ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for over 18 child

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

soulfullness

Post by soulfullness » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:14 am

Hi All
My daghter who is over 21 yrs , is on student visa in Germany and she is totally depending on parents for everything since last 5 years. I think she can apply Non-EEA permit to join family for six months under elderly dependent!
It is urgent as she will be completing her course soon withina month or so. All other family members are British Ctizen by Naturalisation.
Can anyone gve me a clear picture on tjis soon as it isvery urent.
Thanks in advance

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:41 am

An Elderly Dependent Visa is for a parent who depends (is supported by) a child or children. Not as you have mentioned a young person who is dependent on her parents.

soulfullness

Post by soulfullness » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:56 am

Hi Casa

Thanks for the reply but it seems on compassionate groundwith clear picture of dependency UK BA do support the coming of elderly dependent children
UKBAQuote:
If there are exceptional compassionate circumstances, the following relatives who meet the above requirements may be allowed to join as settled person here:
sons, daughters, sisters, brothers, uncles and aunts over the age of 18; and
parents and grandparents under the age of 65.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:35 pm

My point was that she's not elderly is she? Why does she need a visa for only 6 months? What happens after that?
I don't believe that this will be considered as exceptional compassionate circumstances. Where did she live before her studies in Germany?

Is your post earlier this month regarding a different daughter?
As my daughter worked for few months and now join the uni for studies when working for few months tax deducted for income but her total income is less than 6000 for the tax year 2011/2012. Is she eligible for any tax refund? Please note that she was a PR when she was working .
Or this one where you say you are a student in Canada?
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#570906

Or this one where you were about to apply for British Citizenship in August 2011?
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#530837

In fact you were given advice regarding a dependent visa when you posted the same query for your adult son in 2010. Here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#358454

The same advice given would apply for your adult daughter. :?

soulfullness

Post by soulfullness » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:00 pm

Hi Casa
Thank you aggain, Whom you refered is my scond daughter. However she is now British citizen and no problem.The one refered to is my eldest daughter who is 24 years and just applied thinking that ILR may not be issued and so I thought of applying EEA permit for Non -EEA family member as first step as she has no place to go after her studies. I can fullfil all the requirements pertaining to this application. However I am not quite sure how they will consider this case under compassionate ground.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:30 pm

What happened to the application you were intending to make for your student son in 2010...where the circumstances appear to be identical?
You're correct that someone who is living and studying outside of the UK wouldn't qualify for ILR. When you say 'just applied'...do you mean she's submitted an application for ILR?
She won't qualify for an EEA permit either simply by studying in Germany. You've asked for advice on a Dependent Relative visa under UK law, not for an EEA permit.
When you asked for advice regarding your student son's visa application on compassionate grounds in 2010, you may recall that you were given the link to this UKBA official guidance:
The circumstances will have to be such that the applicant cannot function (either because of illness or disability) without the help and support of friends or relatives and that no such help or support is available to them in the country where they are living.

soulfullness

Post by soulfullness » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:50 pm

Hi Casa

Apologise for the mistake that i have not corrected earlier . It is not my son but my daughter. That time at the interview of British embassy, they said as long as you are out of UK studying, there is no need of issuing you a ILR visa or PR. So she was coming to UK whenever schoolis closing for vacation obtaining visit visa to join the family in the UK. Now the problem is she is completing her studies there.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:56 pm

So you asked this question for your daughter 2 years ago (although in error posted as your son). If she has needed a visitor visa to enter the UK it doesn't appear as if she has held and category of legal residency here. I'm not sure what you mean when you say she was told she didn't need ILR or PR....if she was living outside of the UK she wouldn't qualify for permanent residency.

soulfullness

Post by soulfullness » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:10 pm

Hi Casa
I think I have o give full details of the past .
We as a family came to UK under HSMP. And then my eldest daughter is already over 18 yrs. As I was not in a position to pay a large amount of money on education she got an opportunity to study 2/3 less fee outside UK. However when we apply for further extension after one year , I advised her to apply the same outside UK too. Then she was told you are not required to apply for furhter extension as you are studying outside UK. So she was coming to UK to join us getting visit visa onlyon her vacation. This is what happened in the past.

soulfullness

Post by soulfullness » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:23 pm

HI Casa

Any other possibility such as Entry clearence etc Any advice. I am worried as new changes are posible effective from 9th July 2012 for family members visa .And so if I can apply before 9th Jly 2012 it will be more successful in case there is a possible route / way to get htis done.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:06 am

soulfullness wrote:Hi
My daughter(24 yrs) and Non-EEA who is studying out of UK need to come to UK . Is there any possibility to travel with me from out side UK to UK if I go to that country and travel with her to UK ( I am a British citizen) . How to obtain a Entry Clearence? How difficult to get a Entry Clearence in this case? My daughter is dependent on arents for every needs. All other members are British citizens.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.