ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visiting visa before applying for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LoveMyBaby786

Visiting visa before applying for spouse visa

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:50 am

Hello, I want to ask this question.
It looks really unlikely that i will be able to apply before the new rules happen for my husband visa who lives in Pakistan.
I was wondering i know it'll take me a year to show the salary, but in that year before i apply for him would I be able to apply for a visiting visa for him so at least he can come and live with me and our soon-to-be-born baby for a short while. He would obviously go back after the time is up and he wouldnt work, I would support him as i'd get a job this way which will start towards the £18,600 i need to earn.
Would this be possible to call him over as a visitor in the mean time?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:05 am

Possible, if he can fulfil the requirements - the most important being that he will not attempt to overstay his visitor visa in an effort to settle in the UK and will return before his visit visa expires.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

LoveMyBaby786

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:08 am

We would have no intention of letting him overstay. We've already been to dubai for our honeymoon which he had to apply a visiting visa for so they can see from there that he didnt overstay that time which is good.
Im hoping to do things this way no, visiting visa first so he can get adjusted and stay with baby for a good few months then when he returns hopefully a few months later i can apply for spouse visa :)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:51 am

In Dubai, he couldn't have overstayed with the intention of settling there. In UK, he can attempt that .. because you are a British citizen.
Just because he was issued a visitor visa for Dubai and did not overstay there does not not mean that he will be granted visitor visa for UK.

You will need to provide documentary evidences to prove his strong ties to his country of origin / residence.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

LoveMyBaby786

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:14 pm

He basically has his parents and 2 sisters over in pakistan and he has a job aswell full time, he's the only one who earns a salary for his house at the moment as his brother just got granted a working visa in saudi so he's over there.
Would a letter from his employee stating that he has a job when he comes back be enough evidence? Dont know what other evidence there could be apart from a letter being written by me as well stating we have no intention of letting him overstay, we plan on applying for a spouse visa after 1 year etc..

LoveMyBaby786

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:48 am

Is there a thread on this forum where I can see what is good evidence that I can submit to show my husband will return after the 6 months?
He has a job which can give him a letter saying his job is still available to him when he returns,
He also have the power of attorney to a lot of my uncles properties as he is the only family member we trust in pakistan, would evidence that he has power of attorney be good?
We can show all his bank statements etc..
Don't know what other type of evidence I can put, any advice please?

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:38 am

You dont have to show salary for the whole year - do you have 6 months worth of payslips?

LoveMyBaby786

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:13 pm

Yes we have payslips/bank statements from december/january

LoveMyBaby786

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:29 pm

Oh also i want to add my dad will be the one sponsoring my husband not me. He's sponsored a few relatives before so he knows what he's doing and none of them have overstayed either, will this matter or will it not make a difference?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:53 pm

It won't make any difference. The ECO will want to see evidence of strong ties to your husband's home country and as you, his wife, are living in the UK this may be difficult. A letter from his employer will add some strength to the application, but the question may be asked as to how your husband will be able to take extended leave from his job.

LoveMyBaby786

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:30 am

Casa wrote:It won't make any difference. The ECO will want to see evidence of strong ties to your husband's home country and as you, his wife, are living in the UK this may be difficult. A letter from his employer will add some strength to the application, but the question may be asked as to how your husband will be able to take extended leave from his job.
His boss can write a letter as he has no problem with giving him time off, my husband pays his house bills every month which he has proof of as his parents dont work, so he would have to go back for that anyway. He has a savings account there which we can say his family can use whilst he had his stay in the UK, also we could state that his brother has recently gone to Saudia on a working visa for 5 years and he will sending money back to the family in pakistan to help them as well. Stuff like this would it be okay?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:56 am

In my opinion mentioning the brother sending money back to the parents from Saudi would simply show less reason for your husband to return to continue financial support for his parents...as you say he does at present. I don't believe you need to add the information about his brother's work in Dubai.

LoveMyBaby786

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:41 pm

Casa wrote:In my opinion mentioning the brother sending money back to the parents from Saudi would simply show less reason for your husband to return to continue financial support for his parents...as you say he does at present. I don't believe you need to add the information about his brother's work in Dubai.
True..okay thank you