ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HTB/CB for british person and adding partner onto claim

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

john1974
Newly Registered

HTB/CB for british person and adding partner onto claim

Post by john1974 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:03 pm

Hello
I am new person first time posting, i read this you gave to another person

as long as you don't claim additional benefits due to your wife being in the UK (i.e. if you are granted HB it is as a single person, not as a couple) then this won't have any bearing on your wife's application. It is correct that you need to declare your wife's income as part of your application.

I went today to my Local council and explained that i get HB/CTB and that my spouse is here on a visa and they told me that they cannot process my claim as a single person, i am the person claiming and they said your partner has to go on your claim, and they dont have a National Insurance Number so they have to do checks to see if they have one, even when i explained they dont and the reason why, which they said once it comes back as no we can process your claim, but we have to add your partner to that claim, i am some what confused here as i kept saying they have no recourse to public funds and all they said was well we have to add them on your claim and it might have an effect on there immigration status if you apply for anythng further we have to tell you this by law, where do i stand here as i'm totally confused as she went on to say you should get full HB/CTB in your name, but will it mean my partner is also claiming the benefit as they cannot, how can you claim as a single person if your adding your partner onto your claim? Thank you

john1974
Newly Registered

Re: HTB/CB for british person and adding partner onto claim

Post by john1974 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:30 am

john1974 wrote:Hello
I am new person first time posting, i read this you gave to another person

as long as you don't claim additional benefits due to your wife being in the UK (i.e. if you are granted HB it is as a single person, not as a couple) then this won't have any bearing on your wife's application. It is correct that you need to declare your wife's income as part of your application.

I went today to my Local council and explained that i get HB/CTB and that my spouse is here on a visa and they told me that they cannot process my claim as a single person, i am the person claiming and they said your partner has to go on your claim, and they dont have a National Insurance Number so they have to do checks to see if they have one, even when i explained they dont and the reason why, which they said once it comes back as no we can process your claim, but we have to add your partner to that claim, i am some what confused here as i kept saying they have no recourse to public funds and all they said was well we have to add them on your claim and it might have an effect on there immigration status if you apply for anythng further we have to tell you this by law, where do i stand here as i'm totally confused as she went on to say you should get full HB/CTB in your name, but will it mean my partner is also claiming the benefit as they cannot, how can you claim as a single person if your adding your partner onto your claim? Thank you
I AM POSTING AN UPDATE TO SEE IF ANYONE CAN HELP HERE PLEASE
Hi All
I was sent this by a member
The requirement for all parties on a HB/CTB claim to have a national insurance number was removed in April 2009 - get the to check their regs. I'm away from home at the moment so unfortunately I don't have the exact reference to hand, they should know this on there systems,
It reads like this
when jobcentre plus receive form DCI1 from the L.A (Local Authority) if they cannot trace a NINO for the individual they will undertake ab evidence of identity, and establish wether the partner is entitied to a NINO in the UK, Jobcentre plus will
Refuse to allocate a NINO
annotate the comments box with IMMIGRATION STATUS INVALID
refurn form DCI 1 to the L.A advising that a NINO has been refused
To pay the HB/CTB claims where the partners NINO has been refused due to immigration ststus invalid you will need to enter the partners NINO onto your IT systems suing the prefix letters OO followed by six numbers and then the letter A, as some HB/CTB it systems require a unique reference number we have not specified whuch numbers should be used
The change does not affect the HB/CTB payment regulations and the claim should still be treated and paid as a couple
in all other cases where a NINO has been refused the HB/CTB claim should be disalloed under normal procedures as the couple have not satisfied section 1 1B

I DONT KNOW THESES RULES YET ALOME UNDERSTAND THEM, IF YOUR HERE ON A VISA DO YOU THIHK IT WILL COME BACK AS ANY OF THE FOLLOWING ABOVE, THE IMMIGRATION STATUS INVLID. AS MY PARTNER WILL HAVE A VISA AND AGAIN WILL THIS BE TREATED AS A COUPLE CLAIMS? REMEMBER I HAVE TO CLAIM AS A SINGLE PERSON, IF ANY ONE WHO KNOWS ANYTHING ON THIS MATTER CAN HELP PLEASE LET ME KNOW, THANK YOU FOR GUYS!!