ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization urgent query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VishalG

Naturalization urgent query

Post by VishalG » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:50 pm

I want to apply for naturalization for myself and my wife but we will be away for holidays for a month. Can anyone suggest if I have to stay in UK while my application is in process or I can go on holiday during this process as I will be applying through NCS.

Can anyone also suggest that should I apply after coming back from holidays or vice-a-versa.

Also please can anyone suggest all the documents needed, do I need to fill two seperate forms for myself and my wife.

Thanks.

AlexS

Post by AlexS » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:16 am

You can go on holidays as long as you're present in the UK when your application reaches UKBA. That's why they ask you to tell if you're planning to go away in the next 5 days.
-----
Alex

VishalG

Post by VishalG » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:21 am

Thanks Alex

ohhh I was planning to go outside UK on a project so was thinking of applying first and then go as I thought I will get my original documents incl passport back and I can travel outside UK while my applicaiton is in process, So it means I have to come back and then apply.

Also please suggest all the documents needed, main querry do I need to fill two seperate forms for myself and my wife.

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:49 am

I suggest you read the form. You will notice that the form is just for one single applicant.

You can apply through NCS. They will make copies of all the documents and return the originals to you there and then.

VishalG

Post by VishalG » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:06 am

Thanks for your reply, So does it mean while my application is in process I can go outside UK

bebe2011

travel after submitting

Post by bebe2011 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:25 am

The answer is Yes.......you can travel BUT only AFTER 5 days from the date you submitted your application.

Hope this a clear answer.