ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for husband's visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LoveMyBaby786

Applying for husband's visa

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:00 pm

Salaam :)
I'm new here as really would like some help regarding the new rules etc..

Basically we have all the documents required, solicitor just needs to organise them which will take about 2 days then I can send them off to Pakistan.
However, my husband had to retake his speaking test from City and Guilds company, he re-took it on 9th May and to this date he hasn't yet received his results..
Anyone having the same problems? I rang the office in the UK and they said he should get them in 28 days, the guy said according to him 28 days is today so to phone back tomorrow or thursday and he should have the results.

This is the only thing we are waiting for, a certificate to say he has passed his speaking test as he already has a certificate for the reading/writing etc.. tests he took the previous month.
I'm worried he won't get these in time, im also heavily pregnant, can give birth any week now and feel if we can't apply before the 9th then I am screwed to put it nicely! Don't know how I'm going to earn over 22k when I'll have a baby to look after as well with no husband here to help :(
Just really worried, don't know what else to do.

Has anyone had any problems with City and Guilds in the past 2 months?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:31 pm

I suppose there is nothing to stop you applying without the certificate to beat the new deadline of 9th July.

You will get refused and will have to appeal the refusal and most likely succeed (if this was the only reason you get refused on and you can provide the pass certificate by the time of the appeal hearing date).

Its going to cause you a bit of inconvenience and a bit more money, but it will probally be worth it in view of your present personal circumstances.

skstar

Post by skstar » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:10 pm

Yes, had the same issue well not because husband failed it but because they kept delaying the results. We have everything ready, just waiting for the certificate now however he took the exams on 11th May and he got the results today he passed both , phew!! What happened was apparently some girls decided to cheat with fake identities and an enquiry was carried out.
They said the certificate will be given out in the next couple of days.

I rang city and guilds office every single day when it passed the 4 week mark. I even managed to get hold of an employees mobile number! LOL
I rang the UK who told me to ring Sri Lanka, which I did....but got back to square one with the centre saying just ring us and we will let you know.
Was such a frustrating process.

You need to keep ringing and ask for the results, which centre did he give the exam? The 9th of May ones have all been cleared as in the results have been updated on their system.

LoveMyBaby786

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:22 pm

He took the test in Islamabad, i rang the UK head office today (26th june) and the guy said it hasnt come up on the system yet and to get husband to phone tomorrow or thursday.
Yeh he's been ringing the islamabad office every day, i think they're starting to get annoyed with him, ive also rung the sri lanka office twice but even they said nothing.. Insha'Allah results will come tomorrow or thursday with a pass and I can just apply for him :(

skstar

Post by skstar » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:28 am

Yeh my husband took it with Islamabad as well. Maybe it's because it was a retake? But it is very annoying when they keep saying ring back so and so date.
To be honest there is no point in ringing other places, the results are uploaded from the UK. So just best to keep ringing Pakistan city and guilds. Their office closes at 5pm pakistan time, so ring before 1 and that's also when they check the system again just before they leave

skstar

Post by skstar » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:30 am

Oh and remember to ask about the certificate, when it will arrive etc

LoveMyBaby786

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:49 pm

Another day gone and still no results.. i want to apply before 9th (so last day to apply will be 6th on friday next week) even if he gets his results next week how am i going to send all the documents to pakistan in time? I have everything here my solicitor is saying that to prevent wasting our money he'll start preparing the documents when my husband gets a pass and it'll take him 2 days to prepare all the documents then have to send them off which could take 3-5 days.. its such a headache

skstar

Post by skstar » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:56 pm

Ring them everyday.latest uk 1pm before they close office.
Will the news be a problem?then just send your documents.tell your husband to book appointment latest friday and submit what you have.

skstar

Post by skstar » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Sorry i meant new laws
Yeh it takes about 5 days in post. Send your docs now

LoveMyBaby786

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:03 pm

yeh the new laws will be a big problem for me, im not even earning anywhere near the 22k they're asking for, plus im due to give birth in the next 5 weeks and won't be able to work again for a good few months after that which make just make everything even longer. I guess there's nothing more we can do apart from wait for some miracle to happen

LoveMyBaby786

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:04 pm

Also i wanted to ask if i apply without the certificate (but he passes and gets the certificate late thats why i cant include this in documents) and they refuse visa because of this, if i appeal would it have to be according to the new rules or the rules that are in place now before 9th july?

skstar

Post by skstar » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:16 pm

Old rules.hence me saying submit 6th july anyway without it if you dont get certificate by then.

s.uk
BANNED

Post by s.uk » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:03 pm

dont worry sister just tel your husband to apply even without test reuslts if he get refused he will get right to appeal and submit the test as an evidence and will fall under current rule dont panic every thing be ok

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:57 pm

LoveMyBaby786 wrote:Also i wanted to ask if i apply without the certificate (but he passes and gets the certificate late thats why i cant include this in documents) and they refuse visa because of this, if i appeal would it have to be according to the new rules or the rules that are in place now before 9th july?
If you apply before 9/7 and get refused and appeal and win, then the old rules apply to you.However if you loose at appeal, you will then have to reapply again and the new rules will apply to you.

My advise is to apply without certificate and get refused and appeal.That would be much better than you complying with new rules. Get your solicitor to pull his finger out and sort out file

LoveMyBaby786

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:19 pm

batleykhan wrote:
If you apply before 9/7 and get refused and appeal and win, then the old rules apply to you.However if you loose at appeal, you will then have to reapply again and the new rules will apply to you.

My advise is to apply without certificate and get refused and appeal.That would be much better than you complying with new rules. Get your solicitor to pull his finger out and sort out file
yeh thats the only thing i was worried about incase if i appeal they'll say i have to do everything by the new rules. I'll speak with my dad tomorrow as he's the one who phones the solicitor and i'll get him to have a word with him, thank you

LoveMyBaby786

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:06 am

I also wanted to ask would my salary have to be 18,600 or 22,400?
My child will be born in the UK, will have a british nationality as I am british, im only applying for husband and it says on the UKBA site that if your sponsoring a child its 22,400 but my solicitor is saying to me that because i have a child its 22,400.. whoose right here? I dont understand

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:16 am

Read 89.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

LoveMyBaby786

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:36 am

sushdmehta wrote:Read 89.
yep i just seen that now, i dont understand why my solicitor is saying that my salary has to be 22,400, i'll have to show him that, maybe he's confused

LoveMyBaby786

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:50 am

Some of you have been saying to just send the documents without the certificate for his speaking test.. when he books and goes in for his appointment won't they check the documents or ask if he has all the required certificates? If he lies and says yes then if it comes to we have to appeal wont they ask why did he lie in the first place?
What would i do? I have no idea :/

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:34 pm

LoveMyBaby786 wrote:Some of you have been saying to just send the documents without the certificate for his speaking test.. when he books and goes in for his appointment won't they check the documents or ask if he has all the required certificates? If he lies and says yes then if it comes to we have to appeal wont they ask why did he lie in the first place?
He will be not asked why he hasn't presented certain docs when he goes into hand his application in. This will only happen when you are refused by the ECO when he looks at the documents when he decides to grant or refuse visa.

I think you are worrying to much and as a result will probably miss the deadline of 8/7

LoveMyBaby786

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:30 pm

I'm probably going to miss it anyway because we dont even know for definate if he has passed or failed the speaking test, if he fails and i still send off for the application then we could get in trouble because at the bottom of the certificate it has a date of when the certificate was issued :/

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:51 pm

Sorry love,but I don't think you're getting what people are saying to you :roll:

skstar

Post by skstar » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:00 pm

okay...

Regardless of if he passes/fails and you don't get the certificate in time.
Submit your file latest 6th July.

Why are you over analysing and making it so complicated for yourself?

If they refuse the case on the basis of the certificate.......then you submit certificate regrdless of what date is on it. All you will say is you forgot to attach.

:/

skstar

Post by skstar » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:01 pm

batleykhan wrote:
LoveMyBaby786 wrote:Some of you have been saying to just send the documents without the certificate for his speaking test.. when he books and goes in for his appointment won't they check the documents or ask if he has all the required certificates? If he lies and says yes then if it comes to we have to appeal wont they ask why did he lie in the first place?
He will be not asked why he hasn't presented certain docs when he goes into hand his application in. This will only happen when you are refused by the ECO when he looks at the documents when he decides to grant or refuse visa.

I think you are worrying to much and as a result will probably miss the deadline of 8/7

Deadline of 8/7???

gali1982
Newly Registered

Post by gali1982 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:57 pm

Hi

I am in the same position as you Hun my husband is also waiting for his results through city and guilds. Its a nightmare having to call different departments in the UK and Sri Lanka and they not being able to help. He did sit the test on the 30th May 2012 so a little later then your husband. UK city & Guilds are saying it should take 27 days and Sri Lanka office 8 weeks (confusing right).

I have been advised for my husband to just apply before 9th July 2012 and then when the case goes to appeal we should present the certificate. It is going to drag the case on for more months and I am also expecting my first baby in November so not trying to stress.

Inshallah everything will be ok just hope for the best. Good luck with your application