ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

India travel before and after MN1 application

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TG1212
Newly Registered

India travel before and after MN1 application

Post by TG1212 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:18 pm

Hi,

My son has a ILR and we are applying for his MN1. I have following questions:

1) Can he travel on Indian passport BEFORE his MN1 registration certificate is received ?

2) Can he travel on Indian passport AFTER his MN1 registration and BEFORE we apply for his British passport ?

3) If he can travel to India as on point 1 above, can he enter UK on ILR after his MN1 registration is received in UK ?

Regards,
Tango

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:07 pm

TG1212
Newly Registered

Post by TG1212 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:26 pm

"Asim72", thanks for the link of high comission of india, however, i am not able to find the required informaiton on website given by you. Is there any specific section on the website i should look into ?

asim72
BANNED

Re: India travel before and after MN1 application

Post by asim72 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:03 am

TG1212 wrote:Hi,

My son has a ILR and we are applying for his MN1. I have following questions:

1) Can he travel on Indian passport BEFORE his MN1 registration certificate is received ?
Yes

2) Can he travel on Indian passport AFTER his MN1 registration and BEFORE we apply for his British passport ?
As per Indian Nationality law, your son looses Indian citizenship as soon he become British Citizen. So, by the letter of law, its illegal to use Indian passport once he become British Citizen. Indian government might not know this until you go to surrender his Indian passport to Indian HC. Be prepared to pay a fine when you surrender his passport. Check OCI section of HCI website to see what penalty charges are.

3) If he can travel to India as on point 1 above, can he enter UK on ILR after his MN1 registration is received in UK ?

ILR becomes inoperative once he becomes British citizen. But if you turn up at airport, I do not think that they will turn you back, but be prepared to wait at immigration counter for a while.

Regards,
Tango

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:07 am

TG1212 wrote:Hi,

My second kid has british passport (born in UK), while I am on ILR (yet to get BC). Which visa should I apply for my kid for travel to India and what is the processing time ?

Regards,
Tango
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:08 am

Second kid:
Any visa that the child may be eligible for. Alternatively, apply for PIO if the child is not travelling in the next few months.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!