of August without applying yet [have a look at the timeline topic on top] :D

Other than that, you have 3 months period from receiving approval that you have to have a ceremony within.

mishbha
Newly Registered

Post by mishbha » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:55 am

jms_uk wrote:
mishbha wrote:Hi All,

Please advise.
Thanks
For a start, you are very optimistic in thinking that you will receive your approval by the beginning of August without applying yet [have a look at the timeline topic on top] :D

Other than that, you have 3 months period from receiving approval that you have to have a ceremony within.
jms_uk,
Please re-read my post carefully. I mentioned that I have to travel in the first week of August for 3 weeks. And I have already read the sticky for timeline. Moreover, one should consider all possibilities before applying. So, it would be great if you answer to the point and do not comment unnecessarily.
Thanks for your other reply though.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:04 am

mishbha
Newly Registered

Post by mishbha » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:23 am

Jambo wrote:See Must ceremony be arranged within 21 days of the letter date?

And they aren't so strict on this.
Thanks very much, Jambo.

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:00 pm

mishbha wrote: do not comment unnecessarily.
Well, I apologise if my [light banter / tounge-in-cheek] comment has upset you in any way.

Please understand that it came only as a result of frustration of waiting 2+ months so far...