ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which B1 Exam for ILR 2014?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hakim1984
Newly Registered

Which B1 Exam for ILR 2014?

Post by Hakim1984 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:38 pm

Hello,

my wife has been in the country on a spouse Visa for nearly 2 months now, and after our holiday next month i want to get the ball rolling and get this B1 requirement out of the way so she can concentrate on Life in uk Exa,.

My question is which is the best exam to do out of

(PET, FCE, CAE, CPE, BEC, ILEC, ICFE) ?

I belive she only needs to do speaking and listening, what happens if she scores highly on speaking and listening but does badly on reading/writing and her overall mark is let down by that?

Thanks!

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:12 pm

only listening / speaking is taken into account.

Hakim1984
Newly Registered

Post by Hakim1984 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:56 pm

Thanks Innoncentdevil,

you need to score 71 upwards I believe on a PET test to obtain B1, I am just confused because the test is in 4 parts for example each part worth 25 %.

she could score maximum marks on speaking & listening 50% but that wouldn't get her the 71/100 required to get the B1 grade?