ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

F.L.R Advice

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

john1974
Newly Registered

F.L.R Advice

Post by john1974 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:20 am

Hi :D
I am coming to the U.K on marriage visa, and after being here ten days are getting wed, how long after that is it before i can apply for the F.L.R, wish to do it in person at one of there offices, think the solihull office, but when from i enter the U.K can i apply? what i would like to do is enter then apply because of waiting time for an appointment time, as i'm not sure how long it will take to be given an appointment, can you book on-line straight away from the day i first enter the U.K ? or do you have to wait until you have got wed before applying? any advice you Good people can offer will be brill
Thanks Everyone :wink:

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:46 am

I hope you've applied for a fiance visa and not a marriage visit visa. When is the date of the marriage? Appointment slots are only released onto the system 6 weeks in advance and then are taken up very quickly. Reading your other posts, I'm assuming this question is on behalf of your fiancee.

john1974
Newly Registered

Post by john1974 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:00 am

hi yes it was a fiance visa, thanks for the time scale, but can we book now? as our wedding is in 10 days time, we just wont to get it booked and done with so i can get some work a.s.a.p, do we have to wait until after the wedding before we can book it?
thank you

BigEasy

Post by BigEasy » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:18 pm

You can book the appointment before your wedding but, as Casa has said, you will be unlikely to find an appointment available that isn't 6 weeks away.

Here's the link to the details:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... pointment/

patman1

Post by patman1 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:50 pm

6 weeks, we have just tryed it now and there is nothing NOTHING from now until christmas, this cannot be right ???

BigEasy

Post by BigEasy » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:31 pm

They release new slots every day, for six weeks away. They go fast. Tomorrow there should be some spots for circa 13 August available. If at first you don't succeed, try again at different times of the day. Some people say the slots become available at midnight, but I have no idea if this is true.

patman1

Post by patman1 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:33 pm

Hi
Thanks for letting me know i will keep an eye on them
i will get one slot i'm sure
thanks again for that

BigEasy

Post by BigEasy » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:52 am

When I looked this morning I was able to find appointments for 13 August 2012 at all PEO centres apart from Cardiff. Hope you managed to book something but, if not, try again tomorrow at about 8am.