ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

[RANT] Passport delivery

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AlexS

[RANT] Passport delivery

Post by AlexS » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:00 pm

Sorry, this is just a bit of a rant.

I attended the passport interview on Saturday 23rd of June, and according to the timelines here, I estimated that my passport will be delivered Tuesday 26th or Wednesday 27th. Nothing happened, so on Thursday 28th I enquired to IPS through the form.
On Friday afternoon, I got a response from IPS, confirming that "DX Secure attempted delivery of your passport on the 26/06/2012."
They passed me a reference number, I went to DX site, and sure enough, they have had my passport for 4 days. Also, I found a letter from them in my mailbox telling me they have my passport and and asking me to contact them to reschedule delivery.

Now, supposing they actually attempted delivery (there was only a short window of time when nobody was at home that Tuesday), then why the **** didn't they leave a card? How come they send a *letter* (delivered by DX themselves), that arrived 4 days later? (on Friday)?
I talked to DX "customer support", and the uninterested lady said they don't leave the passport if the mailbox is in a communal area. Fine, but what don't leave a card then? I offered the lady to collect my passport myself from one of their depots (something they actually offer in their site), but she said I could do that only on Monday.
So in the end I had to reschedule a deliver for Monday (and they wanted an extra £6 for deliver before 12pm!!!)

This caused me a few problems, because I have booked some travel to America for 12/7 (this itself is not a problem because the tickets are flexible and I can cancel with no penalty if I want), but I needed to book some other domestic flights in America, and the 14 days advance fare was gone by Tursday (so now it's more expensive), and also an airbnb property I was looking into was gone today.

As I said, nothing very important, just to vent out some frustration. All this could be so much simple, with just an email with the reference number when the passport is handled to DX, or if they actually leave a card when they cannot deliver.
-----
Alex

Jully
Newly Registered

similar experience with supporting docs

Post by Jully » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:28 am

I am pretty sure DX secure do not even try to deliver before they send you a letter with the tracking number even if in this letter they say that they do try.
We were at home the whole Friday, on Monday I received a letter from DX dated from that Fri saying that they were unable to deliver and I have to arrange a redelivery. The letter was sent by a 2nd class cheap mail service that took 2 days to arrive. It sounds like they try to save their money and do not pay currier unless they have a scheduled delivery.

Anyone knows the way to find a tracking DX number before you get the letter from them? I relly need to speed the process as I have to travel in couple of days.
I have just called the IPS and they said that they are unable to help me with the tracking number but they confirmed that my passport was printed 4 days ago.

barnaby

Re: similar experience with supporting docs

Post by barnaby » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:40 am

Jully wrote:I am pretty sure DX secure do not even try to deliver before they send you a letter with the tracking number even if in this letter they say that they do try.
We were at home the whole Friday, on Monday I received a letter from DX dated from that Fri saying that they were unable to deliver and I have to arrange a redelivery. The letter was sent by a 2nd class cheap mail service that took 2 days to arrive. It sounds like they try to save their money and do not pay currier unless they have a scheduled delivery.
I had the same experience when I renewed my passport in July 2010.

lamzat
Newly Registered

Post by lamzat » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:55 pm

DX is relatively good and secure and the ease or otherwise of delivery depends on the area. Its all for your own good I guess, the passport is not cancelled, simply re arrange delivery, simples!

crb

Post by crb » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:37 am

please don't tell me that u all had 7-day guranteed service??? what service was it??