ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Interview Location Issue

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zackisback06

Passport Interview Location Issue

Post by zackisback06 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:09 am

I'm currently in the process of obtaining my first British Passport through my father's bloodline due to him being a British Citizen other than by descent. Recently asked me to send in additional documents on my father's behalf, which I did. After the documents were received by the British Embassy in D.C. they told me that my father needs to come to Washington D.C. for an interview two weeks from today. The problem is my Dad doesn't want to come in foe the interview because he doesn't live anywhere close to D.C. Due to him living in the Midwest currently. How do we get the terview moved to a closer location or get pass the interview requirement all together?

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:41 pm

Contact British embassy in DC.

zackisback06

Post by zackisback06 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:26 am

What should I say once I contact the British Embassy in D.C.

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:03 am

zackisback06 wrote:What should I say once I contact the British Embassy in D.C.
"The problem is my Dad doesn't want to come in foe the interview because he doesn't live anywhere close to D.C. Due to him living in the Midwest currently. How do we get the interview moved to a closer location or get pass the interview requirement all together?"