ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT PLEASE-bank statement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

closer1973
Newly Registered

URGENT PLEASE-bank statement

Post by closer1973 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:17 am

goodmorning everyone

am new here and needs every help that i could get from you all as am quite confused-

my husband is due to apply for dependant t 1 visa in the next couple of days- my problem is i have a savings from a credit union here in the uk with excess of over 2000 i want to use as evidence of maintenance funds-

the issue is, the credit union only sends statements once a year and in case of anything additional statement- this is to save them money they say- so theyve sent the first statement which came whilst i was away in africa so couldnt get this on time of my return and based on the 31days timescale i couldnt get my husband to use, then the second one came in may, sent it by dhl to my husband but when he got his appointment date at the said british embassy that took the date 2wks over the date on the statement so that cant be used either.

now after pulling my hair out to the credit union, theyve agreed to send me one via email which they have, so its a scanned document on their headed paper and all the necessary details

MY QUESTION IS:
will this be accepted? because am thinking of forwarding the email with the scanned document so my husband could print it out and attach a copy of the email depicting the discussion i had with them via email with their names and direct contacts too on the email. DO YOU THINK THIS WILL BE OK PLEASE?

any help/and or further suggestions and advise will be very very much appreciated and its very urgent. thanking you all.

tntalluri
Newly Registered

Post by tntalluri » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:44 am

as per the information I have and read the documents they need originals. so please try to get the original copy.

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:20 pm

Unfortunately, though the statement would carry the financial institution's logo, and your details, it would still be considered scanned copy and not an original copy.
The guidance notes states that 'All statements must be on the bank’s
letterhead/official stationery.'
Read Guidance notes point 157-164

closer1973
Newly Registered

Thanks very much

Post by closer1973 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:18 pm

For the responses so far, thank you