ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pprroving 5 years continous stay with lost passport

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MK9
Newly Registered

Pprroving 5 years continous stay with lost passport

Post by MK9 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:15 pm

i desperately need advice please , i came to uk with my first 2 year hsmp visa stamp but had it stolen , i applied for 3 year extension having gota another passport from my embassy in uk . now i want to apply for ILR but i dont know how to proove years continous stay having lost my initial passport for my first 2 years in uk . I have not travelled out of the uk during my 5 years in uk

OttoMattik
United Kingdom

Re: Pprroving 5 years continous stay with lost passport

Post by OttoMattik » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:45 am

MK9 wrote:i desperately need advice please , i came to uk with my first 2 year hsmp visa stamp but had it stolen , i applied for 3 year extension having gota another passport from my embassy in uk . now i want to apply for ILR but i dont know how to proove years continous stay having lost my initial passport for my first 2 years in uk . I have not travelled out of the uk during my 5 years in uk
I was in a similar situation - with a lost passport rather than stolen.

In my case, I reported the loss immediately to the police station and obtained a reference number which was needed before I could get a replacement passport issued by the embassy here. I then had to apply for a TOC (Transfer of Conditions) from UKBA.

Fortunately, I had photocopies of all the relevant pages of my lost passport which helped in establishing my case though I suspect even without that, there will be records of you living here legally in their system.

You could start with an SAR and see what that highlights.

RajuT

Re: Pprroving 5 years continous stay with lost passport

Post by RajuT » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:04 am

MK9 wrote:i desperately need advice please , i came to uk with my first 2 year hsmp visa stamp but had it stolen , i applied for 3 year extension having gota another passport from my embassy in uk . now i want to apply for ILR but i dont know how to proove years continous stay having lost my initial passport for my first 2 years in uk . I have not travelled out of the uk during my 5 years in uk

I was also into the same situation...Hope you have the copy of your work permits, stolen passport. and also hope u were in the same company for 5 yrs..if u were then take a letter from your company saying tht u were with the same company and as per their knowledge who didnt travel during this 5 yrs. If you have your tickets tht also wud helpful. If you are going to peo go for croydon, since other peo centres may not accept your case since they may not have the access to check your entry details.

UK BA do have all the records so need not worry.