ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 1 (GENERAL) to TIER 4 STUDENT

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raveen26
Newly Registered

TIER 1 (GENERAL) to TIER 4 STUDENT

Post by raveen26 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:02 pm

What are the chances that i can switch from Tier 1 Gen to Tier 4 Student.

I have been on tier 1 for 2 years and not eligible to extend it as i have not bee able to earn enough to secure an extension.

I just read on UKBA that i will have to switch visa from outside UK as in country application is not permitted.

Can anyone please guide me regarding this and what are the chances of success?
Any response will be highly appreciated

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:01 am

What is switching?

Tier 4 policy guidance
Applying from outside the UK

100% if you meet the requirements.
0% otherwise.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

raveen26
Newly Registered

tier4

Post by raveen26 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:24 pm

sushdmehta wrote:What is switching?

Tier 4 policy guidance
Applying from outside the UK

100% if you meet the requirements.
0% otherwise.
hi
well i have been in uk for 8 years
4 years on student visa for bachelors which included 12 months placement during the course
2 years psw
2 years tier 1 genral

now i can not extend tier 1 general as i wont make enough points
but i am going to study masters in london for which i will have to file visa from home country and the masters is for 2 years.

i have student loan which is enough to pay my 2 years fees and funds requiremnts.

what are the chances of succces if i file Tier 4 from home.

another reason under all visa categories you can file visa from uk but if you are on tier1 general you need to file from home country.

why is that?

s.uk
BANNED

Post by s.uk » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:48 pm

basicaly you dont want to study u want to spent your 2 more year for ILR mate it will not work UKBA are not bonkers

raveen26
Newly Registered

tier 4

Post by raveen26 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:52 pm

s.uk wrote:basicaly you dont want to study u want to spent your 2 more year for ILR mate it will not work UKBA are not bonkers
why you think it wont work. if i have spent £25k on my bachelors, worked in the skilled job in the past and now paying £18k for masters.
finished my previous degree on time .

and now if i want to masters and obviously if i am spending so much money in mine and uk interest, why should it not work?

and if i just wanted ILR i could have done by spending £18k to extend my Tier1 instead of spending on masters?

s.uk
BANNED

Post by s.uk » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:11 pm

UK Governemnt does not Guarantee for any student who spent 25/50k on there studies for there future its your investing for your own benifit so why are you mooning for and u dont have any choice left to exent your visa so want to come back as student and study master if your so skill full go back to your country and earn that much hope all settlenment for Temp skilled worker will stop by 2016

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:22 pm

s.uk wrote:UK Governemnt does not Guarantee for any student who spent 25/50k on there studies for there future its your investing for your own benifit so why are you mooning for and u dont have any choice left to exent your visa so want to come back as student and study master if your so skill full go back to your country and earn that much hope all settlenment for Temp skilled worker will stop by 2016
If OP meets the rules, they will grant the visa. Simple as that. It is not for the UKBA to determine a person's motives in this case. There should really be no problem in getting the visa as long as when you finish your masters you would have spent not more than 6 years studying. Good luck.

s.uk
BANNED

Post by s.uk » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:37 pm

As i told you UKBA and Home Office know the applicant motive of getting visa they are not stupid as we think they we are in 2012 not in 2000s were last government just open the door for mass immgration even you dont know english and studing in Uk as PHD/Masters

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:08 pm

Everyone who spend 10 years legally in UK have right to claim ILR and this right is provided by UK government through Immigration Laws to attract/lure immigrants to stay in a country like UK for 10 years. Otherwise nobody bother to stay in UK for 10 years especially professionals who forced to pay one of the highest tax rate.i.e.40%. There are many places in this world which are tax free plus have more comfortable lifestyle than UK.

Getting ILR in UK is not a crime exclusively when a candidate comes through legitimate routes as they already spend alot of time and money.

raveen26
Newly Registered

tier4

Post by raveen26 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:28 pm

Deviser wrote:Everyone who spend 10 years legally in UK have right to claim ILR and this right is provided by UK government through Immigration Laws to attract/lure immigrants to stay in a country like UK for 10 years. Otherwise nobody bother to stay in UK for 10 years especially professionals who forced to pay one of the highest tax rate.i.e.40%. There are many places in this world which are tax free plus have more comfortable lifestyle than UK.

Getting ILR in UK is not a crime exclusively when a candidate comes through legitimate routes as they already spend alot of time and money.
Deviser what you think of my case, you think if i make 40 points would i be granted a tier 4 and why do i need to file from home country?

s.uk
BANNED

Post by s.uk » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:46 am

why you want to spent your time and money in uk Yes there places in the world which treat you like professional donkeys Like middle east there are no taxes you enjoy a better lifestyle as a slave of Arabs no right nothing even u spent your whole life Being a Standing Member if you have compalin about our tax rates pack your bag and leave no one is holding you

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:16 am

s.uk,

Please refrain from making offensive posts. This is not the place for you to judge people or mock/ridicule them. It has already been suggested that you should not to respond to queries with inaccurate information.

Do not post in a topic where there is nothing of value that you contribute or where the only response you can give is based on your preconceived notions or bias or ignorance or arrogance.
Last edited by geriatrix on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:23 am

raveen6,

you need to understand that if you fulfil the requirements, your application will be successful. Else, it will fail.

So the question "what is my chance" is irrelevant because the "chance" is wholly and solely dependent on you fulfilling the requirements - and accordingly it can either be 100% or 0%.

Deviser

Re: tier4

Post by Deviser » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:04 pm

raveen26 wrote:Deviser what you think of my case, you think if i make 40 points would i be granted a tier 4 and why do i need to file from home country?
If you did'nt do anything wrong in your previous 8 years stay and can clear the General Grounds of Refusal, I dont see any reason that your Tier-4 application can be refused on the course you stated, (i.e Masters degree after UK honours) as long as you fullfil all other requirements.

If Tier-4 law do not allow you to switch in-country, you have to go to your home country to make visa application. This is just not for you only everybody needs to follow whatever the law says.

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:53 pm

s.uk wrote:why you want to spent your time and money in uk Yes there places in the world which treat you like professional donkeys Like middle east there are no taxes you enjoy a better lifestyle as a slave of Arabs no right nothing even u spent your whole life Being a Standing Member if you have compalin about our tax rates pack your bag and leave no one is holding you
Nobody request UK governement to make settlements law for immigrants. Its UK government who want professionals to stay in UK permanantly and providing/luring them with settelment rights and it was also UK government who were stopping international students to leave UK through various schemes like HSMP, SEGS, IGS, FTS, in past.

Professionals are working everywhere like donkeys including UK. They are slaves of their employers either Arabs, English, Indians, Americans whoever. I have seen many English people living and working in UAE and enjoy their personal and professional life since a long time. They have all the rights to live their lives as good as they can.

Yes, those countries do not provide right of settlement/ILR/passports but the reality is they are not taking anything from you to give it back to you. Whatever you are earning its 100% yours they are not charging anything like National Insurance and 40% Taxes like UK government. So they don't provide settlements schemes like UK. UK is providing what they actually get paid for.

s.uk
BANNED

Post by s.uk » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:21 pm

I am not making any offensive posts when people mooning about our tax rates sp Standing Member yes over taxes rates are high but we do offer free Primary Education,NHS,Securtiy which u dont get else where in Middle East where there is no taxes but u have to pay hell lots of money on your child education and Health Service plus its not up to the expectation People Attracted towards UK just for Benifits and Perveliage of being a British.So i want to say that England is a Country not a Garbage bin so you can pour all the garbage of the world in UK

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:33 pm

There is no one whining in this topic other than you, and the spiel was your own doing. Everyone else who has posted in this topic have responded in context of the immigration queries posted by the OP (other than the ones I am being forced to write to advise you to refrain from your continuing habit).

So, for the last time, refrain from responding to queries unless you can provide an accurate response to the query asked .. and without the whining overtones.

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:48 am

s.uk wrote:I am not making any offensive posts when people mooning about our tax rates sp Standing Member yes over taxes rates are high but we do offer free Primary Education,NHS,Securtiy which u dont get else where in Middle East where there is no taxes but u have to pay hell lots of money on your child education and Health Service plus its not up to the expectation People Attracted towards UK just for Benifits and Perveliage of being a British.So i want to say that England is a Country not a Garbage bin so you can pour all the garbage of the world in UK

S.UK

Please correct your English before commenting on some body else.

It's moaning NOT mooning.

Just chill......

s.uk
BANNED

Post by s.uk » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:02 pm

Will you stop Barking like a Mad Dog AUHS or i have to report to RSPAC