ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Finances section

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pullikanti

Finances section

Post by pullikanti » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:48 am

Hi,
I have lived in UK (with my husband as dependant) for 5 years on Tier 1 (General) visa.
I have booked for PEO for ILR next month.

I have one doubt in filling SET(0) application form.

In Section 5 - Your Home and Finances - 'Does a relative or friend of you or your partner, or both of you, regularly give you money?'
Does the rules say that we should not take money from relative, friend or partner?

Actually the rent of our house is deducted from my husband's salary as this house is rented from the estate department of the organisation where my husband works. So, they deduct the rent before paying him salary every month.
Also, our water bill is in the name of my husband and gets debited from his bank accout every month.
Please note that I earn enough money to pay rent and water bill as well. But we gave his account for water bill because we thought we can use water bills as proof for cohabitation.

So, does this mean that my partner(husband) regurly give me money? If so, will that be a problem in getting ILR granted? Can we provide his payslips (showing the rent deducted) and the water bill as proof of this?

Thanks in advance.

Smam

Post by Smam » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:55 am

Hi

It wont affect your husbands ILR. There's no such rules which says that if you are taking any kind of financial assistance from your friend,relative or partner it wont affect your ILR as long as you are not claiming any recourse to public funds.

Hope this will answer your question.

Good luck for your ILR.

pullikanti

Post by pullikanti » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:07 am

Thank you very much for the reply.

Can we provide his payslips (showing the rent deducted) and the water bill as proof of this?

Also, in Section 11- Documents - They are asking prroof of our finances. Should we provide all the utility bills, council tax bills, and my husband's payslips (where rent id deducted) as prroof for this? Or just just providing the back statements which shows the amount deducted regurly for bills is enough?

Smam

Post by Smam » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:18 am

pullikanti wrote:Thank you very much for the reply.

Can we provide his payslips (showing the rent deducted) and the water bill as proof of this?

Also, in Section 11- Documents - They are asking prroof of our finances. Should we provide all the utility bills, council tax bills, and my husband's payslips (where rent id deducted) as prroof for this? Or just just providing the back statements which shows the amount deducted regurly for bills is enough?
Hi

I think when your husband will apply for ILR your husband should have to submit his 12 months payslips to claim salary points as you've mentioned that your husband is on Tier 1 General Visa.

Well proof of finances are your bank statements not the utility bills or your rent. That's a pre requisite thing that you pay utility bills and offcourse you have to pay rent for your house or your mortgage proof of finances means the earnings your husband is getting and this can be proved only by showing his bank statements as I my self dont know any other way on the top of my head.

Good luck for your husbands ILR.

pullikanti

Post by pullikanti » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:36 am

Hi,
I am sorry you got it wrong. I am on Tier 1 (General) and my husband is my dependant. And we both are applying for ILR at the same time.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:01 am

Someone giving you money and money (on account of rent for accommodation arranged by employer) being deducted from someone's salary are two different things!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Smam

Post by Smam » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:02 am

Hi

Oh I do really applogize for the miss understanding then you dont need to show your husbands payslips at the time of your ILR as its not required as I've already explained in my previous post that as long as you're not claiming any benefits or your husband is not claiming any benefits then it shouldn't be a problem for your ILR.

Please do kindly share your PEO experience with us on the forum.

Good luck for your ILR.

pullikanti

Post by pullikanti » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:28 am

Smam wrote:Hi

Oh I do really applogize for the miss understanding then you dont need to show your husbands payslips at the time of your ILR as its not required as I've already explained in my previous post that as long as you're not claiming any benefits or your husband is not claiming any benefits then it shouldn't be a problem for your ILR.

Good luck for your ILR.
Thank you all for the above replies.
Sorry, I am still not clear on this question-
Since my husband ( who is my dependant partner) pays for the rent and water bills, should I provide his pay slips and water bill as proof of this? His pay slips clearly show the rent deducted. And for water bill, should I provide the water bills or his bank statements showing the amount deducted for water bill.

Thak you and sorry for the confusion.

joh892

Post by joh892 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:02 pm

As long as your salary is enough to earn the required points then no need to worry whether you paid the rent from your salary or your husbands. Because you are the main applicant and your husband is your dependant, you are the one to prove you qualify for ILR.

For that section of the application form, although your husband pays for the rent and bills, it doesnt mean you receive benefits or help from a friend.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:28 pm

pullikanti wrote:
Smam wrote:Hi

Good luck for your ILR.
Thank you all for the above replies.
Sorry, I am still not clear on this question-
Since my husband ( who is my dependant partner) pays for the rent and water bills, should I provide his pay slips and water bill as proof of this? His pay slips clearly show the rent deducted. And for water bill, should I provide the water bills or his bank statements showing the amount deducted for water bill.

Thak you and sorry for the confusion.
What you need to do is this:
Evidence of your finances. If you have to complete section 5, bank statements, building society savings book(s), pay slips or other formal documents as evidence of your ability to maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependants without recourse to public funds.
Now how do you prove that you can accommodate yourself and any dependants without recourse to public funds? Well, by providing bank statements showing sufficient savings, regular income credit into your Bank account (which you would have provided in support of the earnings criteria). It is really that simple.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:30 pm

The SET (O) form also prescribes:
The documents showing the finances available to you and to any person supporting you should cover
at least the last 3 months.
regards,
push

pullikanti

Post by pullikanti » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:38 pm

Thank you all for the replies provided. It is really very helpful.
Once I attend ILR, I will tell how it went on.

pullikanti

Post by pullikanti » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:30 pm

Hi,
I have stayed 5 years in UK with combination of HSMP (2 years) and Tier 1(General) (3 years)

1) In Form SET(O), in Section 11-Question 11G, they are asking
"If you are employed, document(s) showing your economic activity and your personal earnings during your stay in the UK."
What proof should I provide for this? Are the bank statements and pay slips for the last five years enough?

2) And in Question 11L, they are asking
"For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules."
What proof should I provide for this? Since I was on HSMP for 2 years before I switched to Tier 1 (General), is the HSMP approval letter enough?

3) Also, as evidence for "Finances", "Previour Earnings" and "economic activity", are the payslips and bank statements enough? Or P60 is also mandatory.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:25 pm

pullikanti wrote:Hi,
I have stayed 5 years in UK with combination of HSMP (2 years) and Tier 1(General) (3 years)

1) In Form SET(O), in Section 11-Question 11G, they are asking
"If you are employed, document(s) showing your economic activity and your personal earnings during your stay in the UK."
What proof should I provide for this? Are the bank statements and pay slips for the last five years enough?

"For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules."
What proof should I provide for this? Since I was on HSMP for 2 years before I switched to Tier 1 (General), is the HSMP approval letter enough?

3) Also, as evidence for "Finances", "Previour Earnings" and "economic activity", are the payslips and bank statements enough? Or P60 is also mandatory.
Why are you even responding to 11G?
regards,
push

pullikanti

Post by pullikanti » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:36 pm

Because, I was in UK for the first two years on HSMP.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:42 pm

pullikanti wrote:Because, I was in UK for the first two years on HSMP.
But you are not applying for ILR under HSMP. You have stated that you are applying as a Tier 1 General Migrant. Therefore the section relevant to you is 11L.

Section 3 asks which category you are applying under, you must select the correct category here, to ensure that you complete the sections of the form that are relevant to you.

pullikanti

Post by pullikanti » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:24 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
pullikanti wrote:Because, I was in UK for the first two years on HSMP.
But you are not applying for ILR under HSMP. You have stated that you are applying as a Tier 1 General Migrant. Therefore the section relevant to you is 11L.

Section 3 asks which category you are applying under, you must select the correct category here, to ensure that you complete the sections of the form that are relevant to you.
Yes, you are correct. Sorry I was confused. I have to fill section 11L only. Thank you for pointing out this.

Can you please answer my questions 2) and 3) below.

3) Also, as evidence for "Finances", "Previour Earnings" are the payslips and bank statements enough? Or P60 is also mandatory.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:47 pm

pullikanti wrote:Yes, you are correct. Sorry I was confused. I have to fill section 11L only. Thank you for pointing out this.
Can you please answer my questions 2) and 3) below.

3) Also, as evidence for "Finances", "Previour Earnings" are the payslips and bank statements enough? Or P60 is also mandatory.
For Q2) your approval letter (indicating the points awarded) should be sufficient.
For previous earnings, bank statements and payslips covering the period you are claiming points for will be sufficient. For finances, your most recent bank statements will be sufficient (The purpose here is to show that you can support yourself & any dependents without recourse to public funds). P60's will be useful to show that you were economically active throughout your 5 years of residence. Note that these are not mandatory, but some CW's have asked to see these, so I would recommend that you have these at hand. See Q14 under the following sticky & also take a look through other relevant information which is posted: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=79378

pullikanti

Post by pullikanti » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:24 am

Thank you very for your reply.
It is very useful.

pullikanti

Post by pullikanti » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:30 pm

Hi,
One more small query -
I have last 12 months original bank statements.

But to be on safe side, I am planning to take the remaining bank statements for last 5 years as well. Anyway, I dont have the originals for these and planning to print them from online. Is it necessary to get the stamp on each of these statements from bank?

Thanks in advance.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:28 pm

pullikanti wrote:But to be on safe side, I am planning to take the remaining bank statements for last 5 years as well. Anyway, I dont have the originals for these and planning to print them from online. Is it necessary to get the stamp on each of these statements from bank?
Bank statement for all 5 years is really going over the top & not required, but it is ultimately up to you what you take with you. From my perspective P60's for the 5 years will be sufficient.

Answering the question of certification of statements, any online statement you use as evidence for your application must be certified as authentic according to the application guidelines, if taking online printouts of your P60's I'd have these certified by your employer.

pullikanti

Post by pullikanti » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:30 pm

Thank you.