ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR deferred due to absences, how to get MP involved ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sapeyuk

ILR deferred due to absences, how to get MP involved ?

Post by sapeyuk » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:30 pm

Hi All,

I have applied for ILR at Croydon on June 6th and my case was deferred for senior case worker checks due to one business absence of 95 days. They told me these checks would usually take 3 weeks. Today is 3 weeks from PEO appointment and I have still heard nothing. Because I need to travel for business, I am thinking of asking my local MP to make an enquiry to UKBA and urge them to speed up the process.

Could you please tell me how to do this ? what to ask the MP to write ? or where else to complain regarding my case ? I know from other parts of this forum that it may take them several months before they contact us although we have paid premium fees and been promised to get an answer in 3 weeks.

many thanks,

AndyGandhi
Newly Registered

Re: ILR deferred due to absences, how to get MP involved ?

Post by AndyGandhi » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:59 pm

sapeyuk wrote:Hi All,

I have applied for ILR at Croydon on June 6th and my case was deferred for senior case worker checks due to one business absence of 95 days. They told me these checks would usually take 3 weeks. Today is 3 weeks from PEO appointment and I have still heard nothing. Because I need to travel for business, I am thinking of asking my local MP to make an enquiry to UKBA and urge them to speed up the process.

Could you please tell me how to do this ? what to ask the MP to write ? or where else to complain regarding my case ? I know from other parts of this forum that it may take them several months before they contact us although we have paid premium fees and been promised to get an answer in 3 weeks.

many thanks,
I do not think, involving an MP would help. What can help is the, backup letter from company & any compelling reasons, of why you had to stay over 3 months at a single stretch.
Better you send it to the case worker, immediately.
Good luck

sapeyuk

Post by sapeyuk » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:20 pm

Hi Andy,

They already have all those documents, given them everything at the PEO and the case worker assured me they do not need any more documents, just that the senior case worker has to have a look and decide.

Regards,

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:23 pm

Frankly, three weeks is nothing in the general time scale of these situations. Your MP might wonder about the parallel universe you normally inhabit, where decisions come quicker. But go ahead!

sapeyuk

Post by sapeyuk » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:30 pm

Lucapooka,

Thanks for taking the time to post a reply, but as I'm sure you know, these are really stressful times for those of us who are awaiting a reply from UKBA. I am in such situation with a lot of pressure from work to travel abroad as well. So if I am asking a question I certainly need advice not sneering comments. Thanks.

Regards,

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:40 pm

It not a sneering comment if it's true, and it is intended to help you (some might call it tough love). I am telling you the truth rather than what you hope to hear. The two things are very different and if you don't wish for the the former you should take private advice rather than post questions on an open, free-access public forum.

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:41 pm

sapeyuk wrote:Lucapooka,

Thanks for taking the time to post a reply, but as I'm sure you know, these are really stressful times for those of us who are awaiting a reply from UKBA. I am in such situation with a lot of pressure from work to travel abroad as well. So if I am asking a question I certainly need advice not sneering comments. Thanks.

Regards,
I think he was just giving you the ground reality. Lot of people are waiting and just because your work requires you to travel abroad doesn't give you any VIP status in the eyes of UKBA. Unfortunately you have to accept this reality. They will get back to you when they have done their checks and made a decision. You just have to sit tight and wait.

Your case is not very complicated to get a MP involved. Some cases takes years compared to your 3 weeks. We understand your situation and you are not the only one in this situation. :roll:
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)

sapeyuk

Post by sapeyuk » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:51 pm

Madona587,

Thanks for your comment. I am not looking for a VIP status or anything like that and I am just amazed at the response I have received here ! I have been reading this forum for the past few months and know that some cases take a lot longer to be resolved. But I have also read about the cases - very similar to mine - that have got their local MP involved just to urge UKBA and it has had positive effect. I believe this is better than sitting and doing nothing and all I have asked here was HOW to do it, not IF.

Regards,

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:59 pm

If it is important to you to get a quick resolution, I suppose you have nothing to lose by getting your MP involved. Either they say they can't help (in which case you are no worse than now) or they say they can help. If they help, either it doesn't make a difference to UKBA (in which case you are no worse off than now) or it does make a difference, in which case you get your visa sooner. I guess you find out from your local Borough who is your MP and then ring them up and ask them what to do :)