ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home office reference number?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MWill

Home office reference number?

Post by MWill » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:59 am

Just a question about HO reference numbers - when we booked my wife's LitUK test, it asked for a HO reference number and the system said we'd find it on any letter from the HO, it would be 7-13 characters long, and start with 1-3 letters. We found a number like this under "our ref" on the letter she was given at the PEO when she got her FLR(M) - it was 2 letters followed by 10 numbers, so we put that down, missing off a /001 bit at the end. At the test centre they asked to see where this number came from, my wife showed them the letter and it was fine.

I've had a look at the SET M application form, and it asks for a HO reference number but only gives you 8 boxes, so ours won't fit. Did we make a mistake and use the wrong number? It fit all the requirements on the LitUK website, so it's not our fault at all.

I'm wondering whether she should leave those boxes blank but include the PEO letter in her ILR application, so they can see that number and where she got it from?

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:18 pm

its not a big deal. If you cannot make sense of what the number is, then do as you have mentioned. They will find it themselves.

ILR_Queries

Post by ILR_Queries » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:39 am

Hi MWill,

What did you do with your application on HO Reference number?

Did you include the FLR(M) approval letter along with your ILR application.

Please let me know.

Regards