ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Housing council tax rules?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

patman1

Housing council tax rules?

Post by patman1 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:27 pm

Hi
Having problems trying to claim housing and council tax benefit, i have explained that my partner is here for a marriage visa, now there saying the following

Housing benefit for couples where one has limited leave/Marriage visa.

A member of a couple who has limited leave (and so who would be ineligible for HB/CTB if they were single) but whose partner is eligible for HB/CTB (e.g. a British Citizen) can receive HB/CTB provided that their partner makes the claim. Partner here means a spouse/registered civil partner or a person who is living with them as if they are their spouse/civil partner.

For the claim to be valid both members must provide a national insurance number (or at least to have applied for one) As your partner has not supplied a national insuraance number i cannot grant your claim.

can anyone please give advise??, i have phoned them and said look you carnt work while on this type of visa and they said theses are the rules......
can you please offer any advise
thanks all

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:01 pm

Please continue under one topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!