ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT CLARIFICATION

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tayyabmohamed
Newly Registered

URGENT CLARIFICATION

Post by tayyabmohamed » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:05 pm

Dear Madam/ Sir,

I am about to make an application for an ILR in the next few months. I have 2 very specific queries which I was hoping to get more info on. It will be great if you could kindly assist me with the following 2 queries.

1. Most of my earnings are in Dividends. I am planning to submit my dividend vouchers for all the payments and bank statements along with these. My dividend vouchers however do not mention net dividends, they only mention Tax Credits and Dividend Payable. The Dividend Payable is the actual dividend that is paid out. The guidance says that it must clearly mention Gross and Net. As this is a standard software generated voucher it does not list Gross and Net. It only shows Dividend Payable and Tax credits.
The dividend payable is the amount shown on the bank statements. I pay my taxes on this at the end of the year. Please would you kindly let me know if this is acceptable. If yes, what is the actual figure considered is it the Dividend payable amount or the Gross (i.e. Dividend payable+ Tax credits).

2. . In one case there has been a late payment where I got 3 months salaries at a later date. I do have the 3 payslips and the bank statements shows that the 3 payments have been made together. Will this be an issue?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Tayyab Mohamed
[/quote][/b]
Last edited by tayyabmohamed on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

tayyabmohamed
Newly Registered

Post by tayyabmohamed » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:20 pm

Any ideas people?

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Re: URGENT CLARIFICATION

Post by aliq09 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:45 pm

Hi ,

Asked your accoutant to make dividend vouchers as per guide line showing net and gross dividend with tax credit mention . Div net amount should be the same as in your personal account . Home office consider Gross dividend .

For the salary case , get yourself a letter from accoutant confirming the salary each month and deposited in one go .

Good luck mate!

tayyabmohamed wrote:Dear Madam/ Sir,

I am about to make an application for an ILR in the next few months. I have 2 very specific queries which I was hoping to get more info on. It will be great if you could kindly assist me with the following 2 queries.

1. Most of my earnings are in Dividends. I am planning to submit my dividend vouchers for all the payments and bank statements along with these. My dividend vouchers however do not mention net dividends, they only mention Tax Credits and Dividend Payable. The Dividend Payable is the actual dividend that is paid out. The guidance says that it must clearly mention Gross and Net. As this is a standard software generated voucher it does not list Gross and Net. It only shows Dividend Payable and Tax credits.
The dividend payable is the amount shown on the bank statements. I pay my taxes on this at the end of the year. Please would you kindly let me know if this is acceptable. If yes, what is the actual figure considered is it the Dividend payable amount or the Gross (i.e. Dividend payable+ Tax credits).

2. I take a nominal salary of £7200 per annum (for taxation benefits). In one case there has been a late payment where I got 3 months salaries at a later date. I do have the 3 payslips and the bank statements shows that the 3 payments have been made together. Will this be an issue?

For E.g. The salary for April (£600), May(£600) and June (£600) have been paid in June. So the june statements show a payment of £1800. I do have all the payslips.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Tayyab Mohamed
[/b][/quote]
Thanks

Ali

tayyabmohamed
Newly Registered

Post by tayyabmohamed » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:56 am

Thanks for your reply aliq09. So i guess Ill just have to create ones detailing these.

The salary issue is resolved now.

Just one quick question. As a director of a ltd company (50% partner) with voting rights. Am I classed as employed or self employed by the hoime office. There seems to be some confusion as I am actually an employee of my own company and my accountant says the same thing. However when I ring Homeoffice theyinsist that i am Self Employed. Any ideas?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:25 pm

From UKBA's perspective:
Introduction wrote:Under Part 6A of these Rules, "Self-Employed" means an applicant is registered as self-employed with HM Revenue & Customs, or is employed by a company of which the applicant is a controlling shareholder.
From HMRC's perspective, you are holder of an office and not an employee unless a contract of employment has been drawn up.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tayyabmohamed
Newly Registered

Post by tayyabmohamed » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:30 pm

Thank for the reply sushdmehta!

I am still not completely clear. The reason for my question is for the following reason:

Evidence of earnings requires 2 corroborating pieces of evidence. In my case will Dividend vouchers + bank statements + letter from my accountant suffice?

It is specified in the guidance that for "self employed" ppl you would need a few more bits like:
- invoices, business bank statements (all this in addition to the above mentioned).

Hence I really need to establish what my status is. Though I am not registered as self employed i do pay taxes under self assessment like most other who work like this!

Gosh! only if all this was a little easier to understand!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:03 pm

Your status, for immigration purposes, is - a "self-employed" Tier 1 (General) migrant.
For immigration purposes, forget about how HMRC classifies you.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!