ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Degree requirements for Tier 1 Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vikrant003
Newly Registered

Degree requirements for Tier 1 Extension

Post by vikrant003 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:01 pm

Hello Everyone,

My Tier 1 General VISA is expiring in October 2012. When I had applied for VISA first time in India, I was required to submit my Degree with VFS in India and was returned when I got my VISA. I am wondering if the same Degree is required for extension of Tier1 in UK as well? Kindly advise/share your experience otheriwse I may need to travel back to India to get that Degree back to UK.

Reagards,
VK

tier1_aspirant123

Post by tier1_aspirant123 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:25 pm

you should read the guidelines clearly it states that if you have proved your qualification in your previous tier 1 general application and using the same now then you dont need to re send your degree certificate.

just out of interest why do you have to travel to get your degree certificate you dont trust couriers :)
Tier1 Aspirant

vikrant003
Newly Registered

Degree requirements for Tier 1 General Extn.

Post by vikrant003 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:49 pm

Thanks mate for your response. My problem is nobody in India to send back my degree to UK. My house is locked.:-(

Further I can not find anywhere if Degree is required or not. Also when I had got my Tier 1 General VISA on first application, my degree was proof that my medium of education was English as it's in NARIC database.

Can someone who applied and got his Tier 1 VISA renewed recently confirm if he/she provided Degree/Certificate for Educational and English requirements please? I would be really greatful.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: Degree requirements for Tier 1 General Extn.

Post by UKBALoveStory » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:45 am

vikrant003 wrote:Thanks mate for your response. My problem is nobody in India to send back my degree to UK. My house is locked.:-(

Further I can not find anywhere if Degree is required or not. Also when I had got my Tier 1 General VISA on first application, my degree was proof that my medium of education was English as it's in NARIC database.

Can someone who applied and got his Tier 1 VISA renewed recently confirm if he/she provided Degree/Certificate for Educational and English requirements please? I would be really greatful.
1- You don't have to submit your degree.
2- You don't have to prove your English skills, as you have already proven it in you initial application.

The above response is from personal experience.

tier1_aspirant123

Post by tier1_aspirant123 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:56 am

please read point number 69 on page 14 and point number 131 on page 25

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

reading the guidance carefully and again and again will not do any harm ;)
Tier1 Aspirant

vikrant003
Newly Registered

Post by vikrant003 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:37 am

Hello mate, I don;t know how do I thank you for this kind help..I am kicking myself for missing that para :-)

Thanks again.