ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) for my wife

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

taimhash
Newly Registered

applying for wife flr(m) after i got ILR need help

Post by taimhash » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:01 pm

I was on Tier1 General till dec2012 but i was eligible to apply for ilr under 10 year long term residence and was granted ILR in may.
My wife is on Tier1 General dependent visa granted in August 2011 expiring August 2012. Now i am on ILR i am applying for wife flr(m) visa.
My question is what rules will apply to her case after 9 July. she is awaiting result for here english language test hopefully get them by 2 july. Should I apply before 9 July or old rules still apply after 9 July. Many Thanks

chosenaik

Post by chosenaik » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:11 pm

I think because your wife will be changing her visa status (from Tier 1 dependant to FLR(M) as opposed to extending her current visa she will be subject to new rules, e.g. waiting for 5 years before getting an ILR.

I would double check with others / moderators.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:07 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!