ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query Tier 1 general extension (when can i apply)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SKJMR

Query Tier 1 general extension (when can i apply)

Post by SKJMR » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:08 pm

Hi,

I got 2 questions.

1. I got my first initial tier1 general visa on 01 feb 2010 in india
then came to Uk on 25 feb 2010 ( after 25 days)
in order to apply for extension and also baring in mind about ILR, we cannot apply 28 days before and we need to stay 5 years for ILR. now that i came after 25 days i lost 1 month, so when exactly i can apply for extension...in order to meet my ILR requirements

2. since my visa expired in 01 feb, and it says we can show for previous earnings they consider 12 consecutive months over last 15 months before your visa validity date expires, so my questions is can i show from nov-oct and then apply for visa in jan , please any information about thesse 2 questions let me know...

thanks and best regards
SKJ

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Query Tier 1 general extension (when can i apply)

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:31 pm

SKJMR wrote:1. I got my first initial tier1 general visa on 01 feb 2010 in india then came to Uk on 25 feb 2010 ( after 25 days). in order to apply for extension and also baring in mind about ILR, we cannot apply 28 days before and we need to stay 5 years for ILR. now that i came after 25 days i lost 1 month, so when exactly i can apply for extension...in order to meet my ILR requirements
See Q5 under the following sticky which explains the concession given to those who enter late, but within 3 months of EC:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=79378
SKJMR wrote:2. since my visa expired in 01 feb, and it says we can show for previous earnings they consider 12 consecutive months over last 15 months before your visa validity date expires, so my questions is can i show from nov-oct and then apply for visa in jan.
I presume you mean't to say your visa expires on Feb 1st (next year) above & not that it has already expired? Applications for leave to remain, i.e. your extension must be before your current leave expires for it to be considered an in-time application. Otherwise your ILR clock will be reset. With regards to the previous earnings period, Nov 2011 - Oct 2012 will be fine if applying in January 2013 so long as the calendar month periods are within the 15 months prior to your actual application date (You have not specified explicit dates here to provide a more explicit response).

SKJMR

Post by SKJMR » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:05 pm

if my visa expires on 1st feb 2013... and applying for extension on (say) jan 26th

so will oct 2011-sep 2012 ( PAY SLIPS) will be ok (

or

nov 2011 - oct 2012 will be ok

which 15 months period will be ok...to be precise... considering if applying for visa on 26th jan 2013...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:19 pm

Any consecutive 12 month period between 26-Oct-11 and 25-Jan-13 will be fine. Choose one that suits you best.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!