ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kid13

Post by kid13 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:11 pm

We wanted to apply in person, but there were no appointments available in any of the offices until after my husbands visa expired (which was nearly 2 months away!). I'd say check when appointments are available before you cancel the postal app...

reetzk
Newly Registered

Post by reetzk » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:26 am

Hi, I found a PEO appointment for 1 Aug which is 6 days before my current visa expires(!). I've booked it anyway and will call UKBA tomorrow to see if I can withdraw my application before they process the payment.

What happens if I get rejected on 1 Aug? It's a very straight forward application in my view. I have all my payslips & my fiance's & evidence to show we've been living together for almost 3 years (bank statements, utility bills, council tax, DVLA reg doc etc). And my UK degree certificate to show I've met my English Language requirements. But a tiny bit of me always worry they will find something to catch me out. If I get rejected, do I have to leave the country?

neveragain
Newly Registered

January applications

Post by neveragain » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:54 am

Since there seems to be a trend suggesting January applications are now being processed I thought I'd add my own timeline for the information of all those still waiting.

Application posted: 14 January 2012
Biometrics appointment: 26 March 2012
Still waiting for decision and docs.

I would recommend all new applicants to go to a post office for their biometrics rather than wait for an appointment at a public enquiry office - if there is a delay. We didn't know about the post office route and waited quite a few weeks for the first available appointment at Lunar House, Croydon.

Last month I wrote to my MP and he duly received the unhelpful "in a queue" letter back from UKBA. I agree with one or two previous posters that the message needs to be sent out loud and clear to UKBA that this system is not working. I intend to write to Keith Vaz, Chairman of the Home Affairs Select Committee and copy this to my own MP + the Home Secretary. I am also considering trying to interest the media in this situation as their pressure is the likliest route for improvement.

Good luck to all.

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:07 pm

putney wrote:I've just got my passport back. My visa is on the way :)

Docs sent to HO: 23/01/12
Biometrics taken: 20/02/2012
Biometric Card: waiting (redelivery booked for 14/06/2012)
Passport arrived: 13/06/2012
Visa Type : FLR(M) for spouse
Visa From: Tier 4 Student

Good luck to everyone. Good bless my postman.
Hi putney, I see you applied for FLR(M) from Tier 4 student. I wanted to find out if UKBA looked into your records as a student ie your attendance. I wonder if they actually contact the uni ':shock:' I am worried about my attendance as i have not been attending ever since i put in my application for FLR(M). Please let me know if you have anything to add here from your experience. Cheers

Welshy
Newly Registered

Post by Welshy » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:58 pm

Afternoon folks,

My wife and I received a letter over the weekend. Can't say that it was the best news we hoped to receive. We had been chasing our local MP by e-mail and including Keith Vaz and Theresa May in the messages.

In the mail, I was continually referring to the UKBA website which, when you search for 'visa processing times' brings you to the most relevant search as follows: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ing-times/ If a new or existing applicant refers to that page, I'm sure you will agree that there is reason for us to think that our visa should have been processed by now. 12 weeks being the service standard for 95% of applications to be processed.

However, we received a letter confirming that our application on form FLR (M) is not considered a settlement visa and therefore, they aim to decide 95% of applications within 6 months and not 12 weeks. Therefore, they would aim to decide my wife's application toward the end of September.

This has been quite a blow to us as there is nowhere on the UKBA website, or in any correspondence from the UKBA, that gives you a timeline that states 6 months waiting time.

There is a note at the bottom of our letter that states if my wife requests her passport to be returned prior to a decision being made on her application, they (UKBA) will treat the application as withdrawn and the fee cannot be refunded.

Our timeline so far is as follows:
19/03 - Mailed application for FLR M
30/03 - Confirmation received of application (application dated 26/03)
02/04 - Payment taken by UKBA for application
07/04 - Biometrics request received
10/04 - Biometrics completed direct at Post Office
25/06 - No notification as to expected resolution
27/07 - When my wife is hoping to travel to the US for a family wedding
14/08 - When I am hoping to travel to the USA

Hope this gives an up to date picture of current waiting times and such. If anyone has received any different updates or timelines, it would be appreciated. Certainly in the respect that any similar situations that are moving along positively would be of great comfort to us.

Good luck,
Welshy

BigEasy

Post by BigEasy » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:41 pm

@Welshy It does echo this timeline on the UKBA site:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... tingtimes/

Welshy
Newly Registered

Post by Welshy » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:01 pm

BigEasy wrote:@Welshy It does echo this timeline on the UKBA site:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... tingtimes/
Cheers, BigEasy. In honesty, I've never come across that particular corner of the UKBA site before. Whenever I've searched in the top right corner of their homepage, I've always entered 'processing times' and not waiting times.

Ram_R
Newly Registered

Post by Ram_R » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:34 pm

What happens if I get rejected on 1 Aug?..........
..............If I get rejected, do I have to leave the country?
Reetzk, No you can appeal, if your appeal unsuccessful then you may have to leave, but i think u will be fine. Good Luck.

putney
Newly Registered

Post by putney » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:18 pm

[quote=Hi putney, I see you applied for FLR(M) from Tier 4 student. I wanted to find out if UKBA looked into your records as a student ie your attendance. I wonder if they actually contact the uni ':shock:' I am worried about my attendance as i have not been attending ever since i put in my application for FLR(M). Please let me know if you have anything to add here from your experience. Cheers[/quote]
Hi Still.Waiting,
By the time I applied for FLR (M) I already graduated and send my diploma to UKBA. I don't think they have the time to look into your attendence. They are too busy :)

neveragain
Newly Registered

January applications

Post by neveragain » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:04 pm

Just been on to my MP's office again. They called UKBA and spoke to the casework team who confirmed our application papers are with the team and "appear to be in order". They still didn't give a completion date though!!

Anyway, for what it's worth this may well be another sign that casework teams are indeed working through January right now.

Application posted: 14 January 2012
Biometrics: 26 March 2012 at Lunar House, Croydon.

Still.Waiting

Re: January applications

Post by Still.Waiting » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:38 pm

I wonder if all UKBA locations are working on Jan applications?

Anyone here applied through Sheffield ?

kid13

Post by kid13 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:25 pm

Still.Waiting, I don't understand... I thought all postal applications were dealt with centrally, and not by the regional offices where we could have applied in person... am I wrong??

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:21 pm

kid13 wrote:Still.Waiting, I don't understand... I thought all postal applications were dealt with centrally, and not by the regional offices where we could have applied in person... am I wrong??
To be honest, Im not sure myself I just assumed because I have been receiving correspondence from Sheffield and it very close to where I live. Maybe someone here can clarify that for us ?

fedupwaitingtoo
Newly Registered

FLR(M) waiting times

Post by fedupwaitingtoo » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:43 pm

Hello all

Some really good news my documents were returned today in the post. The enclosed letter saying the Bio card will be 7 to 10 days.

We are there.

My time line

Application sent 6th January 2012 with all documents.
Acknowledgment letter dater 31st Jan received 3rd Feb 2012.
Biometrics letter received 10th march 2012
Enrolled Biometrics Golders Green post office 13th March 2012.

Date BRP recieved : Still waiting.
Date documents received : 27th June 2012.

Application is fiance visa to FLR(M)

It does appear January post applications are comming out.

Good luck and all the best to everyone.

Thank you for this forum.

Sion
Newly Registered

Post by Sion » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:40 pm

Hi All.
I found ths forum so helpful knowing m not alone in ths looong waiting locked room. Its my prayer that we all succeed in our applications soon. Here is my timeline:
Document sent -----17/04/2012
Aknowledgement letter----27/04/2012
Biometrics letter dated----02/05/2012
Biometric enrolled at Canning Town PO 08/05/2012
Waiting……

Wish you all the best.

tommyc
Newly Registered

Post by tommyc » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:44 am

Still waiting from application posted 3rd March, Biometrics submitted 31st March. It does seem that they are being processed in order of Biometrics date - is anybody who submitted biometrics before 12th March still waiting?

Supposed to be in Spain this time next month.... :(

Good luck to everybody still waiting...

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:03 am

The applications will be processed in order of Date of Application and not Biometrics date. This is what I was told by the Home Office. It may be that some applications take longer than the others but thats how its done.
Biometrics is a part of application but the key date is when you applied.
tommyc wrote:Still waiting from application posted 3rd March, Biometrics submitted 31st March. It does seem that they are being processed in order of Biometrics date - is anybody who submitted biometrics before 12th March still waiting?

Supposed to be in Spain this time next month.... :(

Good luck to everybody still waiting...

tommyc
Newly Registered

Post by tommyc » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:48 am

hi bobobo,
that would certainly be the fairest approach, but out of curiosity I compared the application, biometric, and approval dates of recent applicants and it just seems that those who applied early january yet had a delay before submitting biometrics until mid march have received their documents at the same time as this who applied end of january/early february but did biometrics at the same time. There does seem to be a trend, but as you say it may just be coincidence.

Just trying to think positive![/quote]

tommyc
Newly Registered

Post by tommyc » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:59 am

Just found this on ukba website - it only relates to Tier 1 applications (NOT FLR M) but it does suggest that they work by biometric date:
This page gives details of the processing time for applications made under Tier 1 (General) of the points-based system.

We are currently considering applications where the applicant attended a biometric appointment on or before 28 May.

Please note that this date is only a guideline. Some cases may take longer to consider.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:04 pm

I hope thats the case too, my wife submitted her application on 23 feb and took her biometrics on the 29 of March so wither ways we should hear something positive soon.
tommyc wrote:hi bobobo,
that would certainly be the fairest approach, but out of curiosity I compared the application, biometric, and approval dates of recent applicants and it just seems that those who applied early january yet had a delay before submitting biometrics until mid march have received their documents at the same time as this who applied end of january/early february but did biometrics at the same time. There does seem to be a trend, but as you say it may just be coincidence.

Just trying to think positive!
[/quote]

FLR M waiting time

Post by 2222 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:37 pm

My time line:

FLR M applied 0n 27th February
Biometric letter: 16th March
Biometric completed in Glasgow: 28th March
Document return: still waiting
Biometric card: still waiting

4 month yesterday and I am still waiting!!!!!!!!!

Please keep updating this Forum.

ritz78
Newly Registered

Our Timeline

Post by ritz78 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:55 pm

My Timeline for my wifes FLRM VISA

FLRM applied On 25th February
Acknowledgement letter received 27th February
Biometric letter: 19th March
Biometric completed in post office Holborn: 29th March
Document return: still waiting
Biometric card: still waiting

Now heres an interesting thing!
I needed to go urgently to Barcelona on June 1st. I as the sponsor am a British passport holder.

I requested through my MP if i could get my passport returned as the sponsor and NOT my wifes and it NOT affecting our application. Also do it it via your MP so their is a clear audit trail and someone else can verify the UKBA'S answer.

I got my passport along with a letter from UKBA saying a copy has been retained with the initial application and you are not required to return it to the UKBA unless requested to do so by a case worker.

So there is hope if you need your passport urgently but only as the sponsor without affecting the process and after at least 3 months from initial submission

The key was i didn't pressure them as I said i know it may take longer but only want my (the sponsors) passport returned.

The fact is it could take up to six months for the visa to come through so there is no point worrying about it. After 6 months you have every right to chase the UKBA.

POIUYU
Newly Registered

Post by POIUYU » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:21 pm

Hi Ritz78,

Can you tell me how long it took to get your passport once you requested to the Home Office.

Thanks

rockstar1
Newly Registered

MY TIME LINE SO FAR

Post by rockstar1 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:26 pm

**** Updated:
My time line is here and I will keep updating it as soon as I get update.

Application Submitted: 12/06/2012
Application Received: 13/06/2012
Visa fees taken from my account: 22/06/2012
Acknowledgement Letter: 25/06/2012 (Letter Dated: 21/06/2012)
Biometrics Letter: 06/08/2012 ; Letter Dated: 02/08/2012
Biometrics Given: 06/08/2012
Decision letter: Waiting

To: FLR(M)
I hope I will get my positive decision soon ;)
Last edited by rockstar1 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kid13

Post by kid13 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:38 pm

Out of interest, has anyone who applied within the last three months (March or after) received their visa/outcome?